On TV & Live Streaming

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Which one? The Boeing MAX range with their dodgy software that causes planes to plummet out of the sky, the 737-NG with "potential structural vulnerability" concerns requiring a retrofit, or is it the Dreamliners with their alleged dodgy lithium batteries? :censored:

Kevin Farnell

Staff member
Which one? The Boeing MAX range with their dodgy software that causes planes to plummet out of the sky, the 737-NG with "potential structural vulnerability" concerns requiring a retrofit, or is it the Dreamliners with their alleged dodgy lithium batteries? :censored:
Sorry, I should have explained. It's the 737MAX.

Kevin

JENNYJET

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Dec 15, 2015
ASTWOOD BANK, WORCESTERSHIRE.
Country
United-Kingdom
Did not bother, was it the usual hatchet job? Placing doubt and fear into the minds of passengers or a balanced insight into the complexity of modern aircraft?

Kevin Farnell

Staff member

Kevin Farnell

Staff member
I've just watched 'MH370: The Lost Flight' which aired on Channel 5 earlier (I had it recorded). The next two episodes will be shown on Tue 31 May and Wed 1 Jun at 21:00 (you can watch episode 1 on My5).
It's a subject that has intrigued me for several years, but we will never know the truth unless the aircraft is found. Even then, will the data on the CVR and FDR still be readable?
It's an interesting program and they have included many knowledgeable aviation experts (e.g. David Learmount, Consulting Editor with Flightglobal). Be warned though, that it also contains upsetting interviews with family members of those lost and distressing scenes at the information updates.

Kevin

Kevin Farnell

Staff member
I've just watched episode 2 of this 3 part series (aired Tue 31 May) and it covers a lot of the debris found on the beaches of Reunion Island and Mozambique. As well as the flaperon, another piece of debris shows part of the Rolls Royce logo. The Malaysian Airlines B777's were -200's and powered by RR Trent engines.
A few years before the MH370 disappearance, my Dad and I flew on two Malaysian B777's (KUL - AKL and return). I remember that it was two different aircraft, but I can't recall the registrations (I'm sure I have them written down somewhere). I often wonder if one of those aircraft was the one involved, or even MH17 that was shot down over eastern Ukraine.
Likewise, the cabin crew. We flew business class and they were excellent (particularly the one stewardess). I so hope that none of them were involved (although, I realise that someone's loved ones had to be).
The final episode airs tomorrow on CH5 at 21:00.

Kevin

Last edited:

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
@Kevin Farnell That's freaky.

A friend of mine once told me he was due to fly on the Pan Am on the same aircraft that was blown up. Apparently he mist the flight by just a few minutes. What a lucky escape that was!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.