Would Chicago really fit the portfolio?

Clearly there is the holidaymaker aspect to their other US routes, althought the connectivity to JetBlue certainly , a swap from say AA to TCX does seem a step to far. Maybe its a snobbish view ?

SIA on the other hand would be a winner but ......
3 a week ?

AA really constructed their own downfall with things like a June September operation certainly putting punters off. Certainty of service is EVERYTHING.

Business doesn't shut down October to April.

At least thank God we arnt talking about Primera entering the fray :)

Just looking back is that 15 % increase in Winter capacity one of the largest increases Manchester has ever seen at this time of the year ?

I'm sure it's normally 6% or so.

With massive increases already in the pipeline for Summer 2019 the MAT looks as though it might be heading toward 32m ?

Last edited:
Would Chicago really fit the portfolio?
I wouldn't have Seattle fitted there portfolio. There must be some sort of tourism from the North to Chicago plus it is the start of Route 66 but like you say it probably is a better route for Singapore Airlines.

Primeta will be 5 per week, daily except tuesday & thursday this winter on their Malaga based route, rather than the applied for 7 per week.

I do wonder whether the Stobart operations out of SEN may have been racking up rather alot of EU261 compensation liability. The scale of these payouts compared to fares paid must damage the economics of the operation. Also, there seems to be uncertainty surrounding the future of Stobart's relationship with FlyBe. We know that IOM ops are returning to FlyBe themselves. If the franchise agreement ends, could Stobart still interline with the FlyBe hub?

Meanwhile, according to reports in the financial press, there has been civil war in the Stobart Group boardroom with senior present and former management figures at loggerheads over company strategy. I wonder whether the aviation division was more valued by the previous management team associated with Andrew Tinkler? He was CEO at Stobart Group until 1st July 2017.

There is demand for a reliable service between MAN and the east side of London at the right price. I have even noted the weekly BA Cityflyer MAN-LCY service running almost full on a recent occasion. But the route has to be profitable for the operator, and Stobart's operational issues appear to have left them short of that goal.

With Ryanair set to join EasyJet at SEN, changes to the Stobart airline operation could run alot deeper than the AT76 service to MAN. Speculation abounds ...

With thanks to Dobbo on SSC and another source, for the heads-up on this one.

According to Air Transport World:

UK LCC easyJet has struck a connecting-flight agreement with Singapore Airlines (SIA) and its LCC subsidiary Scoot, which will both join the ‘Worldwide by easyJet’ booking platform by the end of 2018.

Passengers can use ‘Worldwide by easyJet’ to book connecting flights within and beyond easyJet’s network, with a minimum connecting time of 2.5 hours. Member airlines each take responsibility for disruption on their own sectors.

On Sept. 9, at the Aviation Festival in London, easyJet CEO Johan Lundgren named SIA as the first full-service carrier to join the Dohop-powered platform, which now comprises 10 member airlines.

“This shows the quality and calibre of the airlines that Worldwide by easyJet is attracting,” he told a small media gathering on the sidelines of the show.

SIA SVP sales & marketing Campbell Wilson said SIA already has partnerships with other LCCs, including Virgin Australia, as well as US LCCs JetBlue and Alaska Airlines. He sees no conflict between SIA’s full-service product and easyJet’s LCC product, because passengers book according to their needs.

Wilson first approached easyJet two years ago, when he was Scoot CEO, attracted by the strength of easyJet’s network. Those talks intensified about a year ago, leading to the deal. There were no talks with other potential European LCC partners. “EasyJet was our first choice,” he said.

The agreement with easyJet is not a codeshare and Wilson said it does not affect SIA’s profit-share joint venture with Star Alliance partner Lufthansa.

Passengers need to go to the Worldwide by easyJet portal to make a through-booking; the service is not available through SIA’s own website.

Together SIA and Scoot serve 16 destinations in Europe, but the agreement will initially be limited to SIA’s flights via Milan Malpensa and Scoot’s flights via Berlin Tegel. “SIA would be happy to extend the agreement as soon as Worldwide by easyJet expands,” Wilson said.

SIA and Scoot join the eight existing Worldwide by easyJet partner airlines: Guernsey regional Aurigny, French carriers Corsair and La Compagnie, Scottish regional Loganair, LCCs Neos and Norwegian, leisure carrier Thomas Cook and Canadian LCC WestJet.

An easyJet spokeswoman said tickets on all these airlines are already being sold through the Worldwide by easyJet portal, but so far only three airlines (Neos, Norwegian
and WestJet) can be booked as connecting flights. “By the end of the year, all of them will be connecting and live,” she said.

The service is active at specific airports, currently Berlin Tegel, London Gatwick, Milan Malpensa and Venice Marco Polo. Over the coming months, this will be expanded to include Amsterdam Schiphol, Edinburgh, Manchester, Paris Charles de Gaulle and Paris Orly.

If this comes off then there is a major opportunity for Manchester, in association with Aurigny, Loganair, Singapore Airlines and Thomas Cook, to have a massive boost in connecting traffic. The airport now needs to ensure that the transfer facilities are really expanded to meet with a new volume of traffic.

I'm confused. If it's not a codeshare presumably it won't show as say

Singapore Belfast

So how does the consumer actually know they can therefore book Singapore Belfast and a connection exists ,?

Will the EasyJet listing make the connection show up as an option on the main comparison sites? Skyscanner and so on ...

Hi everyone

Re the above posts regarding Easyjet using Transfers at Man I actually work in Transfers and currently Easyjet pax together with Norwegian, Ryanair, Aurigny, Jet2, Air Transat are not allowed through the facility, we turn them away as the connection is not paid for in their tickets. This is if they are coming off or going onto those carriers as they are " low cost ". There would have to be some rule changes for this to happen.

Also Transfers is restricted size wise and during the summer months in the morning peaks is very congested with large pax numbers going onto/off Tommy Cook long haul and all the other full fare airlines that are accepted.

Just a couple of points to consider.

CheersBilko.

I've not seen this reported here before:

easyJet introduce, for the winter, a new Budapest service on Monday and Friday.

Etihad change their equipment, for the winter, from B777-300 to a B787-900. The afternoon stays as a b777-300.

Iraqi Airways change their days of operation from Saturday to Thursday with effect from 1st November.

Last edited:
so the World Routes conference is now taking place in Guangzhou. Would be a good time to announce this expected route. Anyone know if the usual senior bigwigs have gone, and more to the point, which airlines they are targetting.

Potential ones may be one of the Korean airlines and also to have a long discussion with United with their plans given the 757s are getting long in the tooth - upgrade to EWR and maybe look at ORD - and further talks with Thai.

Korean Airlines would be interesting. Any ideas what their European network is like?

Some seemingly random routes are operated:

Korean Air to Europe
Vienna, Prague, Zagreb, Paris, Frankfurt, Milan, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Madrid, Zurich, Heathrow and Istanbul
seasonal offerings to Marseille, Athens, Oslo, Basel and there's been a handful of Glasgow charters
Glasgow (charter)

Asiana to Europe
Paris, Frankfurt, Rome, Venice, Barcelona, Istanbul and Heathrow

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock