Anyone know the position with Ryanair for Summer 2021 bearing in mind the group that shall not be mentioned are intimating in their tweet yesterday that perhaps they are dropping LBA. We seem to have heard that before. Is the group that shall not be mentioned run by Jet3 by any chance??

Ryanair's summer 2021 programme for Leeds/Bradford Airport hasn't even being released for sale as yet. So how can they the group that shall not be mentioned claim they bloody leaving, what a joke!

Maybe we need to get some clarity from the airport regards the Ryanair situation, especially if they are spreading false information.

Last edited:
Just had a quick look at the group that shall not be mentioned’s Twitter feed. It seems that hardly anyone but the group that shall not be mentioned makes any posts or comments on any topic. I think the most likes I saw on any topic was 17, with 3 or 4 being more typical. From this , although the page does seem well put together, I conclude that there isn’t a lot of interest in their cause, rather someone with a lot of time on their hands, and bearing a big grudge against normal life is putting together any negative information they can find, or make up to discredit our airport and aviation in general.
I was sorely tempted to start banging on the true facts onto some of their ridiculous posts, but unfortunately experience has showed me that you can’t explain truths, or even reason with these loony left / green types because they will shout very loudly, and trash you into the floor, making you wish you’d just kept quiet.

At the February consultation event I wasted 15 minutes of my life talking to one of the leaders in the group that shall not be mentioned. He told me he flies from Manchester and everyone should do so with LBA drastically reducing operations. I pointed out his hypocrisy and accused him of being nothing but a NIMBY pretending to be green. In response to my comment that planes emit the same CO2 at MAN as at LBA and there is then the additional CO2 arising from travel to another airport he claimed everyone will soon drive an electric car, like him, and emit no CO2. I asked him if he was aware that electricity production emits 43% of global CO2 and that this will increase as demand increases and he claimed it would go down as all the additional demand would be met from renewable sources. He had an answer to everything but ultimately he was a hypocritical NIMBY who in that 15 minutes earned my utter contempt.

I think that Ryanair will be waiting and see how the"take up" is for the fights this year before deciding how much to offer next year. Don't forget it could take up to 4 years before pax return to 2019 levels.

I think that Ryanair will be waiting and see how the"take up" is for the fights this year before deciding how much to offer next year. Don't forget it could take up to 4 years before pax return to 2019 levels.
I think it all depends on whether or not we have to endure a second wave of covid. If things start to look a lot better for next summer I think we'll see a decent recover. Maybe 2022/23 recovery to pre covid levels. If we have a second, or even third wave then we will be looking at longer. 24/25

Will the government enforced lockdown be as strict if there is a 2nd wave? Or 3rd wave? I suspect it will not.

The true test of the UK population and i suspect the world population is the anti bodies test. The true number that have had coronavirus. Whilst a scary figure it could be, it would be a true representation of who's had it. It also depends on the vaccine. All gone quiet on that front hasn't it. September is what i've heard.

Also depends how countries are fighting outbreaks. A number of localised outbreaks are i guess easy to deal with rather then a rapid spread through the population.

Let's hope Ryanair ( and the other airlines) recover quickly and I hope that some of the fools on Bournemouth beach are not the ones who are now rushing to places like Benidorm and Magalluf beaches. I agree with Sherburn Flyer, I think any lockdown will be very small and localised or they'll just rely on herd immunity and anyone who gets it, well that's collateral damage to save the economy.

If we have a 2nd or 3rd wave there will be very little travel industry left. It's decimated enough after 1 wave. The recovery doesn't then bear thinking about

I think that is right and I fear that may well happen.

The opening of air corridors has nothing to do with public health. It is all driven by an economic imperative and the reports in the press suggest that there has been a rush by Brits to book flights and holidays for what is left of this summer. I may be being my usual cautious self but it worries me. I think there will be consequences.

From what im seeing on the ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- Benidorm room people are just desperate to get out to spain with a massive surge in sept/oct and the winter period. Don't blame them, anything to get out of this country! its that fine line though between having an economy left and peoples lives! Saying that if we had no economy left it would affect peoples health anyway!

I think it would be prudent to consider if there were further covid-19 spikes and lockdown was reintroduced where that would leave the airline industry. I appreciate the need, where feasible, to get things going again but worry about the pace of it and whether the timing has been rushed for the sake of the economy.

I think it would be prudent to consider if there were further covid-19 spikes and lockdown was reintroduced where that would leave the airline industry. I appreciate the need, where feasible, to get things going again but worry about the pace of it and whether the timing has been rushed for the sake of the economy.
It's not just the economy though. It's thousands of businesses and people's ability to live, pay bills etc. and if lockdown had gone on longer it would have become much worse than it already is. That would create it's own health problems mainly mental.
Ultimately it's a risk assessment. If we stayed locked down longer, some lives might be saved but the impact across the country could become far worse with a much longer recovery period. It still wouldn't prevent a second wave if one comes.
Personally I think the Government are damned if they do and damned if they don't. I think they have done the right thing but sadly there are many people without enough brain cells to realise that crowding on to Bournemouth beach or having rave ups is likely to make things worse. Not sure we can blame the Government for people acting like idiots.

It's not just the economy though. It's thousands of businesses and people's ability to live, pay bills etc. and if lockdown had gone on longer it would have become much worse than it already is. That would create it's own health problems mainly mental.

I've been saying this for a number of months/weeks. And what point does the lockdown have a greater effect on the UK than COVID does its self?

Any second wave (likely to some extent) will be localised and like they are talking about with Leicester will shut down specific area's not the whole country.

The government can't win however I have no sympathy or respect for them seeing as they let the Cheltenham Festival go ahead and certainly made things worse by doing it.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock