Rueters are reporting that Ryanair have re opened talks with Boeing for another100 Max including the Max10 plus a further 100 on option.

Michael O'Leary has said negotiations likely to be lengthy (6 months plus) and unsurprisingly describing Boeings opening price offer as delusional.

Very interesting - 3 digit quantity. It's been done before, @rollo thank you for reminding three digit can be 100 (which is a lot but by Ryanair standards isn't much).

Given 227 of the 410 737NG's are 10+ years old, 81 of the 410 are 15+ years old I would imagine a further order of 150+ will be on the cards. Wouldn't surprise me to see an additional 200/250 737MAX200 as the increase in seats/huge potential in savings is attractive for Ryanair.

If the Max10 gets regulator approval Ryanair are moving into territory they've never really entered. 230 seats.

I said it would be big - but I wasn't expecting 150+150. 300.

300 Max 10's and 210 Max 200's means they'll become the largest short haul carrier in Europe at 510 aircraft. And with nearly half the NG fleet under 10 years I suspect we'll be getting a rather large airline soon...

They already are europes biggest airline. They like to have a young fleet so I would imagine that some of the “older” B738s will get retired when more Maxs join the fleet.

This could be interesting. I would expect new bases as a result.

Ryanair have outlined plans to double its UK market share and place 100 additional aircraft into the UK

Lots of mixed messaged coming from Ryanair at the moment.

LONDON (Reuters) - Irish budget airline Ryanair's boss Michael O'Leary said on Wednesday the UK air travel industry was weaker than Europe's as British consumers grapple with high interest rates and a cost-of-living crisis.

But only a week ago the airline said it was pulling flights out of Dublin and moving them to London in a spat with the Dublin airport authority.

In another Ryanair new story the airline claims it has cut its winter flight schedule due to delays in the delivery of new Boeing 737 planes.

It looks like the Ryanair spin-doctor has spun out of control!

Lots of mixed messaged coming from Ryanair at the moment.

But only a week ago the airline said it was pulling flights out of Dublin and moving them to London in a spat with the Dublin airport authority.

In another Ryanair new story the airline claims it has cut its winter flight schedule due to delays in the delivery of new Boeing 737 planes.

It looks like the Ryanair spin-doctor has spun out of control!
Classic Ryanair trying to use their size to negotiate airports into lower fees! I do wonder if their problem is though the lack of new markets for them to expand into.

Supposedly the airline is also threatening to withdraw it's base from Madeira due to a hike in fees there.

Interesting Ryanair starting a base ( or maybe its bases) in Morocco. Have read they will be launching a number of domestic flights, connecting cities that are not well connected now. Im sure this will be welcome, recently I checked on flights from Marrakesh to Tangiers , and there aren't any surprisingly, you seem to have to go via Casablanca often to get around. Road and rail journeys are long.

I believe it’s only UK who can operate the flights

Interesting as we don't currently either have any Ryanair UK (G) registered aircraft operating flights into LBA or have them based.

A Quick Look at STN flights I believe EI registrations can operate. I wonder, given the gaps, if it'll be a LBA based aircraft

Just looked on Flightradar24 history for past 12 months I can only see Ryanair UK (G) reg aircraft operating MAN-RAK STN-RAK OR STN-AGA routes.
Yes the are plenty of (EI) reg'ed Ryanair aircraft appearing into RAK and AGA, but they all seem to operating from EU destinations not the UK.

A Quick Look at STN flights I believe EI registrations can operate. I wonder, given the gaps, if it'll be a LBA based aircraft

Most likely but it should be UK aircraft because I’m 90% sure LBA,BHX and BRS will all be getting Ryanair UK Aircraft as training has started and crew are already available for the UK side for these airports

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

I've asked Gareth Southgate for the winning lottery numbers. He said 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
Aviador wrote on VC10's profile.
Thank you once again for your contribution to the running costs of Forums4airports. It's much appreciated.
Come On You England Boys
New "Helpful" tick and a "Great Photo" camera reactions now added.
X (Formerly Twitter) embeds should now be working fully again, though you may need to use the [MEDIA] BB Code to see the full effect if the single link doesn't embed correctly ;)
Being elevated in the field of Law does not make one immune from the troubles of medical life, apart from a long standing Brain issue, I have been diagnosed with Angina, a condition that actually hurts. I have no family and since my precious dog Peggy died, I have have no one to oblige myself. I am unwell, cannot avoid that so I wish you all well.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock