Advertisement

Ryanair

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Ryanair has luanched 10 new winter routes to France and is in talks with french unions with a view to opening bases there.
Ryanair’s new winter routes to/from France are:

– 4 from Paris Bva to Bratislava (2 x wkly), Malta (2), Prague (3) & Thessaloniki (2)

– 3 from Marseille to Bucharest (2 wkly), Budapest (2) & Faro (2)

– 2 from Nantes to London Stansted (4 wkly) & Seville (2)

– 1 from Bordeaux to Valencia (2 wkly)
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-announces-10-new-french-winter-2018-routes-plans-french-bases/

Advertisement

jfy1999

Staff member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
From their website - Jordan is the latest country to be served with flights to Amman and Aqaba

Ryanair's Amman Winter 2018 schedule includes:
  • 1 new route to Paphos (Cyprus) from March (4 weekly)
  • 10 new routes from October: Bologna (2 weekly), Brussels Zaventem (2), Bucharest (2), Budapest (2), Krakow (2), Milan Bergamo (3), Paphos (2), Prague (2), Vilnius (2) & Warsaw Modlin (2)
  • 430,000 customers p.a.
  • Over 300 on-site* jobs
Ryanair’s Aqaba Winter 2018 schedule includes:
  • 4 new routes: Athens (2 weekly), Cologne (2), Rome Ciampino (2) & Sofia (2)
  • Over 55,000 customers p.a.
  • 40 on-site* jobs

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-announces-11-new-w18-routes-from-edinburgh/

Ryanair is to close its GLA base from the coming winter and will transfer the aircraft to EDI.

It blames the move on 'the weaker Glasgow market where efforts to stimulate low fare demand are severely hampered by the continuing burden of APD'.

I find this slightly confusing because EDI is subject to the same APD as GLA. Is the GLA market really weaker than some of the other markets at smaller UK airports served by Ryanair?

GLA is a one-aircraft winter base although I understand there are two aircraft based there in summer. Does this signal a policy change, at least in the UK where Rayanair is extremely caustious about the possible effects of Brexit, where the airline might be looking to close more of its smaller UK bases?

Bournemouth comes to mind. I believe that too is a one-aircraft base.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
So MOL now believes he has the power to tell the British electorate to change its democratically arrived at decision. What next? A demand to re-run a UK general election because he doesn't like the result or replace the Queen with an elected head of state? These are the rantings of a meglomaniac and I can't believe he is serious. I think it's MOL......being MOL.

He'd also have the views of his shareholders in this public company to consider if he ever did seriously think of unilaterally withdrawing the airline's aircraft from one of the world's leading economies.

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Does he actually have the power though? Does he have the operational control to do something like that? It seems to me that MOL says one thing but that the airline then does something different.
If you look at other CEOs of airline groups they don't seem to come out with things like this. With Brexit to me it seems like it's personal to him.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes

jfy1999

Staff member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
On Friday there was a press release announcing S19 flights from a few countries which I think is a long time in advance by Ryanair standards.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
http://www.thejournal.ie/ryanair-diverted-frankfurt-4127334-Jul2018/

Ryanair flight from Dublin suffers in-flight depressurisation before being diverted

Yesterday evening a Ryanair flight between Dublin and Zadar, Croatia suffered an in-flight depressurisation. As a result the Boeing 737-800 diverted to Frankfurt-Hahn Airport in Germany. Oxygen masks deployed but reports say that about 30 passengers were taken to local hospitals complaining of earache and headache.

The remaining passengers spent the night at Hahn and Ryanair admitted there were some problems in providing overnight hotel accommodation because of a shortage.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Ryanair has had a 20% drop in it's first quarter profits. It's shares have dropped by as much as 6.3% and 600 flights are being cancelled because of strikes by cabin crew based Portugal, Spain and Belgium.
https://twitter.com/AlexInAir/status/1021309601063555072?s=19
Are Ryanair an airline heading for trouble or is this just a bump in the road for them?

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Ryanair has had a 20% drop in it's first quarter profits. It's shares have dropped by as much as 6.3% and 600 flights are being cancelled because of strikes by cabin crew based Portugal, Spain and Belgium.
https://twitter.com/AlexInAir/status/1021309601063555072?s=19
Are Ryanair an airline heading for trouble or is this just a bump in the road for them?
I don't think it's anything more than a hiccup along the way. Ryanair had issued a profits warning last November. MOL puts the current situation down to more intense competition leading to lower fares but the airline believes it's on course to register a 10%-20% profit increase during the current financial year through strong levels of booking this summer.

Rising fuel costs will also play a part in the performance of most airlines.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE

Advertisement

Top Bottom