Birmingham Airport - General Thread

Kevin Farnell

May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
Can it be possible that Elmdon is being left to become derelict? A waste of a historical asset that should be used is something the BBC , cough splutter, might consider newsworthy!
It's now a listed building (Grade II I believe) and therefore the owners should have an obligation to it's upkeep.

Kevin

IanFarquharson

Jul 23, 2015
Balsall Common
bhxmovements..co.uk
BHX will have a dedicated Red List Terminal from next Tuesday so along with its Red List Hotels we should see various flights heading to BHX, the first of which is in the system !
Have I missed something, as I thought BHX was always a red list airport. The only difference now being the designated terminal space?

Hence a follow up question, why are the ‘special movements’ only just starting?

Llandudno

Feb 3, 2019
Llandudno
BHX will have a dedicated Red List Terminal from next Tuesday so along with its Red List Hotels we should see various flights heading to BHX, the first of which is in the system !
But it doesn’t change the demographic that BHX has been red list all the way through and wasn’t stopping any airline operating these flights anyway.

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham

With the quarantine hotels around BHX currently full, even with another recently made available, I wonder if anymore are about to come online.

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
In a statement the Department for Transport said “as part of a limited trial, from June 8, direct flights will be permitted to England from countries on the ‘red list’ that were previously subject to flight bans, so long as they arrive at dedicated terminals at Heathrow and Birmingham airports”.

“The requirement for these direct flights to arrive at dedicated facilities will help keep more red list passengers separate from others, helping to ensure they are processed as safely and efficiently as possible and then travel straight to their managed quarantine hotel and reduce queues at the border.”

Full article, including comments from Nick Barton, on the link above.

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
So from tomorrow the subset of red list countries which also have an inbound passenger travel ban can operate passenger flights in to the UK but only when coming in to LHR and BHX - other airports including LGW, LCY, and BRS can accept red list but not from the smaller list of countries also having a inbound direct passenger ban.

Countries on this list are Argentina, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Brazil, Cape Verde, Chile, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Kenya, The Maldives, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar; South Africa, Sri Lanka, Turkey, United Arab Emirates.

MAN was never on the list to accept any red list passengers since the scheme started a few months ago.

Ash

Premium Member+
Subscriber
Oct 14, 2012
Europe
Just had an interesting job ad pop up on my Linkedin feed published 2 days ago....

Cabin Crew Training Manager - Airline
Our Airline client is a new UK airline brand relaunching shortly at Birmingham Airport. They urgently require a forward-thinking and permanent Cabin Crew Training Manager to work closely with the Head of Training and assist with delivery oversight of crew welfare and performance delivery during training. This is an ideal opportunity to take a ‘blank canvas’ and support the creation of the whole cabin crew training strategy and operational delivery plan.

Looking for immediate interviews. Any guesses?

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
There are reports on another forum that an earlier job advert did indeed state Flybe but has since been removed and replaced with one saying 'new UK airline'.

I didn't see the original release so cannot comment on whether that is true.

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
With the news this morning that Stobart have ceased trading there certainly is a big gap in the market now to Belfast, Cork, Shannon and possibly even Knock.

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
I think it is vaguely more possible now under the new leadership. Under the previous management I suspect if you ever proposed operating from the regions to somewhere other than LHR/LCY/LGW you were taken out the back and shot. But over the last year we have seen BA use mainline aircraft from MAN and NCL to go to Portugal.

I still think BA operating intra UK flights not to LON is perhaps a step too far though - I am not actually convinced these routes are money spinners especially when being operated with BA mainline jets and crews when compared to operating with an ATR and much cheaper Stobart crews.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.