Travelling to Dusseldorf in November and so miss our own service - EW from Manchester doesn't have the best times so ended up with a BA package from LHR (will worry about flights / train there later) for 3 nights 4 star and flights with BA for £207 each! BA can't be making any money on that! EW fare only was almost the package price from MAN although if it had been LBA I'd have paid it willingly! Bring back DUS!

Last edited:
Just booked Jet2 for a ride down to Fuerteventura in November from LBA..I`m sure you all know, but in case you don`t, if you join their `members Club` (free), presently they are offering 15% discount until April 2021.Saved me a bundle and I get reminded of what BA used to be like :ROFLMAO:

Flew out to LPA last Saturday on LS477 text book stuff at the airport and plenty of signs saying the Existing airport was being improved but nothing advertising the new build! Away on time and down 25 mins early. Coming back today the inbound was very early so we managed a very swift get away for a slow flight. A very bumpy welcome to Yorkshire about 5 mins ahead of schedule! We had to do a reverse park on account of the storm which slowed things up. Overall great service from Jet2 and LBA but I must say more on board peddling of goods and drinks than I recall!

hi all
4 family members have just booked 10days to majorca with jet2 holidays (all inclusive) from LBA in august just under £4,000 the same holiday was £460 cheaper from man, but our daughter hates the M62,does make me wonder if jet2 are doing the old thomsons trick of charging more from leeds,they have booked there seats and there is plenty of room on the plane.
regards
sm

It still comes back to supply and demand. If people will pay the prices then why lower them? Not good for a customer but good for a profitable business. What I do think this does show though is how many more pax would use LBA if prices were comparable. But as we know we are currently at peak time capacity so not really any extra seats going to be made available. For now at least..............

You don't travel Jet2 often enough Offint or else you'd be used to that sort of service on, shall we say, aircraft that are past their first flush of youth (and well looked after by someone).

I flew LBA-GRO this morning with FR. 7 on the inbound and 107 on board to GRO. The procedures at LBA....well, I hope they improve by the time Jet2 start up ops again. The cafe which is set up in one of the lounges was like a scene from the restaurant in Fawlty Towers! £4 for a bacon roll but at least they provided some entertainment. Arrival in Gerona was faultless. Temperature check for all arrivals and forms had to be filled out with contact details in the UK and Spain.

I flew LBA-GRO this morning with FR. 7 on the inbound and 107 on board to GRO. The procedures at LBA....well, I hope they improve by the time Jet2 start up ops again. The cafe which is set up in one of the lounges was like a scene from the restaurant in Fawlty Towers! £4 for a bacon roll but at least they provided some entertainment. Arrival in Gerona was faultless. Temperature check for all arrivals and forms had to be filled out with contact details in the UK and Spain.
that's what im hearing from many people, faultless transit thru airports in Europe but here in the uk, whats that saying, could not arrange a piss up in a brewery!

Maybe give it time to sort out the cafe? It's all rather new.
I notice you didn't mention what really matters, such as the safety measures prior to boarding at LBA.

We should've been in Lake Garda this week but our flight was cancelled. We would have gone had it still been operating but we're pleased in a way that Jet2 decided to cancel our flight to Verona. The flight was never a worry for us, it was more a case of what we would have been limited to doing whilst we were there. We were planning on visiting Verona and Venice by train which would have likely been cancelled limiting us to our accommodation near Lake Garda. All is not lost as we're planning on going to Tenerife next year. Fingers crossed.

Never mind, you can still go down to the pub and mix intimately with the non faced masked drunks and catch the virus there instead. No need to go abroad!
Just cant believe this year! no pubs and clubbing as its pointless going out, no outdoor events, no plane spotting because they aint owt decent to see and no holidays! grim! :cry: On the plus side work is good, finances in order and a more structured life as lockdown gave me time to sort out.

Flew MME to LHR this morning and it is worth any air anorak doing! MME is tiny with more staff than passengers and there were only 12 on board! The mayor must have deep pockets or it’s not going to last long! When I think of BA carrying sometimes full flights from LBA! That jet needs to relocate to LBA!

Lets try and revive a quiet thread.. don't suppose anybody has any travel/holidays booked for Summer 21 or beyond?

if not any plans to use any services/routes?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock