Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
Shannon Airport Thread

image.php

SAIfly DC-8-60 landing at Shannon 25.10.2011 by IL76MAN hosted on Forums4airports.com

image.php

Nordwind B767 seen at Shannon on a fuel stop 11.11.11 by IL76MAN hosted on Forums4airports.com

Some super photo shots by IL76MAN taken at Shannon Airport.

I didn't think Shannon picked up many fuel stop aircraft these days but I must be wrong.

Re: Shannon Airport - General Thread

Shannon still gets plenty of fuel stops, particularly quasi military and biz jets flights. The SAIfly DC-8 was a military charter (Ssch)

• Admin

Thanks IL76MAN

I understand Shannon was a big fuel stopping point back in the 60's, 70's and 80's in particular but I thought this kind of traffic had almost stopped these days. It's nice to see some variation many other airports in Ireland and the UK don't seem to have these days.

Shannon also gets a lot of aircraft visiting on return from lease and preparation for other airlines so there can be some very unusual visitors there. Shannon Aerospace and Eirtech are the two main players. Transaero have also recently opened a maintenance facility there and so far have worked on B737s and B777s. It is now almost certain that Transaero will transit through Shannon from early next year on it's flights from Moscow to Miami.

I'll post some shots of maintenance visitors later to-day in the Shannon gallery

• Admin

image.php

El Al B737-800 at Shannon April 2012 after maintenance by IL76MAN, hosted on Forums4airports.com

image.php

UT Air B757 awaitng delivery at Shannon April 2012 by IL76MAN, hosted on Forums4airports.com

image.php

Shannon Airport 2011 480 A320 Spanair SE-RJF by IL76MAN, hosted on Forums4airports.com

image.php

Avia Nova A320s at Shannon November 2011 EI-EEL, by IL76MAN hosted on Forums4airports.com

image.php

Ural Airlines A321 at Shannon November 2011 by IL76MAN, hosted on Forums4airports.com

More great shots uploaded to the gallery by IL76MAN, thanks once again for sharing them with us. :pleasantry:

• Admin

More great shots by IL76MAN...

image.php

Armavia A319 at Shannon October 2011 by IL76MAN, hosted on Forums4airports.com

image.php

Sky Express(Russia) B737-500 at Shannon by IL76MAN, hosted on Forums4airports.com

View more of IL76MAN's photos in the gallery

[textarea]Plans for Shannon split could be ready this week

The Government could announce final details of its plans to split Shannon Airport from the Dublin Airport Authority as early as this week.

Cabinet ministers yesterday discussed a report prepared by a steering committee established earlier this year to coordinate two task forces examining the plans to restructure Shannon Airport and Shannon Development.

Transport Minister Leo Varadkar and Enterprise Minister Richard Bruton established the committee and task forces in June after announcing in May that they intended to separate Shannon Airport from the Dublin Airport Authority (DAA) structure.

Full Story: http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 08905.html[/textarea]

• Admin

Here's some more great pictures uploaded to the Shannon Photo Gallery by IL76MAN.

image.php

SA Express DHC-8 by IL76MAN hosted on Forums4airports.com

image.php

Thomson B757 G-CPEP by IL76MAN hosted by Forums4airports.com

image.php

A320 Yamal Airlines by IL76MAN hosted by Forums4airports.com

image.php

Ex Air Jamaica A320 N331BV by IL76MAN hosted on Forums4airports.com

image.php

Hamburg Intl DE A319 D-AHIK by IL76MAN hosted by Forums4airports.com

image.php

Turkuaz A321 N811LF by IL76MAN hosted on Forums4airports.com

Visit our Shannon Airport Photo Gallery to view more great photos by IL76MAN.

• Admin

News Guru said:
[textarea]Plans for Shannon split could be ready this week

The Government could announce final details of its plans to split Shannon Airport from the Dublin Airport Authority as early as this week.

Cabinet ministers yesterday discussed a report prepared by a steering committee established earlier this year to coordinate two task forces examining the plans to restructure Shannon Airport and Shannon Development.

Transport Minister Leo Varadkar and Enterprise Minister Richard Bruton established the committee and task forces in June after announcing in May that they intended to separate Shannon Airport from the Dublin Airport Authority (DAA) structure.

Full Story: http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 08905.html[/textarea]

Is the DAA a government body or a private company? What will this mean for Shannon if this goes ahead?

The DAA is a Government body. if this goes ahead, it should be good for Shannon, assuming the politicians get something right for once. If Shannon is allowed to operate as a stand alone body, then anything is possible. The CBP pre-clearance . if marketed properly, should certainly help, but the U.S. authorities have now cut back on staff time which could adversly affect things for the worse. We shall wait and see. There is a press conference tomorrow at 12.30 so we should know more then

It will be interesting to see how much Shannon airport is valued at. Airports do tend to retain their value, even through the tough times as they are generally seen as a long term investment. Needless to say this doesn't always apply but Shannon seems to have a stable background so I can't foresee and difficulty in selling the airport.

Shannon airport is not for sale. The deal is that the operating body is being hived off from the DAA and the DAA's debts, so as to stand on it's own feet as an independent entity without a massive debt hanging over it

Thanks IL76MAN. It's no wonder the DAA are in debt with that lovely new shiny terminal at Dublin. Thanks for correcting me.

[textarea]Shannon Airport plan for 850 jobs

The Government has decided to grant Shannon Airport full independence from the Dublin Airport Authority.

Commitments for the creation of 850 new jobs have been secured from two Shannon-based companies, as part of plans for an International Aviation Services Centre that will see the separation of Shannon Airport from the Dublin Airport Authority.

The Government has decided to grant Shannon Airport full independence and merge the airport with a restructured Shannon Development to form a new, publicly-owned, commercial entity in 2013.

Full Story: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... ing23.html[/textarea]

Secures DY TATL:
The first ever transatlantic flights from Cork, and new US routes from Dublin and Shannon, with fares from €69. From 1st July, Norwegian will the first ever transatlantic flights from Cork with a service to Providence Airport, together with new US routes from Shannon and Dublin to Stewart International Airport and Providence. Fares start from €69 one way.

Shannon – four transatlantic flights per week from €69:

• Stewart Intl (New York) – 2x weekly flights (Wed, Sun).
  • Providence (greater Boston) – 2x weekly flights (Mon, Fri).

How is the fire cover downgrading from level 9 to level 7 which has already lost SNN the Kuwait stopover going to affect widebody diversions?

United Airlines in summer 2018 season is adjusting service to Ireland, as the airline cancels seasonal Chicago O’Hare – Shannon route. This route, previously scheduled from 23MAY18 to 04SEP18 (ORD departure), is no longer available for reservation since Thursday (05OCT17).

Previously filed schedule as follow.

UA066 ORD1805 – 0720+1SNN 752 D
UA067 SNN0915 – 1125ORD 752 D

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock