Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir richard branson to visit exeter airport soon.on local tv last night the ceo of flybe said the future of exeter hq, main is now down to shareholders. She does not no any plans to change things at the moment, or plans for future. But sir richard has spoken to all staff and he said he will be comeing to exeter to see for himself what flybe are doing.

Sir richard branson to visit exeter airport soon.on local tv last night the ceo of flybe said the future of exeter hq, main is now down to shareholders. She does not no any plans to change things at the moment, or plans for future. But sir richard has spoken to all staff and he said he will be comeing to exeter to see for himself what flybe are doing.

Branson......Oh how nice..So he`s taken time off from his tax exile in the Caribbean to visit Exeter....He actually owns just a bit less than 20% of Virgin Atlantic and is now just a PR spiv who they wheel in when required...Sorry but I personally find him a loathsome creature

As with any takeover, until the accounts have been fully analysed by the new owners and decisions made based on those results, don't expect any announcements to be made quickly. Speaking from past experience elsewhere - not a comforting thought for the staff, but unfortunately there you go....

Rumours are going around that Flybe are to place an order for the Airbus A220 :unsure:
Would suit them. I do wonder if as an airline they may want to immitate Air Baltic and convert their fleet to just the one type.

What ive heard that is flybe want to start man- heathrow and man to gatwick so A220 s. Understand 4x dailey . Dont think they will be doing the sun routes much longer with talk exeter and norwich airports doing a deal with ryanair to take over the sun routes next year.

What ive heard that is flybe want to start man- heathrow and man to gatwick so A220 s. Understand 4x dailey . Dont think they will be doing the sun routes much longer with talk exeter and norwich airports doing a deal with ryanair to take over the sun routes next year.
Any news on the rebrand?

I'm interested to see whether Virgin will create a new brand or just make them Virgin Atlantic.

MAN-LHR I can see the point of as it mimics BAs network but will VS get enough transfer traffic not to mention diluting their MAN offerings.
Gatwick I don't see the point of as VS network is only sun routes and would just point 2 point work?

MAN-LHR I can see the point of as it mimics BAs network but will VS get enough transfer traffic not to mention diluting their MAN offerings.

They already did MAN-LHR before with Little Red and it was a very bad failure.

Dash 8 would be about right size aircraft but I don`t think they have any more slots available

BBC reports that at least 24 cancelations across the network today possibly down to crewing issues.

What ive been told by flybe staff. Exeter will loose its ejet so flights to alic, malaga, faro, palma going .noboddys sure about norwich as this ops by ejet, its under a pso with goverment money, and this could be ops by dash8. . Other routes from exeter are being looked at , ive been told london city may go to.??. As for cardiff and doncaster the ejets are going to bir, man. The ejet at southampton my go to. Flights from cardiff and don , some of them, will be ops with non based dash 8, so some routes will stay. All other bases are under review with cuts due there to, i understand the new plan is to get ride of all ejets and keep ops on dash8 in future.. Intrestly an undisclosed customer placed an order for 6 dash8 plus options , maybe flybe what more to replace the ejets..

Stop press!! the ceo was just interviewed on bbc spotlight, saying the sun routes are going from exeter and other airports. The company are cutting bases and cost and replacing jets with props . She seem to be partly blaming exeter airport for the sun routes stoping, but did say it was reviewing its jet ops. That would seem to me that exeter airport have a long term deal with ryanair , it wont be long before the sun routes are being flown by ryanair. On tv last night the boss of exeter airport said we are talking to other carriers about new or existing routes from exeter with 2 new dapt, arrivel lounges being built costing over£1 million. So they must be expecting more flights.

On itv sw ceo says the company will future its flying on the dash8. With the e195 jets being returned to wners by end of oct. Other jets will be moved around and cardiff and doncaster will be non based dash routes only. Looks like no more flights from norwich to.only eastern ops for flybe. So exeter to norwich done or pos dash route or op by eastern

The flybe statement only says about their plans for exeter, cardiff, doncaster, norwich. Their must be more to come ie southampton sun routes, big changes else where

On itv sw ceo says the company will future its flying on the dash8. With the e195 jets being returned to wners by end of oct. Other jets will be moved around and cardiff and doncaster will be non based dash routes only. Looks like no more flights from norwich to.only eastern ops for flybe. So exeter to norwich done or pos dash route or op by eastern

Even before the Virgin takeover Flybe were planning on retiring the E195's but keeping the E175.

Shame that Flybe's smaller bases look to be loosing their sun routes, but hardly comes as a surprise. The longer sun routes were always a small part of Flybe's network. Hopefully Ryanair will be able to pick up the slack at the likes of Exeter and Cardiff.

My thoughts that I have written below are based on my interest in airline operation over the last 50 years, watching airlines come and go, some after a short time and some much longer.

Flybe managed to get a deal to save the airline, but people must be naive to think that they would only drop a few routes. The reason Flybe was in such a mess is mainly of their own making in decisions taken over the last 10 years. Look at the latest decision to "rebrand" which meant that they had aircraft flying around in 3 different colour schemes. I am not a marketing person, but can't see any sense in that as they should have been ensuring flights were operated as per timetable and customers were treated as "important guests".
The bases opened at CWL/DSA were there to find a use for the EMB195's that were on expensive lease contracts and there was always the possibility that they would end when the leases were up. It appears that they are going back to the lease company so the EMB175 was going to be rationalised to operate from MAN/BHX, not being "spread out" among 6 airports. This is better for reliable operations and flexibility for those airports.
The one thing that is not within Flybe's control (and any other airline), is the economic climate around the world and the indecision caused by our desire to leave the EU which appears to carry on for a while yet. No one outside the Connect Airways group know what the overall plan is, but I expect it is to get costs under control and, hopefully improve the customer service so that will continue to book Flybe. After that ... who knows?
As many people have said, the travelling public need Flybe to survive and prosper as there is no other airline that can service our Domestic and European routes from the Regional airports. If they fail, the Regional airports will be left with the "Bucket & Spade" routes.

Don't forget, airlines will only survive if they make a profit.

:):):):):):):)

As many people have said, the travelling public need Flybe to survive and prosper as there is no other airline that can service our Domestic and European routes from the Regional airports. If they fail, the Regional airports will be left with the "Bucket & Spade" routes.
But if they then withdraw from the regional airports that need them the most then what is the point of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock