Dublin Airport (DUB)

Advertisement

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #84
Bit of a odd route? And hardly any lead in time? Not sure how sustainable all these random two/three weekly routes Hainan keep launching will be in the long term.
There target will be Chinese tourists. It's possible that the flight may be backed by a tour company?

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #86
Its also interesting that they have totally bypassed the UK. Mmmmmmmm i wonder why ??;)
Probably because they may not have the rights to this route. Shenzhen Airlines already operate LHR so that would then leave other airports and with China it's quite possible that Hainan may not have the rights for MAN or EDI or were lobbied specifically to operate Dublin by the local authority or touring company. I'm pretty sure it won't be down to Brexit!

thunderchild

Platinum Member
Aug 29, 2013
Lichfield
There target will be Chinese tourists. It's possible that the flight may be backed by a tour company?
Maybe, but considering Hainan only operate Dublin a few times a week via Edinburgh I find it quite strange they are launching a direct flight to a secondary city with a only few weeks lead in. Surely making DUB-PEK direct would make more sense? I do find Hainan’s business model quite strange - perhaps that’s why they’re reportedly bleeding so much money?

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #88
Maybe, but considering Hainan only operate Dublin a few times a week via Edinburgh I find it quite strange they are launching a direct flight to a secondary city with a only few weeks lead in. Surely making DUB-PEK direct would make more sense? I do find Hainan’s business model quite strange - perhaps that’s why they’re reportedly bleeding so much money?
From little i know of Chinese aviation it's all to do with rights and local politics. Which can make decisions mystifying at times.

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #89
Apparently Stobart Air will operate 8 flights a day (I'm assuming 4 rotations) to Amsterdam on behalf of KLM with an E195.

Advertisement

Top Bottom