Advertisement

Flybe

Advertisement

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
That's interesting! Mesa Air aren't small 145 aircraft with CRJ700 and 900 that it operates under American and E175s it operates under United.

BHX492

Jul 25, 2017
Bedworth
Not sure how true it is but apparently as soon as the stock market opens tomorrow. Flybe will be making an announcement say that the airline has been sold to connect and have took power of it

Coathanger16

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2016
Solihull

BHX492

Jul 25, 2017
Bedworth
Last edited:

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
So will the airline continue to trade as Flybe or under the new name of Connect Airways?
Flybe for now at least. I'd have thought Connect will be the holding company similar to IAG

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
So Flybe will change it's name too Virgin Connect? Sad to see the Flybe name go:(
I agree it will be sad to see the Flybe brand go but sadly too many customers associate it with a failing airline suffering from delays. Customers will associate Virgin Connect with Virgin Atlantic so customer expectations will be high. The new company will be able to give the airline a truly new lease of life and hopefully with new branding, livery and customer experience that is the same throughout.

louis_walton

Oct 10, 2018
Farsley
I agree it will be sad to see the Flybe brand go but sadly too many customers associate it with a failing airline suffering from delays. Customers will associate Virgin Connect with Virgin Atlantic so customer expectations will be high. The new company will be able to give the airline a truly new lease of life and hopefully with new branding, livery and customer experience that is the same throughout.
100% agree with that! So many Flybe routes are business routes but so many business users associate them with cancellation.

BlueManc

Nov 7, 2017
Manchester
Shareholder revolt averted. Not surprising as they were given 2 options (a) agree (b) wind up the company with immediate effect!

Results of the Court Meeting and the General Meeting
Flybe Group plc ("Flybe" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that at the Court Meeting and the General Meeting held earlier today in connection with the recommended cash offer for Flybe by Connect Airways Limited ("Connect Airways"), under which Connect Airways will acquire the entire issued and to be issued share capital of Flybe (the "Acquisition") to be effected by means of a Court sanctioned scheme of arrangement under section 899 of the Companies Act 2006 (the "Scheme"):

Advertisement

Top Bottom