SXM Terminal Building Reconstruction Project on Schedule
news-090518-SXM-Terminal-Building-Reconstruction-Project-on-Schedule.jpg

Mold Remediation and Surface Removal Decontamination process in the temporary Arrival and Baggage Claim area
Simpson Bay, St. Maarten (Wednesday September 5, 2018) – The Mold Remediation and Surface Removal Decontamination process is underway at the terminal building of the Princess Juliana International Airport - SXM. The scope of the work will also include the installation of HEPA air filtration units and portable humidifiers to dry any remaining wet building materials.

The Texas-based company, BMS CAT International, was awarded the contract to carry out the mold remediation work, as the terminal building sustained severe damages following the 2017 hurricanes. During this process, the company will clean all the mold contaminated items on the ground floor of the airport.

The Terminal Reconstruction project includes, “Package One,” the first phase of which is the remediation method. It also encompasses the cleaning of filters, light fixtures and any item that has remained in the terminal building after the internal demolition.

The Mold Remediation and Surface Removal Decontamination project has also contributed towards the employment of over 50 local workers.

The Managing Board has declared that the project is on schedule. It is the intention to have a seamless transfer of the Departure and Arrival Operations to the ground floor of the Terminal Building in November 2018. The SXM Airport will offer Wi-Fi services and be fully airconditioned.

The completion of “Package One,” is much anticipated as the peak season for passenger traffic at SXM Airport is from December 15 to April 15 (Winter Season). Despite normal seasonality, the numbers of SXM departing passengers are increasing as St. Maarten/St. Martin tourism recovers from the hurricanes of 2017. For instance, in June 2016 SXM departing passengers were 62% of what they were in March 2016, but in 2018, the June average daily passenger volume was 106% of March 2018. This change reflects the ongoing restoration of hotel & time share rooms and the influence it has on SXM passenger volumes. In June 2018 there were 26 commercial airlines serving SXM with 22 catering to passengers and 4 for the carriage of cargo.

SXM_Bernie_reduced.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
SXM Terminal Building Reconstruction Project on Schedule
news-090518-SXM-Terminal-Building-Reconstruction-Project-on-Schedule.jpg

Mold Remediation and Surface Removal Decontamination process in the temporary Arrival and Baggage Claim area
Simpson Bay, St. Maarten (Wednesday September 5, 2018) – The Mold Remediation and Surface Removal Decontamination process is underway at the terminal building of the Princess Juliana International Airport - SXM. The scope of the work will also include the installation of HEPA air filtration units and portable humidifiers to dry any remaining wet building materials.

The Texas-based company, BMS CAT International, was awarded the contract to carry out the mold remediation work, as the terminal building sustained severe damages following the 2017 hurricanes. During this process, the company will clean all the mold contaminated items on the ground floor of the airport.

The Terminal Reconstruction project includes, “Package One,” the first phase of which is the remediation method. It also encompasses the cleaning of filters, light fixtures and any item that has remained in the terminal building after the internal demolition.

The Mold Remediation and Surface Removal Decontamination project has also contributed towards the employment of over 50 local workers.

The Managing Board has declared that the project is on schedule. It is the intention to have a seamless transfer of the Departure and Arrival Operations to the ground floor of the Terminal Building in November 2018. The SXM Airport will offer Wi-Fi services and be fully airconditioned.

The completion of “Package One,” is much anticipated as the peak season for passenger traffic at SXM Airport is from December 15 to April 15 (Winter Season). Despite normal seasonality, the numbers of SXM departing passengers are increasing as St. Maarten/St. Martin tourism recovers from the hurricanes of 2017. For instance, in June 2016 SXM departing passengers were 62% of what they were in March 2016, but in 2018, the June average daily passenger volume was 106% of March 2018. This change reflects the ongoing restoration of hotel & time share rooms and the influence it has on SXM passenger volumes. In June 2018 there were 26 commercial airlines serving SXM with 22 catering to passengers and 4 for the carriage of cargo.

Princess Juliana International Airport

It's great to see the airport rebounding back after last years hurricane. I'd love to go there some day.

Not sure if anyone watching but VOLGA DNEPR IL76 flights are coming and going with one currently taking residence at SXM. These being COVID 96 relief movements.

I am new to this part of F4A normally active on BHX. I have PZTV on daily to follow SXM activities.

I think I caught a clippet of the aircraft landing there on a news article. An amazing aircraft landing at an amazing airport.

Even more so when watching live coverage, the Russian Jet certainly is imposing at a relatively small airport and am waiting for one ANTONOV to collect those hospitainers when use of is finished.

Thank you Aviador for the response, was not sure anyone would be bothered.

Thank you Aviador for the response, was not sure anyone would be bothered.

Your welcome. SXM is one of my favourite airports and it's been on my bucket list for a long time. I would love to stay at the hotel at the end of the runway to watch the movements from there. It must be a breathtaking sight.

Regretfully, my flying days and in fact all distance travel has ceased for me so I content myself with watching internet coverage of SXM together with a daily read of the local news media, getting to know life on that fantastic island. Not just the airport which is on hibernation and closed to routine passenger services yet remains open to military and freight, but the sea port and mountain views are interesting.

With hurricane season approaching, things will get difficult for the country but I shall continue watching as cameras and news media permit.

I hope you get to the Sunset Bar on Maho Beach. I think I prefer Simpson Bay!

It is possibly wishful thinking but a RAF Voyager ZZ332 is loitering at altitude in the Dutch Caribbean nearby to SXM though also UK territories nearby. British Anguilla is a short ferry ride North of St. Maarten and as it is direct from BZZ one is curious as to it's task this day with hurricanes a plenty in the region! No clues from FR24.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock