It would be odd of them being a plc to have not announced it at the same time as the LGW ones. Got a feeling that reporter has mixed and matched the 2 reports.

Elsewhere, this week's winner of the most ludicrous remark regarding airlines comes from HSBC bank
https://www.sharecast.com/news/brok...fiting-from-thomas-cooks-demise--7040985.html

"Given its network, easyJet should be well placed to benefit from Thomas Cook’s shut down in Gatwick and Bristol. easyJet is more of a recent arrival in the Manchester market and is not well positioned in the Birmingham market."

So they've only been here for around a dozen years. Wonder what qualifies as a more established airline?!

EasyJet adding 2 aircraft to MAN from June making 19 based.

3 new routes to Rome FCO, Mahon and Sharm El Sheikh.

Hurgarda goes year round and increases to 3 weekly.

Various route increases such as Paris CDG going from 9 to 12 weekly, Dalaman from 7 to 12 weekly, Antalya from 4 to 7 weekly, Palma from 12 to 13 weekly and Marrakesh from 3 to 4 weekly.

Interesting times....

28 February 2020

easyJet plc
('easyJet')

EASYJET STATEMENT - COVID-19 UPDATE

Following the increased incidence of COVID-19 cases in Northern Italy, we have seen a significant softening of demand and load factors into and out of our Northern Italian bases. Further, we are also seeing some slower demand across our other European markets. As a result we will be making decisions to cancel some flights, particularly those into and out of Italy, while continuing to monitor the situation and adapting our flying programme to support demand.
While it is too early to determine what the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak will be on current year outlook and guidance for both the Airline and Holidays business, we continue to monitor the situation carefully and will update the market in due course.
easyJet is working closely with authorities and are following the guidelines provided by the World Health Organisation and EASA to ensure the health and wellbeing of our people and customers.
We have a cross-functional working group that has been meeting daily to make sure that all our processes and policies remain effective. Our procedures for dealing with communicable diseases are similar to those developed during the SARS epidemic and other global health emergencies.
In the meantime, to help mitigate the impact from COVID-19 we will be focusing on delivering operational efficiency and cost savings across a number of areas of the business, including:
· Budget cuts in administrative areas and discretionary spend
· Recruitment, promotion and pay freezes across the network
· Postponement of non-critical project and capital expenditure
· Offering unpaid leave and halting non-mandatory training
· Working with third party suppliers to further reduce cost
· Aircraft reallocation for summer 2020 which will offer the highest revenue opportunities on market recovery.

For further details please contact easyJet plc:

EasyJet is imposing big cutbacks on the MAN-BFS route (and probably others). I've just had an evening booking cancelled (future travel) and there was no alternative flight available to book till more than 24 hours later. Looks like the route will operate just once daily midweek - presumably till the COVID-19 scare passes. There still appears to be more flights operating at weekend.

I've just rebooked onto FlyBe. Yes, I know ... keeping my fingers tightly crossed for that one as well!

Any news on which routes will be served by the 2 based aircraft from 1st July? And then by the 4 based aircraft from 15th July?

According to BBC this morning Easyjet to increase flights by 10% on entire network due to pax loads being 84% and will now operate 40% of planned schedule, have been using at least 11 aircraft ex Manchester from last weekend

Airlineroute update
easyJet Manchester Sep 2020 operations as of 30AUG20
Posted 31 August 2020 08:30
easyJet earlier this month gradually filed changes to its operational schedule in the OAG, at least for the month of September 2020. Based on frequency comparison between 02AUG20 vs 30AUG20, planned operation at Manchester as follows. For the month of September, the carrier schedules 795 departure flights, reduced from 1331.

As the UK quarantine rules remain fluid, last minute changes remain highly possible.

Certain routes operating during the period of 01 – 05SEP20 may be omitted from the list below.

Manchester – Aberdeen 7 weekly
Manchester – Alicante 7 weekly
Manchester – Amsterdam 6 weekly (7 weekly from 20SEP20; Reduced from 26 weekly)
Manchester – Antalya 7 weekly
Manchester – Athens
6 weekly
Manchester – Barcelona 2 weekly (Reduced from 5-6 weekly)
Manchester – Basel/Mulhouse 3 weekly (Reduced from 7 weekly)
Manchester – Bastia 1 weekly
Manchester – Belfast International 8-9 weekly (Reduced from 24 weekly)
Manchester – Bilbao 2 weekly (Reduced from 4 weekly)
Manchester – Bordeaux 1 flight scheduled week of 06SEP20 (Reduced from 2 weekly in Sep)
Manchester – Budapest 2 weekly (Reduced from 3 weekly)
Manchester – Catania 5 weekly
Manchester – Copenhagen 2-3 weekly (Reduced from 11 weekly)
Manchester – Corfu 5 weekly
Manchester – Dalaman 12 weekly
Manchester – Dubrovnik 1-3 weekly (Reduced from 3 weekly)
Manchester – Faro 7-10 weekly (Previously filed 8 weekly)
Manchester – Funchal 2 weekly
Manchester – Geneva 3 weekly (Reduced from 14 weekly)
Manchester – Gibraltar 4 weekly
Manchester – Hurghada 2 weekly (Reduced from 3 weekly)
Manchester – Irakleion 5 weekly (Reduced from 4 weekly)
Manchester – Jersey 3 weekly
Manchester – Kalamata 2 weekly
Manchester – Kefallinia 2 weekly
Manchester – Krakow 2 weekly (Reduced from 3 weekly)
Manchester – Lanzarote 1 weekly scheduled week of 06SEP20 (Reduced from 4 weekly in Sep)
Manchester – Lisbon 2 weekly
Manchester – Mahon 1 weekly scheduled week of 06SEP20 (Reduced from 2 weekly in Sep)
Manchester – Malaga 7 weekly
Manchester – Malta 6-7 weekly
Manchester – Milan Malpensa 3 weekly (Reduced from 7 weekly)
Manchester – Mykonos 3 weekly (Increased from 2 weekly)
Manchester – Nice 2 weekly (Reduced from 3 weekly)
Manchester – Olbia 3 weekly
Manchester – Palma Mallorca 6 weekly (Reduced from 7 weekly)
Manchester – Paphos 4 weekly (Reduced from 6 weekly)
Manchester – Paris CDG 4 weekly (Reduced from 16-18 weekly)
Manchester – Pisa 2 weekly (Reduced from 4 weekly)
Manchester – Porto 2 weekly (Reduced from 3 weekly)
Manchester – Prague 3 weekly (Reduced from 9 weekly)
Manchester – Preveza 2 weekly
Manchester – Reykjavik Keflavik 2 weekly
Manchester – Sofia 3 weekly
Manchester – Split 3 weekly
Manchester – Tenerife South 5-6 weekly (Reduced from 8 weekly)
Manchester – Thessaloniki 3 weekly
Manchester – Thira 4 weekly (Increased from 3 weekly)
Manchester – Tivat 2 weekly
Manchester – Venice 3 weekly (Reduced from 4 weekly)
Manchester – Verona 2 weekly (Service operates until the week of 20SEP20)

I don't see any German routes from Easyjet...would there be any reason why, considering Germany is one of the few EU countries not on the quarantine list?
I was hoping to visit both Hamburg and Munich that Easy previously flew to from MAN.

No-frills carriers generally have made big cutbacks in Germany following initiatives by crackpot "look at me!" politicians to impose punitive 'green' taxes on air travel. This was already a significant consideration for carriers before anyone had ever heard of COVID-19. Since the pandemic hit, airlines in Germany have been particularly disadvantaged by the ease with which Germans can drive to popular tourist destinations in Italy, France, Spain and other adjacent countries using their own cars. This has been a real drag in getting German operations up to speed again.

No-frills carriers generally have made big cutbacks in Germany following initiatives by crackpot "look at me!" politicians to impose punitive 'green' taxes on air travel. This was already a significant consideration for carriers before anyone had ever heard of COVID-19. Since the pandemic hit, airlines in Germany have been particularly disadvantaged by the ease with which Germans can drive to popular tourist destinations in Italy, France, Spain and other adjacent countries using their own cars. This has been a real drag in getting German operations up to speed again.

Ah yes, of course...the green tax! I forgot all about this!

I noticed on FR24 during the last week, EZY are flying to Hamburg from EDI & LGW...maybe not enough demand from MAN...

Ah yes, of course...the green tax! I forgot all about this!

I noticed on FR24 during the last week, EZY are flying to Hamburg from EDI & LGW...maybe not enough demand from MAN...
The three German routes from MAN (BER, HAM, MUC) will not start until mid to late November, and when they restart they'll only be a few times a week.

I'd would have said that Germany is mainly a business destination for easyJet. Looking at the easyJet schedules from the UK to Germany, it shows that nearly all routes are only being operated only a few times a week, even from LGW where (pre-Covid) they would have been multiple times per day.

Without sounding out of order or unsympathetic, I really don't have a lot of trust in EZY at the moment when it comes to booking flights for the next few months. Yes, it must be a nightmare for the marketing/planning departments of all airlines, but it just feels to me they are cancelling a lot more flights/holidays than other UK/European airlines?

Like a lot of the country/world, I haven't been away this year, but I am determined to and after flying on business twice already since March (France & Germany) I felt completely safe in all airports I visited and on all flights.
We were meant to go to Santorini in mid October but this has now been cancelled. Now I have found cheap flights (£62 return) to Thessaloniki early October for 5 days, as mainland Greece is on the green list (and to stay that way hopefully) I am very tempted to book.
And as per every Christmas, a group of us go away to Costa Del Sol and have flights booked 21st Dec-1st Jan since March. I know EZY have been making cancellations up until January 2021 and have heard people not finding out until a while after they have been officially taken off sale.

For some reason this thread doesn't appear on my Manchester lists - so here is the post that I put on a 'new thread' in error.

Anyway a few weeks ago I posted a link to the anna.aero analysis of Ryanair's must profitable routes - a report that had Manchester in the top tier of airports.

Last week anna.aero produced a similar report for easyJet. Manchester again appears in the top 10 best performing airport's on easyJet's route network - based on profit margin. A link to the article is given below:

www.anna.aero

easyJet’s most profitable airports revealed using RDC’s Apex platform
We look at easyJet's most profitable airports and see fast growth and strong dominance. Five of its largest airports aren't in its top-10 for profit.
www.anna.aero
www.anna.aero

For those not wanting to read the entire article I have reproduced the chart and given my own observations beneath it:

Screenshot (1025).png

Manchester's position based on:
Profit margin -10th (9.84%)
Profit - 7th (£39.25m)
Revenue - 6th (£398.85m)
LFAC - 5th= (90.5%)
Yield - 1st (90.5)

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock