Wizz at DSA
This summer season will see Wizz Air base 2x A321s at DSA and operate 62x weekly flights to 23x destinations.

Below is a map of the destinations that Wizz will serve this summer from DSA (in maroon):
(Dark green shows destinations to be served next winter)
View attachment 23053

The weekly flights during a week in August 2021:

Poland (21)
WAW
(4)
GDN (3)
KRK (3)
KTW (3)
LUZ (3)
POZ (3)
WRO (2)

Spain (13)
ACE
(3)
ALC (3)
TFS (3)
AGP (2)
PMI (2)

Romania (10)
OT
P (5)
CLJ (3)
SCV (2)

Lithuania (3)
VNO
(3)

Latvia (3)
RIX
(3)

Bulgaria (2)
BOJ (2)

Cyprus (2)
LCA (2)

Greece (2)
HER (2)

Portugal (2)
FAO (2)

Slovakia (2)
KSC (2)

Turkey (2)
DLM
(2)

Sat 5 Jun 2021
Wizz Air now has 2x A321s based at DSA.
G-WUKK has been operating out of DSA since the 27th May.
G-WUKL arrived yesterday after being stored in CWL - It arrived via STN (for entry into service maintenance I presume).

Today saw 2x based aircraft operate for the first time.
- G-WUKK operated to Poznan, Poland
- G-WUKL operated to Alicante, Spain and Lublin, Poland

How can this much capacity and this much tourism be good for the U.K.? And island of jersey.

It’s unsuitable.
As you were saying in the Jet2 Leeds/Bradford thread about 737-800s going there, I asked the Twitter user what aircraft was being used and he replied that it’s the A321 so quite some capacity being added there.

As you were saying in the Jet2 Leeds/Bradford thread about 737-800s going there, I asked the Twitter user what aircraft was being used and he replied that it’s the A321 so quite some capacity being added there.

Can an A321 land in Jersey even without a full load of fuel? I suppose it utilises the aircraft that aren't doing much else at the moment.

Can an A321 land in Jersey even without a full load of fuel? I suppose it utilises the aircraft that aren't doing much else at the moment.
I’m unsure personally. I will take a guess and say maybe not fully loaded but it’s a short flight that won’t have much fuel on so probably yes. And the other thing was that the Twitter user that gave the information for the new route thinks it’s likely to be an A321 as DSA are a A321 base.

which is longer than the runway at Skiathos, which can take A321's. But performance can be marred by weather and the fact it's a 3hr flight back to the UK, against the 30min flight from JER so less fuel required. An A321 may just work.

Skiathos is scheduled via a Greek airport and I believe what’s known in the industry as reduced contingency to reduce the weight.

Skiathos is scheduled via a Greek airport and I believe what’s known in the industry as reduced contingency to reduce the weight.
Indeed. Fuelling is done at other Airports after a stop en route. But if the weather situation is favourable then an A321 can make it back to the UK direct without the need for a tech stop. TCX used to fly the A321 to there, and if direct would mean arriving back about 1 hour earlier than scheduled.

I am now reading that the new route to Palma de Mallorca has been postponed until 10th September 2021.

This is subject to change but was expected based on the timings of the Jersey route.

info from SeanM1997 on Twitter.

The Jersey route looks to be scrapped after looking on their website there’s no flights available. @Jerry has pointed this out on the Wizz Cardiff thread as there’s nothing available for CWL either.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock