To continue where I left off this morning:

Brussels Airlines are planning to add an additional service, daily except Saturday, for S20 with an A319 - 1800/1845z

easyJet are proposing a new 4 times per week service to Brussels for S20, Mon. Wed, Fri and Sunday whilst Hurghada will continue from the winter.

Ryanair are showing a planned twice weekly service, Thu & Sun to Kerry

Vueling are planning an increase to Barcelona from 8 to 11 per week with extra flights on Tue, Wed & Thu with an A320. This compares with 10 in S19. Times are 0945/1025z

Thanks for the info @Scottie Dog interesting ref the Brussels airlines possible addition so close to their current departure of 17:30, but I assume due to the also possible EZY new service?

An update (of sorts!) for SYD-MAN. Anna Aero's now got the year to November 2019 passenger numbers for "ultra long-haul from Australia". There are 10 routes with over 62,000 passengers. Qantas has stated that MEL-LHR, SYD-LHR, SYD-FRA and SYD-CDG will be the sole project sunrise services.

The numbers:
SYD-LHR 291686
MEL-LHR 284871
SYD-CDG 91817
SYD-FRA 67037
SYD-MAN 64838

Can't believe that MAN is actually ranked as high as 8th for passengers on an Australian long-haul route?! Yet again it is the outlier in a list of routes as not a "natural" route you'd think of. The full list is here:
https://www.anna.aero/2019/12/13/qantas-chooses-a350-for-project-sunrise-flights/

Beirut is listed and my limited research has thrown up around 75000 Lebanese in Australia with 66000 of them around Sydney

I work for an Australian company and we have offices in Leeds, York, Chester and Cheadle. All within catchment and would be invaluable to have a direct link!

Just trying to throw up some interesting possibilities for a Virgin hub which would allow for a higher amount of winter flying to be near the summer peak. We know about them looking at India to help feed their US route but I'm wondering if anyone has thought if it's possible to co-ordinate schedules for South-East Asia though to east coast US? With Thailand and Malaysia both listed in Category 2 by the FAA so unable to add new US services, the prospect of offering travellers an unusual one-stop option via here is intriguing.

Imagine combining moderate to high demand unserved routes like Mumbai, Delhi, Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur services to what now appears an underserved route like JFK. BKK + KUL would be no more than 3 or 4 weekly each (interestingly the flying time would be no more than 60 to 90 minutes longer than fying non-stop - but you'd have to add on a couple of hours for connecting but I'm pretty sure any TG/MH non-stop JFK routes would leave later than this MAN one-stop option so potentially meaning there's no actual timesaving involved))

Having looked at BA's timetables to see the times of their LHR routes, I've got in mind these sample timings (all times local)

For BKK/KUL: leave MAN 1300 arrive 0800. depart 1000 arrive MAN 1550
For JFK: leave MAN 1800 arrive JFK 2050 depart 2300 arrive 1100

Would we want to have Indian services feeding the 1st JFK (keeping the same timings) or 2nd JFK service?

Having an early evening departure to JFK with mid-morning MAN arrival means further nice feeding opportunity for and by Virgin Connect so we'd end up with half a dozen domestic services, 1 to 3 long-haul routes and the "natural" catchment area to support their "hub of the north" concept.

Getting the new fleet in place with no shuffling around due to 787 issues can't come soon enough so the real route planners can work in earnest to formulate a plan!

Doesn't that seem to happen with Thai Airways though? They get mentioned and then it all goes quiet.

It's 5 with BOS and if you count Biman twice with Dhaka and Sylhet. Shanghai and now Halifax being the other 2.
Whether Bangkok will be a 6th ......... well who knows? They applied for slots and weren't flight numbers mentioned at one stage?
They do have a history of will they, won't they?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock