When 09 is the landing runway they do the turn over Weston for the localiser.
I can only speak from my experience as a passenger who has flown into BRS on 09 on many occasions from various parts of the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe. Rather than go off at half ***Please Read Forum Terms of Service*** with an explanation I'm not qualified to give I'll leave the detailed reply to someone who is qualified. I know we have members who are professional aviation staff at BRS - both flight deck and ATCO.

Saturday 29th June 2019
Couple of interesting movements today:

- Todays BH Air flight to BOJ is being operated by a Georgian company - MyWay Airlines.
The flight is being operated by a B737-800 registered 4L-MWA which spends it's week operating out of Tblisi, Georgia and operated last weekend and this weekend for BH Air (last weekend it operated to MAN), so pretty unusual round these parts!

- No doubt visiting for Glastonbury, a KlasJet (Lithuanian Charter Company) B737-500 LY-KLJ arrives from Stockholm Arlanda this afternoon.

Friday 28 June 2019

BRS website showed a PAV flight code to Copenhagen last night. I had seen what looked like a small white T-tail jet flying outbound near my house around 9pm. I later checked and found that PAV relates to ProAir Aviation, a German company that apparently possesses a couple of CRJ-200 series aircraft.

Saturday 29th June 2019

B737-700(QC) - N737AT operated by Hillwood Airways (Texas, USA) is due in from Odense, Denmark at around 2pm this afternoon. Looks like a private charter aircraft with a cargo door! Again, assuming it has something to do with Glastonbury.

Out of sheer curiosity I checked the number of departures today which numbered 102 (Airbus and BAE corporate shuttles not included). Had flybmi still been operating there would have been another 12-14. Tuesday is not usually the busiest day of the week but the breakdown by airline was as follows:

easyJet 55
Ryanair 20
TUI 9
Thomas Cook 6
KLM Cityhopper 4
Aer Lingus Regional 3
Air Malta 1
Loganair 1
Wizz Air 1
Aurigny 1
Blue Islands/Flybe 1

The list clearly shows the dominance of easyJet.

Any one have any idea what aircraft type and what it was doing in BRS yesterday the 13th. It arrived from the states and wondered where it departed to.

Thanks for that Ice-tongs. With a few on here work at the airport I am surprised they not been all over this one as a unusual visitor.

Could be something interesting tomorrow & might stay for a few days, keep your eyes peeled.

Just a thought , it wouldn’t happen to be a a321 by any chance as there’s been no publicity whatsoever about the fact there will be 2 based next month ?

Just a thought , it wouldn’t happen to be a a321 by any chance as there’s been no publicity whatsoever about the fact there will be 2 based next month ?
Something a bit more exotic, you won't miss it if it turns up.

There are only 38x B767-400 in the world, 21x with Delta, 16x with United and 1x VIP aircraft with Bahrain Royal Flight.

The Bahrain Royal Flight aircraft is registered A9C-HMH and is a regular visitor to STN (it is there currently). The Royal Flight's fleet also includes 2x B747-400s and a BBJ. Hopefully we will see this visitor at BRS soon!

There are only 38x B767-400 in the world, 21x with Delta, 16x with United and 1x VIP aircraft with Bahrain Royal Flight.

The Bahrain Royal Flight aircraft is registered A9C-HMH and is a regular visitor to STN (it is there currently). The Royal Flight's fleet also includes 2x B747-400s and a BBJ. Hopefully we will see this visitor at BRS soon!
Interesting! I wonder why it was planned for BRS? As I couldn't see why a United or Delta one would visit?

You'd be surprised where these and other "Royal Flights" from certain areas of the world travel to, and more importantly how often!
This will not be a head of state for a visit, usually quite the opposite!

You'd be surprised where these and other "Royal Flights" from certain areas of the world travel to, and more importantly how often!
This will not be a head of state for a visit, usually quite the opposite!
I can appreciate why NOSIGWX was understandably cautious about revealing too much detail prior to the event if indeed it was a Bahrain Royal Flight aircraft pencilled in to visit.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock