Julian Carr on LinkedIn has hinted at more international routes for Air India, which will be announced soon. Has anyone got any further information on a possible start date? Even if its just a rumour.

Julian Carr on LinkedIn has hinted at more international routes for Air India, which will be announced soon. Has anyone got any further information on a possible start date? Even if its just a rumour.
Good question, but I suspect some of us have now become immune from the frustration of AI applying for slots at MAN and then returning them. It's gone very quiet on that front.
As you probably know, Julian Carr was a senior member of the MAN Aviation Development team for several years and I gather is now based at Delhi Airport. You would hope there is still good contact with him by MAN to help promote a MAN service, although, subject to politics, it's AI who will decide what new routes will open. And if it ever does happen, probably more likely to be BOM than DEL.

Looks like egyptair is going daily from April and gulf Air is going 5 weekly from July. Source SPD Travels on Twitter. Excellent news, wonder if we will ever see a egyptair 787 at Manchester in the near future?

Not sure about Egypt Air 787 but spdtravels did also flag that Royal Jordanian had resubmitted their slot requests to allow 787 - and now they have them scheduled for the Wednesday flights in August and September.

May not happen of course, but it’s impressive for a route that has not even started!

You'll notice that SPD Travels posted it because it had already leaked and was common knowledge around the airport. Hopefully, it will be confirmed as soon as possible now.
Yep, he did tease that there was something coming in a few tweets before but yeah the cat got out of the bag.

You'll notice that SPD Travels posted it because it had already leaked and was common knowledge around the airport. Hopefully, it will be confirmed as soon as possible now.
And for clarity, where there is no intellectual data and it has become common knowledge as highlighted in the post above, no credits are required.

More details on this can be located here

Did anyone watch the airliners live earlier today? Seems they may have let slip there's another 777 carrier on the way. My first thought was Thai as they applied for slots with a 777-300

Courtesy of SPD_Travels on X

-Juneyao handed back to make way for China Eastern.
-Nile Air and Play have handed back slots
-Air China cargo have 2 weekly freighter slots and a hi-low being sourced for flights
-RAM still hold 3 weekly Tue/Thu/Sat

Not sure if this qualifies as a rumour, but LOT Polish fares now show flights between Manchester and Warsaw for Winter 2024 on some fares and some destinations.

They have filed schedules in GDS before, without commencing so perhaps this is an error too.

Attachments

• IMG_2010.png
    IMG_2010.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 13
Strange to say but MAN has been specifically mentioned by the Malaysian Airlines MD in a podcast as a potential destination https://aviationweek.com/podcasts/w...e-interview-malaysia-airlines-md-izham-ismail

And with the inaugural Royal Jordanian service tomorrow, we have this Simple Flying article which states...

"According to booking data, Amman was only Manchester's eighth-largest unserved Middle Eastern market for point-to-point traffic last year. Medina, Erbil, Riyadh, Tehran, Muscat, Dammam, and Sulaymaniyah were all larger"

https://simpleflying.com/royal-jordanian-5-hour-airbus-a319-flights-uk/

Thanks to SPT_travels on X

New route |

While subject to final confirmations, Air China cargo intend to run a 2 weekly B77F flight to Manchester:

CA3147 CAN 0445 MAN 1050
CA3148 MAN 1320 PEK 0555+1

Tue and Sun

Starts April 2nd 2024 if it goes ahead. Thanks to Paul Clare for the info.

With thanks to SPD_travel on X for this update on Air China Cargo:

The Air China cargo flights to Manchester are now showing on their website. For the first time in many years, MAN has a wide body cargo flight, and MAN-China getting a real boost this year.

Thanks to @andyd888 for highlighting.

More details on X. The service appears to start on 2nd April.

Air China Cargo service is a great coup for Manchester and well done to them for securing it.

The trade press (see below) were expecting BHX and slots of appeared for months but it was not to be due the success of the B744 operations now at BHX putting pressure on ramp and storage on the Elmdon side.

Meanwhile, another Chinese operator has been rumoured to start freighter operations to Birmingham in the UK.

Following an enquiry by The Loadstar today, a spokesperson for BHX said: “Air China Cargo is planning to run Beijing-Guangzhou-Birmingham services on a B777-F aircraft three times a week. We expect to see these in play this side of Christmas.”

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

UTFD Step 4 here Come First Away day and the best day of my life
Technically the 14th anniversary of me working at my present job. Tuesday after the May Day bank holiday is when I started .. last Saturday was the actual anniversary.
Whipee it's Friday!
Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.
1st time out and about with my camera for 4 months. 15km walked. Right ankle/foot is mot appreciative of what I did

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock