I wonder if they have noticed that Jet2 have again scheduled Boeing 737-800 to operate the LS205/206 Leeds - Amsterdam rotation on Fridays and Sundays from November?
I doubt they would be bothered about Jet2. KLMs consideration will be connecting traffic and no doubt will want to be picking up the slack of the lost Flybe routes in Yorkshire as a whole.

It is an odd one isn't it? The route is operated by KLM Cityhopper with their Embraers. The 737s are KLM Mainline - technically a different airline. I know (and have reported on here) that LBA management have been trying to get either more Embraer flights or a switch to the 737, but the fact that would mean KLM Mainline coming on board has always been a problem. If this turns out to be correct then it suggests that the route is to be split between Cityhopper and Mainline? Lets hope it will herald a gradual change over to all flights being operated on the 737 eventually.

As they do at Manchester I am told !
B737-900 right down to the E170s are used.
Same with most of the bigger UK airports including Heathrow. Only airport guaranteed to get the same aircraft type is London city because they can only use the E190.

KLM my most regular airline at LBA since BA flights rarely connect for Europe since the frequency reduction.

I note time and again that KLM LBA flights are almost always quite a bit more expensive than MAN (sometimes prohibitively so). Presumably driven by lack of supply vs demand... So hopefully this will reduce cost also... Perhaps winning some demand back from Manc.

I guess this is partly instead of the 4th rotation we had at one point? Still good to see.
Guess this one won't be a bus to the terminal in AMS.. (just a long walk instead).

I guess this is partly instead of the 4th rotation we had at one point? Still good to see.
Guess this one won't be a bus to the terminal in AMS.. (just a long walk instead).

yes that’s another bonus with the 737, no more Fokker farm. Should use a gate on the D pier.

I don't mind the coach journey around the apron whether after landing or before take off.
The boring bit at AMS in the long taxi to or from the northern runway - and that is the same for EMB or B737.

I don't mind the coach journey around the apron whether after landing or before take off.
The boring bit at AMS in the long taxi to or from the northern runway - and that is the same for EMB or B737.

The good thing about the runway is usually what you lose on one side you gain on the other. Typically if landing on 18R with the long taxi in, you take off on 24 which is right next to the D pier - similarly take offs on 36L mean you probably landed on 06 which gets you right in to the D pier.

I think the bus journey is never great anywhere tbh. If you travel regularly you soon develop a great dislike of them :)

Is Amsterdam big? Never been. have been through Abu Dhabi though where we were bussed to the terminal that journey was nearly as long as the flight

Is Amsterdam big? Never been. have been through Abu Dhabi though where we were bussed to the terminal that journey was nearly as long as the flight

Very big. The terminal itself is huge and walking distances significant, and the whole site is large too with the notorious Polderbaan runway being a good 15-20 minute taxi from the terminal.

I am not happy to read that. I transit AUH at the beginning of Feb 2020.

I am not happy to read that. I transit AUH at the beginning of Feb 2020.

Yeah, I suppose it depends what gate you arrive at, I just know our bus journey was long! Not as long as our walk to the next gate for our connecting flight to aus though, that was something else no idea what ams is like in comparison but Abu Dhabi seemed huge.

I have used Amsterdam twice this year as a transit airport to another european destination.
Not sure the taxi time from terminal to runway is any different to other large european airports, usually around 40 minutes especially on landing at Rome, never mind the huge queues for security, especially on arrival.
I need special assistance nowadays, but when I used to do the transit myself, lots of walking, but this seems the way at airports today.
One of the better signed posted airports internally in my experience, never got struggled like say at Frankfurt.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock