MAEL certainly bring a great variety to BHX, I was on the multi story last week and with all the freighters parked up and along with the Gulfstreams and Lear jets etc the old Elmdon site is an airport on its own it brings great variety and a nice change from all the737s and 320s etc.

Well if I was a boss at Norweigan and I saw two legacy carriers and then a low-cost carrier drop BHX I wouldn't go near the airport commercially with a 10-foot barge pole.

Then again why not take a leap of faith

Stay optimistic GliderPilot...

162-512.png

After all that has happened it's great to hear that there is still possible MAEL expansion on the cards.

A third hangar at Birmingham has been rumoured for a while but it appears as if there are 'a couple of options'.

While doubling MAEL's business will initially involve efficiency efforts to create "a bit more capacity" at Luton and Birmingham, the growth plan foresees the establishment of additional base-maintenance facilities. Dare says the company is evaluating "a couple of options" for expansion at existing or new locations.

flightglobal.com/news/articles/analysis-monarch-mro-unit-in-growth-mode-after-par-449679/

EI-FHD has just flown what looks like a test flight after making this emergency landing back in June:

The aircraft had severed hydraulic lines so im guessing a test flight was very much necessary. Good to see the aircraft back in the air.

Footnote: Just seen this was covered on the general thread but i still think it is relevant to the MAEL thread also

That's fantastic, now the question turns from can they get the customers, to can they get the aircraft in and out on time

Currently in dock so to speak.

2 Norwegian 788/789
2 Virgin 789/A330
Oman 788
DHL 757

How good is that?
If only they were parked on the terminal ramps!! Just hope the pilots report back on how good the airport is and "hey bosses, why not fly there?"

Its back out, I read on ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- that it was a refugee flight, which explains the stupid arrival time

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock