whoshotjimmi

Nov 21, 2010
Leeds
My first original thread!

Does anyone know what loads have been like in the first week of ops for this airline? Also, what are the eventual expansion plans for the airline?

wow air said:
ABOUT US

WOW air is a new Icelandic company in the travel industry, offering attractive fares from Iceland to 13 destinations in Europe. The fleet consists of two Airbus A320 leased from Avion Express which has gained a good reputation in the airline industry. Our top priority is safety on board and we will guarantee professionally trained staff to meet all safety standards in the industry. All our fares include taxes and a baggage allowance of up to 20 kg for each passenger.

Our unique staff will also make your flight enjoyable and comfortable the WOW way. We serve healthy, Icelandic refreshments on board and offer various affordable items to purchase, promoting Icelandic goods and handcraft. Our goal is to fly you safely and on time, serving you with a smile.

We fear not the competition because WOW air guarantees your trip to be safe and comfortable, offering spacious aircraft for the long-legged, healthy nourishment for the health conscious and happy friendly staff for all passengers.

Therefore we believe your choice will be WOW.

See you in June 2012.

Visit the wow website to see more: http://wowair.com/en

I am surprised they have so much emphasis on 'safety' as opposed to value for money in their About Us which is more like a mission statement. European airlines have a very good track record for safety anyway so safety is generally regarded as something that is expected from the European airlines.

As for the future of the airline and future routes, it's difficult to say I guess. Most of the destinations featured so far are to large airports so I expect it will be some time before we see them operating into smaller regional airports.

A budget airline is offering insanely cheap transatlantic flights

image.php

wowair.co.uk

Wow have launched low cost flights between Europe and the US. Could this be signs of things to come. Ryanair have repeatedly said they intend to enter the low cost market between Europe and the US?

Wow have launched low cost flights between Europe and the US. Could this be signs of things to come. Ryanair have repeatedly said they intend to enter the low cost market between Europe and the US?

Interesting development. It'll be fascinating to see how this pans out and whether we are at the beginning of a low cost transatlantic revolution. We've been there before in a way with Freddie Laker but that was a different time when flying wasn't the everyday experience for most people that it is now.

I thought for a minute that Air Southwest had resurrected when I saw the word WOW.

That's exactly what I thought initially. The colour scheme and logo is almost the same too. I'm not complaining though because I always liked the WOW livery.

So far as their new venture goes, I hope it works for them. As far as I am concerned Transatlantic flights have been kept far too expensive for too long. Cheaper flights to the states could also open up regional flights to the US instead of the reliance on hub airports.

Cheaper flights to the states could also open up regional flights to the US instead of the reliance on hub airports.

I would think that if the idea became a real success then regional flights to UK airports would be extremely likely.

This airline is making flights to Europe as cheap as $99

image.php

wowair.co.uk

I see WOW Air are making the headlines again, this time in the Washington Post in the States which claims the airline is offering flights to Europe for as little as $99. The airline is creating a stir in the aviation community if nothing else. I wonder if Ryanair are taking note given their promise of new low cost travel across the pond?

WOW air to suspend five US routes
WOW air made the following changes to Reykjavik–US service, according to a 16-Oct-2018 GDS inventory and timetable display:

Cincinnati: Four times weekly service to be discontinued from 26-Oct-2018;
Cleveland: Three times weekly service to be discontinued from 25-Oct-2018;
Dallas/Fort Worth: Three times weekly service to be discontinued from 26-Oct-2018;
New York JFK: Daily service to be discontinued from 26-Oct-2018;
St Louis: Three times weekly service to be discontinued from 06-Jan-2019.
For all routes, WOW air does not plan to resume seasonal service in 2019.

WOW Air will fly to Dallas Fort Worth starting from 18th May 3 weekly.
https://www.dallasnews.com/business...wow-air-brings-cheap-europe-fares-dfw-airport
Dallas/Fort Worth: Three times weekly service to be discontinued from 26-Oct-2018

At least Flybe aren't the only airline to have one season wonders...

Is Wow air having trouble at the moment?

I know this isn't the BHX thread, but I think any hopes of them serving BHX are now gone...

Aren't these just winter cuts? TLV is supposed to be being restarted. They do seem to be struggling, but if it means it gets them through Winter, it's not surprising. I wouldn't hit the last nail in just yet.

I'm surprised they cut JFK!

EWR is their big market. It's difficult for an Airline like WOW to keep costs low at Airports like NYC and also get the slots they need to meet their bank of flights and connections.

Just read elsewhere that CLE and STL are being ended, WOW confirmed they didn't perform well enough this year. They are smaller markets, hopefully WW can refocus on other routes. EWR is being upgraded to the A330 from A321, probably on the back on JFK going.
WW's ceo is reported to have said this week that they will focus on increased frequencies to current destinations, with 1 or 2 new routes. They are also breaking into Asia by flying to India.

Another blow for passengers with the continuation of consolidation leading to reduced competition often leading to increased fares!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock