A couple of interviews with representatives from MAEL, in light of what has happened they sound remarkably positive.

One very interesting point made was that the business had recently moved to a 50/50 split in terms of Monarch Airlines and third party customers. With Monarch expecting a brand new fleet of MAX's, which would have required much less maintenance the Airbus fleet, plans to increase their customers and schedule were already underway.

Good to see that they are to keep the Monarch brand alive, I wish them the very best.

20-24 787's coming through the Birmingham hangar this winter (y)

https://www.wearefinn.com/topics/posts/where-next-for-monarch-aircraft-engineering/

http://atwonline.com/mro/video-mael-s-david-doherty-talks-about-effect-monarch-collapse

It's fantastic to see MAEL go from strength to strength (y)

It really is bittersweet seeing the Monarch logo from the A45. On one hand it's great to see the engineering arm so successful but there are painful reminders of the airline which we loved so much :(

It's fantastic to see MAEL go from strength to strength (y)

It really is bittersweet seeing the Monarch logo from the A45. On one hand it's great to see the engineering arm so successful but there are painful reminders of the airline which we loved so much :(
An engineering base was lacking for so many years. Expansion soon? #MBHXGA

A great article about how MAEL have turn things around after the collapse of Monarch.

Good to see that the future looks promising (y)

http://www.mro-network.com/maintenance-repair-overhaul/monarch-s-winter-turnaround

Having already factored the 2018/2019 winter schedule into its strategy not long after the collapse of Monarch Airlines, Dare says he feels the MRO stabilized quicker than anticipated and next winter’s maintenance schedule is already looking promising.

“There’s interest from new customers looking at slots and the commercial teams have never been busier,” he says. “The capacity closer to home has brought the attention to some of our more local operators who potentially wouldn't have to send their aircraft for ferry flights.”

Taken from an aircraft window so not the best quality but nice to see MAEL doing well with four 787's in.

full

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock