Advertisement

Monarch Aircraft Engineering MAEL and Expected Movements

Advertisement

rollo

Platinum Member
Aug 26, 2014
MAEL certainly bring a great variety to BHX, I was on the multi story last week and with all the freighters parked up and along with the Gulfstreams and Lear jets etc the old Elmdon site is an airport on its own it brings great variety and a nice change from all the737s and 320s etc.

GliderPilot

Jul 19, 2017
England
Well if I was a boss at Norweigan and I saw two legacy carriers and then a low-cost carrier drop BHX I wouldn't go near the airport commercially with a 10-foot barge pole.

Then again why not take a leap of faith

Stay optimistic GliderPilot...

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Thread starter Moderator #266
After all that has happened it's great to hear that there is still possible MAEL expansion on the cards.

A third hangar at Birmingham has been rumoured for a while but it appears as if there are 'a couple of options'.

While doubling MAEL's business will initially involve efficiency efforts to create "a bit more capacity" at Luton and Birmingham, the growth plan foresees the establishment of additional base-maintenance facilities. Dare says the company is evaluating "a couple of options" for expansion at existing or new locations.

flightglobal.com/news/articles/analysis-monarch-mro-unit-in-growth-mode-after-par-449679/

GliderPilot

Jul 19, 2017
England
EI-FHD has just flown what looks like a test flight after making this emergency landing back in June:

The aircraft had severed hydraulic lines so im guessing a test flight was very much necessary. Good to see the aircraft back in the air.

Footnote: Just seen this was covered on the general thread but i still think it is relevant to the MAEL thread also

Advertisement

Top Bottom