I've noted that on the MAN forum that Brussels have sent in a couple of A330s this month to STS so I guess some sort of contract between the two has come into effect. As to what the actual work being done is have no clue but assume it's some planned maintenance as the quieter winter season approaches for airlines but not for maintenance companies.
Wad the same for the Air Canada 789 just sat outside.Perhaps they come in for some sort of software upgrade. Might explain why no work being seen done to the outsides ?

A government/NATO contract would underpin the facility for years as this sort of stuff is normally cost-plus in otherwords a guaranteed profit and we still get a decent range of other aircraft.

A bird in the hand as they say and if they can win the contract It may encourage them to add a third bay which has been mooted in the past.

The Maleth A330s operate MAN and LGW and are away from base approx day each and probably drop in to
BHX for general maintenance

A government/NATO contract would underpin the facility for years as this sort of stuff is normally cost-plus in otherwords a guaranteed profit and we still get a decent range of other aircraft.

A bird in the hand as they say and if they can win the contract It may encourage them to add a third bay which has been mooted in the past.
Firstly who knows if they are making a profit ?

The contract had been handed to Marshalls in the first place.However after looking at the numbers they stated they would make a loss on the contract and rejected it !

Now it may well be that STS with a more modern hangar could get better financial numbers out of it ??

STS had just announced Bham and snapped their hands off with their first guaranteed work contract.

STS ,Boeing and suppliers have been criticised recently by the Govt and RAF for continuing delays with the project. .

STS very unlikely to add a 3rd bay. The space for one is now to be a new surface car park and car rental facility. With a new entrance off the A45 just past the golf course also approved.

Also STS have moved most of their airliner interest to their larger Manchester facility which Is very busy now with BA A320/A321 narrowbodied and fair amount of widebodied contracts..

Don`t know if the 777 conversion bay is already being built as MAN seems to have 1 maybe 2 A330/777 size at once and as the BA320/321 only stay short time and can be tucked in somewhere. I know BHX has had Brussels A320 recently but have rather lost track of what has been in

Firstly who knows if they are making a profit ?

The contract had been handed to Marshalls in the first place.However after looking at the numbers they stated they would make a loss on the contract and rejected it !

Now it may well be that STS with a more modern hangar could get better financial numbers out of it ??

STS had just announced Bham and snapped their hands off with their first guaranteed work contract.

STS ,Boeing and suppliers have been criticised recently by the Govt and RAF for continuing delays with the project. .

STS very unlikely to add a 3rd bay. The space for one is now to be a new surface car park and car rental facility. With a new entrance off the A45 just past the golf course also approved.

Also STS have moved most of their airliner interest to their larger Manchester facility which Is very busy now with BA A320/A321 narrowbodied and fair amount of widebodied contracts..
Spot on.
Makes you wonder what the future holds for STS BHX since they bought that great big hangar a MAN. I would certainly say that if MAN hangar was available at the time they would not have taken the ex MON hangar at BHX.

Don`t know if the 777 conversion bay is already being built as MAN seems to have 1 maybe 2 A330/777 size at once and as the BA320/321 only stay short time and can be tucked in somewhere. I know BHX has had Brussels A320 recently but have rather lost track of what has been in
Another Brussels A330 arrived at MAN 2 days ago, and three BA short-haul already rotated last few days.

Yes Mamoth freighters said they were to start passenger to freighter B777 conversions from March 2024 with STS at Manchester a year ago .However I have heard nothing more on the progress to fit part of their hangar out for them.

I think it takes about 4 months to convert just one, so it would certainly reduce other movements through the hangar if those were ongoing.

The company may then have to refocus their attention back to BHX.

That hangar at MAN huge and in the days of Thomas Cook seemed to be bottomless pit for aircraft and as they can use both ends

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock