Zagreb Airport (ZAG)

airforced

May 5, 2010
North Yorkshire
I'll be traveling back to the UK from Zagreb later in the year and wonder if anyone has any experience of the place?

From rooting about on the old interweb it seems to be a bit of a hick establishment with few facilities. Can anyone dissuade me from that view - please!?

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Great video and looks like they have a nice shiny new terminal!
Is it me or did the prop stop just after take off?

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Great video and looks like they have a nice shiny new terminal!
Is it me or did the prop stop just after take off?

I'm sure it's an imagery trick - something to do with the number of frames in the footage and the slowing of the prop makes it look like it's stopping during the noise abatement. Well that's my take on it, unless somebody else has a better answer?

jfy1999

Staff member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham

Zagreb Airport was previously served by the likes of Wizz Air, easyJet and Norwegian Air Shuttle, however, all terminated their operations from the Croatian capital, but continue to maintain a notable presence on the coast where fees are lower.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE

Zagreb Airport was previously served by the likes of Wizz Air, easyJet and Norwegian Air Shuttle, however, all terminated their operations from the Croatian capital, but continue to maintain a notable presence on the coast where fees are lower.
I think it's safe to say it's an inevitable outcome. Airports need airlines and the business they bring. Customers will simply fly from airports further afield if they can find a flight cheaper elsewhere.

airforced

May 5, 2010
North Yorkshire
The lively debate that followed the Ryan news piece was just as interesting. Croatia Airlines seem, if the comments are correct, will be in for a hard time with the Ryan arrival.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.