Status
Not open for further replies.

The new Cyrus-backed flybe. missed out on its target to launch operations this summer as the British government confirmed an earlier decision of the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) revoking the old flybe.’s operating licence (OL) and preventing its successor from gaining access to its lucrative legacy London Heathrow slots. Those slots have been handed temporarily to British Airways.

However, Pflieger said his team would soon “launch a new, better, and stronger company that will build on a respected and well-known brand, create valuable industry jobs” and again “connect regions and communities across the UK.”

Some Flybe destinations seem to be on their website currently. They include Leeds/Bradford, Manchester, Southampton, Toulon, London Heathrow, Newcastle, Inverness, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Edinburgh, East Midlands, Brest, Avignon and Amsterdam. Aswell as the 2 bases at Birmingham and Belfast City.

Copied from the Birmingham/Flybe thread

Flybe have announced big cancellations with cutbacks on frequencies and some routes culled. Official website statement indicates late delivery of aircraft as the cause. Some of their prices on routes such as Edinburgh and Glasgow are ridiculous

and

Flybe letter in full

To our valued customers,

Firstly, please accept my unreserved apologies for the rescheduling or cancellation of your flight.

You’ll be wondering, I’m sure, why this has happened, so please let me try and explain.

As you may know, it’s been 83 days since our first flybe flight took to the skies from Birmingham and Belfast, and today we now fly customers to destinations from East Midlands, Leeds-Bradford, Glasgow, Edinburgh, London-Heathrow, and Amsterdam.

We were planning to increase flights to existing cities and new destinations such as Aberdeen, Inverness, Newcastle, and Southampton. However, the two aircraft leasing companies who were contracted to provide our additional airplanes have now told us that they will be unable to fulfil their commitments until after the summer.

We were able to find and rent aircraft from two separate airlines in Greece and Spain, but those planes are not enough, and the lack of additional aircraft needed for new flying means we need to adjust our future flight schedule.

As a result, today we are reducing our planned increase in flying for the period of 28 July until 29 October. This new schedule will be fully supported by the aircraft we do have available, and we will still introduce more flights later this year -- after we receive our delayed aircraft.

This is not a decision that I have taken lightly, and as you would expect we are in daily conversations with all involved to see if anything might change that would allow us to resume our original plans at an earlier date.

That said, given the current facts, I believe it is essential that we take action now to ensure you have enough time to change your travel plans, be reaccommodated on a different flight or, if that is not desired, obtain a full refund.

We know that time is of the essence, and we want to ensure you can adjust your plans as soon as possible. To assist with your efforts and enable you to quickly choose whichever option is best for you, we have added some new functionality to our flybe.com website that will enable you to change your reservation or request a refund at your convenience. If, for any reason, you are unable to find a suitable alternative or request a refund, we would ask that you email us at [email protected] for further assistance.

Please be aware that it might take us longer than normal to get back to you because of this difficult situation, but rest assured we will respond to every enquiry we receive.

In closing, I want to apologise again to anyone who may be affected by this announcement; thank everyone who has flown on us to date; and renew our commitment to do everything possible to keep improving our company and keep you informed as we grow and serve you and your communities.

On behalf of our entire team at flybe, thank you again for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.

With my very best regards,

Dave Pflieger

CEO

Kevin

According to Sean M on Twitter flybe has withdrawn its Manchester to Belfast City service with effect from 13th August 2022.

There's been an ongoing discussion on another forum claiming Flybe are suspending all flights from BHX to Glasgow and Edinburgh from the end of October for four weeks due them starting new routes involving BHD, IOM, NQY and LHR. Reasons given are shortage of aircraft, the ATR at BHX at its end of lease and possibly the most important reason to protect the LHR slots as its suggested Flybe's end game is to eventually be able to sell them.

I have looked on the Flybe booking system and it does indeed show no flights available for most of November to Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Can any of our in the know members shed some light or is it just a rumour however the website definitely shows a four week halt in flights and will have EasyJet rubbing their hands.

Relevant to specifically to I.O.M. but I am concerned about Flybes management. You would have thought they would have learned by now not to commit to new services until they definitely have the equipment to operate them.

You would have thought they would have learned by now not to commit to new services until they definitely have the equipment to operate them.

Problem with waiting for the aircraft before committing to a new service is that you'll inevitably end up with an aircraft sat around not earning you any money.

If a manufacturer/leasing company promises an aircraft on a particular date, what reason would you have for not believing they will honour that commitment.

Problem with waiting for the aircraft before committing to a new service is that you'll inevitably end up with an aircraft sat around not earning you any money.

If a manufacturer/leasing company promises an aircraft on a particular date, what reason would you have for not believing they will honour that commitment.
Well given their recent past experience with aircraft not being delivered on time I would have thought they would have been super cautious. As the article states they now have to pay compensation to those who have booked.

Or perhaps the leasing company are paying it ???

If not paying directly, at least paying some level of compensation to Flybe so Flybe aren't out of pocket.

Well given their recent past experience with aircraft not being delivered on time I would have thought they would have been super cautious. As the article states they now have to pay compensation to those who have booked.

As mentioned, the leasing company will likely be paying some level of compensation to Flybe for breach of contract. The article doesn't say how many flights or for how long the launch has been delayed, so if the compensation from the leasing company is greater than the compensation Flybe must pay to the passengers, financially Flybe are probably better off doing what they have done rather than pay to have an aircraft sat around doing nothing.

Arguably the more important cost is the cost to Flybe's PR. In the case of IOM, there are other carriers that fly to LHR and Belfast, so passengers affected may look to other airlines in the future rather than Flybe.

Flybe fleet update

Current in service Dash 8-Q400 List

G-ECOE
G-ECOR
G-EXTA (ex LOT SP-EQH)
G-EXTB (ex LOT SP-EQD)
G-FLBA
G-JECX
G-JECY

Dash 8-Q400's on order due to enter service at some point soon.

G-ECOP
G-EXTD (Ex Eurowings D-ABQK)
G-FLBB ((At Exeter for pre delivery maintenance)
G-JECL
G-JECP (At Exeter for pre delivery maintenance)
G-JECR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock