Spain has apparently just lifted it's UK tourist ban stating that visitors will now be allowed this summer but tourists will have to follow local Covid restrictions.

sorry, i am still not clear what you have read? could you actually link to what you read that said Spain just lifted it's UK tourist ban?

sorry, i am still not clear what you have read? could you actually link to what you read that said Spain just lifted it's UK tourist ban?
I read it on a Spanish news site earlier today on my mobile phone. I can't find the specific article now I'm on the laptop sorry.

The news article I read quoted a Spanish politician saying although the restrictions were being lifted, British tourists would still have to abide by local restrictions.

Ah ok.

Well it is certainly the case UK tourists can't enter until at least the end of April. As to what happens after that, I think we would have to wait and see and whether there are conditions like vaccines.

Just to be clear, the report was from the Spanish end and notwithstanding what the UK government decides to do.

Just to be clear, the report was from the Spanish end and notwithstanding what the UK government decides to do.

Thanks, yes from the Spanish end as a UK passport holder you can't currently enter Spain as a tourist until end of April at the earliest. I think what happens from May in terms of whether the Spanish will relax this will depend on the infection rates and vaccination progress there.

The BBC has just decided to report the above in a "Breaking News" release. You heard it here first.

Turkish travel advise from the foriegn office has been updates over the last couple of days.

Terrorists are very likely to try to carry out attacks in Turkey. Terrorist groups, including PKK, Daesh (formerly referred to as ISIL) and far left organisations, continue to plan and carry out attacks. Further attacks could be indiscriminate. Most attacks have taken place in the south-east of the country, and in Ankara and Istanbul. There is a potential that citizens from western countries may be targets or caught up in attacks, particularly in the major cities.

There is currently a heightened threat of terrorist attacks against churches, synagogues, Embassies/Consulates and other places frequented by Westerners in Istanbul. The British Consulate General in Istanbul is currently not open to the public as a precaution. The Turkish authorities are investigating. You should exercise caution and follow the advice of local security authorities, monitor media reports and keep up to date with this travel advice. See Terrorism

If you require consular assistance in Istanbul, you should call our 24-hour helpline on +90 212 334 64 00 and select the option for “consular services for British nationals,” or send an enquiry via the web contact form.

Turkish travel advise from the foriegn office has been updates over the last couple of days.

Terrorists are very likely to try to carry out attacks in Turkey. Terrorist groups, including PKK, Daesh (formerly referred to as ISIL) and far left organisations, continue to plan and carry out attacks. Further attacks could be indiscriminate. Most attacks have taken place in the south-east of the country, and in Ankara and Istanbul. There is a potential that citizens from western countries may be targets or caught up in attacks, particularly in the major cities.

There is currently a heightened threat of terrorist attacks against churches, synagogues, Embassies/Consulates and other places frequented by Westerners in Istanbul. The British Consulate General in Istanbul is currently not open to the public as a precaution. The Turkish authorities are investigating. You should exercise caution and follow the advice of local security authorities, monitor media reports and keep up to date with this travel advice. See Terrorism

If you require consular assistance in Istanbul, you should call our 24-hour helpline on +90 212 334 64 00 and select the option for “consular services for British nationals,” or send an enquiry via the web contact form.

Last thing they need is an attack.in a beach resort, then it's Tunisia all over again.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock