YorkshireLad

Sep 11, 2022
North Yorkshire
Not getting far with LBA. Ive booked 4 trips so far this year only one of which is from Leeds, rest are from Manchester. Very frustrating we don't have the destinations at the time of year when I need them.
Thats also a problem for me. Both trips we have booked for this year are from MAN as we are unable to get to these places from LBA.

Finger66

Aug 21, 2015
South Leeds
We currently have nothing booked from anywhere this year. However what I will say is as we get older we are looking for "different" destinations rather than mass market ones, so unless we choose to connect via somewhere (oh wait that will be AMS or DUB then) the choice is very limited from LBA. Even wanting to go visit relatives in JER is a bit frequency and cost prohibitive, which is why I would love BE to take on JER and also see more international hubs available for connections. Let's hope the airlines waiting in the wings from 2024 onwards do materialise

LBAYORKIE

Dec 30, 2009
We currently have nothing booked from anywhere this year. However what I will say is as we get older we are looking for "different" destinations rather than mass market ones, so unless we choose to connect via somewhere (oh wait that will be AMS or DUB then) the choice is very limited from LBA. Even wanting to go visit relatives in JER is a bit frequency and cost prohibitive, which is why I would love BE to take on JER and also see more international hubs available for connections. Let's hope the airlines waiting in the wings from 2024 onwards do materialise
If anything we are looking closer to home to avoid long journeys but can't get to Bergerac in April and Paris frequency/timings in June are hopeless. Amsterdam is now also too expensive from LBA.

Kevin Farnell

Staff member
Not getting far with LBA. Ive booked 4 trips so far this year only one of which is from Leeds, rest are from Manchester. Very frustrating we don't have the destinations at the time of year when I need them.
Thats also a problem for me. Both trips we have booked for this year are from MAN as we are unable to get to these places from LBA.
That's the problem with 'smaller' airports (not just LBA), losing passengers to larger ones. The airlines are more than happy for the 'self loading cargo' to travel to them, rather than have to set up a new service at another airport. I guess there's not a lot of choice. You can either not go, travel via the larger airport or travel from your local airport via a hub such as AMS, which would probably take longer and could well be more expensive. It's very difficult to claw back 'lost' passengers, as it suits the airlines.

LBAYORKIE

Dec 30, 2009
That's the problem with 'smaller' airports (not just LBA), losing passengers to larger ones. The airlines are more than happy for the 'self loading cargo' to travel to them, rather than have to set up a new service at another airport. I guess there's not a lot of choice. You can either not go, travel via the larger airport or travel from your local airport via a hub such as AMS, which would probably take longer and could well be more expensive. It's very difficult to claw back 'lost' passengers, as it suits the airlines.
Im unlikely to be put off travelling so will just end up using other airports. All I can do is give LBA 'first shout'
Travelling via AMS works but still more than equivalent from MAN and also many of the long haul destinations I favour aren't served by KLM. I don't particularly like the US so DUB doesn't really work.

Ap1995

Feb 27, 2011
as im a flexible traveller, i would most likely try my best to book my holidays around what's available from LBA, obviously price is a big point and i don't mind paying a small premium to fly from LBA but if its huge obviously other airports then come into play. so far I have 1 up coming trip form LBA but planning a few more - this 2022 i passed through on 6 different trips. (AYT, LPA, FUE, LHR, SPU & BTS)

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
Unfortunately with Jet2 withdrawing from the AMS route there is no competition to keep KLM's prices down. It is the same if you look at MME or HUY. Contrast with MAN or LHR were there is significant competition, and KLM prices are often a lot more reasonable.

I don't blame KLM, they are maximising their returns of course and charging a price which still results in good loads. It does mean I don't bother looking at KLM from LBA when I need to go to AMS though.

LBA4EVER

Mar 10, 2018
baildon
www.easydrive-yorkshire.co.uk
Unfortunately with Jet2 withdrawing from the AMS route there is no competition to keep KLM's prices down. It is the same if you look at MME or HUY. Contrast with MAN or LHR were there is significant competition, and KLM prices are often a lot more reasonable.

I don't blame KLM, they are maximising their returns of course and charging a price which still results in good loads. It does mean I don't bother looking at KLM from LBA when I need to go to AMS though.
You would think that the natural thing for KLM to do would be to upgrade to the B737 but keep fares around the same price now that jet2 are off the route, grab the pax whilst they can before they take alternative flights from other airports.
Funny how jet2s first ever routes were Amsterdam and belfast!

LBAYORKIE

Dec 30, 2009
You would think that the natural thing for KLM to do would be to upgrade to the B737 but keep fares around the same price now that jet2 are off the route, grab the pax whilst they can before they take alternative flights from other airports.
Back in the days of 'Yorkshires Airline'

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Country
United-Kingdom
Closely followed by Milan Bergamo.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.