Advertisement

Frankfurt Flughafen (FRA)

Advertisement

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Admin #43
Presumably the aircraft began its journey in South America. Santiago?

Since being reminded about Latam by your post last night I've looked them up and find they are basically an amalgamation of LAN Chile and the Brazillian TAM.

Is that your first B787-9 ride? I did a Perth-Melbourne last November with a Qantas 787-9. Although the aircraft had initally flown non-stop from Heathrow to Perth its final destination was Melbourne. The purser (I can't remember what Qantas calls its senior cabin staff member) told me that the passenger experience is pleasanter in the 787 because of the lower (than 'conventional' jetliners) simulated pressure inside the cabin. He said that generally passengers feel fresher after a long flight. As our flight was only around three hours I didn't really notice any difference, but on much longer flights that might well be the case. Did you notice any difference on your short flight?

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #44
Presumably the aircraft began its journey in South America. Santiago?
Yes it flew Santiago to Madrid first and will fly back to Santiago from Madrid when it gets back from Frankfurt.
I've flown the 787 9 once before with KLM from San Francisco to Amsterdam a few years ago and had a good flight, the aircraft was noticeably more quiet than the 767s and 747s i'd flown on before and on the long haul flight i did feel less tired but didn't notice anything on the short haul one.

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #45
Back down to earth today and McDonald's in concourse B instead of a Premium lounge! Great views of the apron and runway from here!
Frankfurt seems a nice airport though not as plush as Madrid T4S kind of reminds me of Schipol.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Admin #49
Yes! After a 5 hour bus journey I got home around 8.
Five hours? That must have been as long as the combined total time of your three flights.

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #51

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Admin #56
My trip report of my flight from Frankfurt to Heathrow with Lufthansa
Another very enjoyable video, Jerry.

I was surprised that LH operates a 320 between the principal airports of the UK and Germany. I was expecting something larger. Does the timetable boast a frequent daily service?

Excellent shot of Twickers, and The Stoop (Harlequins' ground) can be seen nearby.

I smiled at the shots of the gate area prior to boarding. There were about 25 people in shot and only a couple were not on their mobile phones. What did people do before the mobile phone was invented? Speak to each other, I suppose.

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #57
I was surprised that LH operates a 320 between the principal airports of the UK and Germany. I was expecting something larger. Does the timetable boast a frequent daily service?
I believe that they operate around 10 to 12 flights a day between Frankfurt and Heathrow on the A320. Looks like they choose frequency over aircraft size.

Yes I was glad I was able to get some footage of the rugby stadium.

It's modern day world. Phones are many people's lives these days but it does mean that people don't actually talk to each other now!
Thanks for watching!

Advertisement

Top Bottom