My recent flights confirm that Air New Zealand are better than Singapore Airlines at present which i never thought I would say !!!

Our reward for the wife’s knackered seat was 40,000 Avios points....brilliant, but I won’t use BA again unless no other airline does the route I require.

i would say you were pretty unlucky tbh. I can’t remember the last time I had a broken seat on BA - I am not even sure I have had one yet.

If your flying eastward, use the BA air miles and upgrade with Qatar

Just to clarify, you can only upgrade with avios on BA and to a lesser extend AA and IB. You can book a normal reward seat on QR though using avios and that would be 60000 avios in J one way.

If it was not for Iberia and Aer Lingus, my Avios points would be dormant

What are you struggling to find on BA flights with avios? Some sweet spots for avios rewards are usually
- short haul on BA
- regional partner flights (e.g. CX around the Far East)
- UuA
- 2-4-1 vouchers for long haul J/F possibly combined with a GUF if you have any
- long haul partner flights (excluding exUK)

British Airways have again being messing with summer 2020 flight schedule timings for the London Heathrow - Leeds/Bradford route.

Mondays
BA1340 = LHR 08:15 - LBA 09:15 / BA1341 = LBA 09:55 - LHR 11:10 = A319
BA1344 = LHR 16:05 - LBA 17:05 / BA1345 = LBA 17:50 - LHR 19:00 = A319
Tuesdays
BA1340 = LHR 08:10 - LBA 09:10 / BA1341 = LBA 09:55 - LHR 11:10 = A319
Wednesdays
BA1340 = LHR 08:15 - LBA 09:15 / BA1341 = LBA 09:55 - LHR 11:10 = A319
Thursdays
BA1340 = LHR 09:10 - LBA 10:10 / BA1341 = LBA 11:15 - LHR 12:30 = A319
BA1344 = LHR 15:35 - LBA 16:40 / BA1345 = LBA 17:20 - LHR 18:35 = A319
Fridays
BA1340 = LHR 08:10 - LBA 09:10 / BA1341 = LBA 09:55 - LHR 11:10 = A319
BA1344 = LHR 16:00 - LBA 17:05 / BA1345 = LBA 17:50 - LHR 19:00 = A319
Saturdays
BA1340 = LHR 11:00 - LBA 12:00 / BA1431 = LBA 12:40 - LHR 13:55 = A319
Sundays
BA1340 = LHR 08:15 - LBA 09:15 / BA1431 = LBA 09:55 - LHR 11:10 = A319

Headlines from today's papers about BA

British Airways axed hundreds of short-haul flights to destinations across Europe
  • The airline also scrapped 12 long-haul flights from Heathrow to New York
  • Which? called on airlines to urgently update families in the run-up to Easter
  • In a dramatic development, BA yesterday axed hundreds of short-haul flights to destinations across Europe, including Italy, France, Germany and Ireland, from March 16 to 31.

The airline also scrapped 12 long-haul flights from Heathrow to New York, its busiest and most profitable route, along with dozens of services to China, Hong Kong, Singapore and Seoul due to lack of demand.

Continuation of article....Many airlines have recorded pitifully low passenger numbers and delays caused by passenger no-shows.

Among the worst-hit carriers is EasyJet, which has cancelled 500 flights to 13 airports in Italy over the second half of March – affecting one in ten flights to the country.

The airline, whose share price has dropped by a third this week, has rolled out emergency measures to deal with reduced ticket sales, including a staff pay freeze.

Yesterday Ryanair also announced it would reduce the number of flight to and from Italy, from airports across Europe, by up to 25 per cent from March 17 to April 9.

A spokesman wouldn’t confirm which Ryanair routes had been cancelled, but said passengers would be contacted at least 14 days in advance. Until now, the vast majority of cancelled flights across all airlines had been due to depart to the worst-hit countries, such as mainland China and, in recent days, cities in northern Italy.

But the latest announcement of sweeping cancellations to locations across Europe – and even the US – threatens to ruin the travel plans of hundreds of thousands of people.

hi all
i wonder how much longer we will keep our heathrow flight with BA cancelling so many flights out of heathrow.
sm:cry:

They are just reducing frequencies on certain high frequency routes. I wouldn't expect LBA to be affected significantly if at all. I haven't had any cancellations for the period so a promising sign.

hi all
i wonder how much longer we will keep our heathrow flight with BA cancelling so many flights out of heathrow.
sm:cry:

Yeah wouldn't that please the local naysayers and the so called extinction Rebellion lot.

Have they cancelled any UK domestic flights/routes? NO

I for one hope we don't lose British Airways, as once lost I suspect we would never get a London Heathrow route back if they were to walk away due to the on going Cronavirus effect.

People & Businesses in Leeds and West Yorkshire are still travelling and require them vital one-stop worldwide connections British Airways (One world) offer.

Anyone would think the world is ending if you read some of the messages that are being posted on this forum and what the gutter press are reporting. Please move on and get on with living your normal daily life......

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock