When traveling from Cardiff airport towards Llantwit Major you pass the main turning to St Athan village and stay on the B4265 and then take the next right. It’s a small road but within about 200 yards of turning onto this road you will be on the railway bridge.
Thank you for that, is there any views available from anywhere else, I have seen some closer shots of the scrapping area - just dont know where though.

E.

Thank you for that, is there any views available from anywhere else, I have seen some closer shots of the scrapping area - just dont know where though.

E.
There are other places around the other side next to the twin peaks hanger (the two green triangle hangers) where you can get right up to the fence. This is where most of the aircraft are parked. Chances are here though you will attract the attention on the MOD Police.

There are other places around the other side next to the twin peaks hanger (the two green triangle hangers) where you can get right up to the fence. This is where most of the aircraft are parked. Chances are here though you will attract the attention on the MOD Police.

I saw the notice on the fence in google earth, what would they do - just ask you to move on?

E.

How about the old spotting spot down the lane leading to that farm, I read its a right of way lane so aslong as no obstruction is caused to farm traffic, is it still ok to spot from here?

Sorry for all the questions, I have never ever been to St Athan or Cardiff.

E.

How about the old spotting spot down the lane leading to that farm, I read its a right of way lane so aslong as no obstruction is caused to farm traffic, is it still ok to spot from here?

Sorry for all the questions, I have never ever been to St Athan or Cardiff.

E.

Apparently the farm track road has had tarmac laid. Things have seemed to calmed down between the farmers son and enthusiasts of late

With Monarch Aircraft Engineering entering administration today, no doubt there will be several airlines looking to re-locate their maintenance at short notice.

Hopefully some more work on the horizon for Cardiff Aviation. Possible more staff too.
MAEL did a lot of work on 787s as part of the Boeing gold package i believe so i wonder if that could be something Cardiff Aviation might look at?

I’m not sure if they have B787 approval, I certainly doubt the facility would be granted Gold Care status, especially as I think they have their own facility either online or due online at Gatwick.

As CAL are recruiting they have offered apprentiship positions and across various groups have publicised that they are actively recruiting.

I’m not sure if they have B787 approval, I certainly doubt the facility would be granted Gold Care status, especially as I think they have their own facility either online or due online at Gatwick.

As CAL are recruiting they have offered apprentiship positions and across various groups have publicised that they are actively recruiting.

We don't have B787 approval at the moment, if the wingspan is any larger than that of the B767 then there maybe an issue of it fitting through the hangar doors.

If anyone is interested the new South Wales Aviation Museum opens at St Athan on the 20th April. The link to their ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- page is below.
https://www.***Links to other Socia...cXM6994MvroX8tlLxzIMZQaaLSsRr530XJ4AqfP8-boG8

When I first read that I thought what has Cardiff got to do with Australia ( new South Wales ) Oh dear I need to sit down

Cardiff Aviation is now FAA approved. So hopefully they'll see a few US registered aircraft in the future.

A youtube channel called Fly Drive Explore has done a video about the South Wales Aviation Museum at St Athan. Looks good! I'm going to have to take a day off to pop down and see it one day. It's only open on weekends.

A youtube channel called Fly Drive Explore has done a video about the South Wales Aviation Museum at St Athan. Looks good! I'm going to have to take a day off to pop down and see it one day. It's only open on weekends.
Interesting place. I wonder for how much longer they will allow visitors to clamber around the aircraft.

Last edited:
Interesting place. I wonder for how much longer they will allow visitors to clamber around the aricraft.
As long as the aircraft don't get damaged i suppose. It does make for a better experience especially for the kids.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock