Airport firm acquisition sees change at Birmingham Airport
upload_2018-4-6_8-39-23.png

Menzies Aviation has acquired de-icing Airline Services, giving it a presence at Birmingham Airport for the first time.

£35m-turnover Airline Services provides de-icing and aircraft presentation services to over 60 airlines at 12 UK airports, together with ground handling operations at London Gatwick.

The acquired trade and assets takes will take Menzies into four new UK airport locations – Liverpool, Newcastle, Birmingham and Exeter.

Forsyth Black, managing director of Menzies Aviation said: “This is a significant addition to our UK business and is line with our strategy to offer the deepest portfolio of products to our airline customers.

“The deal strengthens our market position in the UK, extends our product offering and takes us into new airports where we can now offer the full suite of Menzies services and continue to grow our business.”

Established for more than 30 years, Airline Services operates in 12 UK airports to over 60 airlines, together with ground handling operations at London Gatwick.

As part of the deal, Menzies Aviation will take on 900 new employees including Nigel Daniel, managing director of Airline Services, who will take up a leadership position on Menzies’ regional team.

Andy Lord, Menzies Aviation’s Executive Vice President – EMEA, said: “This acquisition has sound strategic logic and is a significant addition to our UK service offering.

“Adding Airline Services to our existing network gives us the opportunity to share facilities and expertise which will enable us to become even more competitive, I am also excited to be taking the Menzies brand and suite of services into 4 new airport locations.

“The Menzies Aviation team are eager to bring excellence, from touchdown to takeoff, to our newly expanded customer base.”

Sadly slot more to come. The government did the right thing in furloughing. But it has to end and the easing back to the companies having to pay more for effectively laid off staff would always result in job losses.

Good news, as just stated by Robert Preston is that the UK debt v GDP is lower than the G7 countries, so the government will still be able to borrow our way out of this.

Plus, Imperial College are confident that they have found the vaccine with incredibly quick production...so fingers crossed.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock