Very true Land23R and I should have noticed that when sharing the tweet by SPD_travels. Maybe I was too shell shocked by the other events of the day?

Both Aer Lingus and Virgin are doing pretty well on JFK infact it looks as if Aer Lingus are upgrading from
A321 to A332 next summer but like most places Orlando seems to be taking a hit as it is too expensive

Courtesy of SPD_travels on twitter:

How long it will last remains to be seen, but it’s looking like Sentra Airways may actually launch its Manchester-Accra flights this year. Crew, AOC and aircraft have been secured:

myjoyonline.com
Sentra Airways to launch operations in Ghana by end of this year - MyJoyOnline.com
Ghana is set to see a new airline entering its aviation industry to ply the Manchester to Accra routes.

Post automatically merged:

SPD travels

@SPD_travels
·
1h

Info | It looks like Aer Lingus could be about to swap out the A321N for an A330 on its Manchester-New York flight for summer 2023. The flight time has been altered from the usual 8h15 to 7h45 which reflects the faster cruising speed of the A330 vs A321.

Last edited:
First look at some, not all, S23 potential routes and changes - all subject to change/cancellation as these are just slot allocations.

NEW ROUTES
Air India - 4 per week BOM and 3 per week DEL with B788
Eastern - 4 per day to SOU
FlyPlay - Daily KEF
PIA - Daily ISB & 2 per week LHE
Royal Jordanian - Twice weekly AMM with A319
Southwind - Weekly DLM & twice weekly AYT with B738
Thai - Daily BKK from 1st July with B773

CHANGES
Air Canada - increase from 5x to 7x per week
Air Transat - increase from 4x to 6x per week
Cathay Pacific - increase to daily
easyJet - extra based aircraft from 20 to 21. All A320
Ethiopian - increase to 5 per week
Gulf Air - increase from 2 to 7 per week
Ryanair- increase from 15 to 16 based units

No Wizz U.K. this time? Friend of a friend is joining them and has been told they expect to be ramping up to around 50 aircraft in the next couple of years, and adding new bases. He didn’t have any info on where, but we can but hope!

I would hope a Wizz base in the NW would be in Liverpool as they have been operating there for many years.

From those main highlights of S23, I would only be hopeful for no more than 3 or 4 of them to potentially bear fruit, namely...

Royal Jordanian as proposed - they are looking to expand their operation and appear to have gone into mild overdrive in their advertising on trams and billboards in city centre Manchester (I don't readily recollect much advertising by them north of London whenever I've been off on my daytrips)

Cathay Pacific but to be no more than 6 weekly. Still seems strange that MAN has one of their higher frequencies in their European network.

Ethiopian as proposed. The apparent success of this route really is the stand-out perfumer in the MAN long-haul network. You do wonder if they will ever do a non-stop operation in addition to the one-stop strategy.

Gulf Air but no more than 4 weekly. I believe the intention wasn't to replicate what the ME3 were doing but I guess applying for daily services is merely allowing them to work the most suitable days of operation. I wouldn't want them to trade massively increased frequency to see reduced load factors threatening the viability of the route.

From where because they are already doing Antalya to Manchester all winter this winter
mostly 3 days a week except January which is 2 and from April daily

I suppose that depends on what proportion of the BHX flights are filled by people travelling from the Manchester region. I think this would probably be higher on the DEL service than ATQ. Pakistan Airlines have co-existed at BHX and MAN for many years, so the same could apply to Air India although I would much rather see expansion at BHX than Air India starting at MAN.

Kevin

They are probably getting it loaded in preparation as at present it is all showing full which is a popular
way before releasing but we shall have to wait and see

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock