Turkish Airlines to do double daily to Istanbul from summer 2019

Turkish Airlines has announced double daily services between Birmingham and Istanbul for Summer 2019. The launch of the second service will give passengers greater choice and flexibility with two daily flights.

tk_e5c2277-no-exp-jpg-resized.jpg

The first service each day will leave Birmingham Airport at 10.40 arriving in to Istanbul at 16.35 local time, with the second flight departing at 17.00 from Birmingham Airport and arriving in to Istanbul at 22.55 local time. The flights will be operated by a 737-800, ensuring that even more passengers will be able to take advantage of the non-stop connection to Istanbul from Birmingham.

Responding to the growing passenger traffic Turkish Airlines will launch the second daily flight on the popular route as of 31 March 2019, bringing the airline to a twice daily service.

Tom Screen, Acting Aviation Director, Birmingham Airport said: “It is great to see that Turkish Airlines will commence the double daily flights for Summer 2019. Responding to the increased demand for passengers flying to Istanbul from Birmingham Airport means the airline is listening and reacting to the needs of the customer, creating more flexibility for passengers travelling on the popular route.”

Mr Omer Faruk Alier, General Manager – Birmingham, Turkish Airlines, added: “We are pleased to announce that due to the popularity of the route we will be adding extra two flights per week, making a total of 14 flights each week from Birmingham to our hub in Istanbul and beyond from summer 2019. Turkish Airlines, a multi award winning carrier who flies to more countries than any other airline, will be offering customers better connections from Istanbul to over 300 destinations across the globe. What’s more, thanks to our ever-expanding network, with hundreds of flights departing Istanbul each day, we offer transfer times to suit all travellers.

“We look forward to welcoming even more people from across Birmingham and the surrounding regions onboard our planes and giving everyone a further opportunity to widen their world with Turkish Airlines through this increase.”

It was inevitable and great news. Tide has turned. Heading east is the future. Only trouble is the Dubai amd Istanbul hubs will lessen the capacity for direct flights. But great news.

Turkish Airlines to do double daily to Istanbul from summer 2019

Turkish Airlines has announced double daily services between Birmingham and Istanbul for Summer 2019. The launch of the second service will give passengers greater choice and flexibility with two daily flights.

tk_e5c2277-no-exp-jpg-resized.jpg

The first service each day will leave Birmingham Airport at 10.40 arriving in to Istanbul at 16.35 local time, with the second flight departing at 17.00 from Birmingham Airport and arriving in to Istanbul at 22.55 local time. The flights will be operated by a 737-800, ensuring that even more passengers will be able to take advantage of the non-stop connection to Istanbul from Birmingham.

Responding to the growing passenger traffic Turkish Airlines will launch the second daily flight on the popular route as of 31 March 2019, bringing the airline to a twice daily service.

Reading this first part of the post, gives the impression that Turkish Airlines are adding a new second daily service to BHX. In truth, they are adding an extra 2 flights per week to the already 12 x weekly service (I'm sure it has been 14 x weekly in the past).
Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted to see the route go double daily, but the advertising spin is a little off the mark.
As for the aircraft type being a B737-800, this has never been fixed. B737-800's/900's, A320's, A321's and even A330's have been used previously. I believe that BHX is also due the inaugural flight of Turkish Airlines B737 MAX.

Still, great news for BHX.

Kevin

Reading this first part of the post, gives the impression that Turkish Airlines are adding a new second daily service to BHX. In truth, they are adding an extra 2 flights per week to the already 12 x weekly service (I'm sure it has been 14 x weekly in the past).
Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted to see the route go double daily, but the advertising spin is a little off the mark.
As for the aircraft type being a B737-800, this has never been fixed. B737-800's/900's, A320's, A321's and even A330's have been used previously. I believe that BHX is also due the inaugural flight of Turkish Airlines B737 MAX.

Still, great news for BHX.

Kevin

Yes I agree Kevin and as I have mentioned on the routes development thread, it was the first piece of news on BBC Midlands today at 06.30am this morning. As you say a little over the top.

As Jerry mentioned yesterday no doubt BHX want to get back on track after the Primera nightmare and who can blame them so im not going to be too harsh on the BHX spin machine on this occasion.

It also means that the BHX website has also been updated and I must say they have been getting better recently.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock