Ticket prices are based off demand - its not like someone at easyJet has manually put the prices up after Flybe went.

More people looking at certain flights = increase in prices.
Sorry but no way. day after easyJet go bust they thing oh hum let's help out by putting up prices. Bollox to them.

Sorry but easy jet has joined then sick list by taking advantage of 2000 people losing their jobs. As I have signed the no flying in 2020 plege not a problem this year. But they may be off limits in 2021.

Come one easyJet, please prove me wrong.

Come on folks. How many tImes have we been told a route with good load factors has gone due to yield.
This is yield in action.

easyjet have historically said they cannot get good yields out of the Midlands, so it is good to see there are now achieving this just unfortunate circumstances.
Roll on some new routes :)

Agreed. It's in our interest that airlines are able to profit when they are able to (and clearly people are still flying with them at these prices). We've seen this week what happens when airlines are not able to make money

Sorry but no way. day after easyJet go bust they thing oh hum let's help out by putting up prices. Bollox to them.

Sorry but easy jet has joined then sick list by taking advantage of 2000 people losing their jobs. As I have signed the no flying in 2020 plege not a problem this year. But they may be off limits in 2021.

Come one easyJet, please prove me wrong.

Call it bollox if you want but that's how demand and capacity work. As I said its not like someone has manually put the prices up - the booking engine reacts to how many views a certain route gets. Likewise, dump a load of capacity on a certain routes and prices plummet.

It's a free market, easyJet won't be the only ones to have bumped prices in the wake of Flybe collapsing.

I'm guessing it's one hell of a slow news day in Coventry

Coventry Live reporting easyJet have suspended their BHX to Madrid, Barcelona and Alicante routes

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Or maybe routes that were due to be announced in the coming weeks ?? Iberia leaving and all of that ??

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Or maybe routes that were due to be announced in the coming weeks ?? Iberia leaving and all of that ??

Quoted from the article:

"EasyJet has become the latest airline to cancel flights to Spain - meaning a host of Birmingham Airport services are halted.

The airline flies to Barcelona, Madrid and Alicante from Birmingham Airport but has announced it has cancelled all flights to Spain."

Pathetic excuse for a news outlet if they're just making stuff up :rage: No the airline doesn't fly to BCN, MAD and ALC from Birmingham. Do journalists even bother fact checking before publishing articles these days? No wonder there's panic buying in supermarkets if this is the state of 'facts' media outlets are publishing!

The 29th is still almost 2 weeks away. The whole of Italy went into lockdown just 8 days ago. 8!

Just a few days ago the government was rejecting any notion of the UK going into lockdown, whilst today the government asked for the country to voluntarily 'lockdown'.

In 2 weeks time, I doubt there'll be many countries with cases of Coronavirus that aren't in lockdown.

Emergency laws need to pass through parliament before a formal lockdown can occur, hence the suggestion and request for people to consider what to do. Without the new law, insurance is not viable as it becomes unactionable. Alternatively, a State of Emergency to be declared and that is something no one wants as basic liberties become curtailed with the consequences that follow.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock