Advertisement

Ryanair

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Thread starter Admin #161
Blah blah blah. I don't think Ryanair can be taken seriously anymore. They've said this kind of think so many times met with inaction or even followed by expansion.
I was going to say much the same as you. It wasn't so long ago that Ryanair had virtually written off any growth in the UK because of the spectre of Brexit. That threat didn't last long.

Advertisement

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Admin #162
I was going to say much the same as you. It wasn't so long ago that Ryanair had virtually written off any growth in the UK because of the spectre of Brexit. That threat didn't last long.
Personally I think they sometimes use things like this as an excuse to pull flights that aren't performing anyway. It's easy to blame strikes, airport fees or one thing or another than to just say, do you know what, that base just doesn't perform well.

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #163
Blah blah blah. I don't think Ryanair can be taken seriously anymore. They've said this kind of think so many times met with inaction or even followed by expansion.
They'll probably have a massive expansion in those countries! Lol

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #166
Interesting video about Ryanair and the effect they've had on the airline industry.

rollo

Platinum Member
Aug 26, 2014
Lates changes to their ever changing baggage policy.

They have now said that the new policy will not apply to the 2million passengers who had booked prior to August 31st and any of them (50,000) who had since stumped up for priority boarding will be refunded.

They are spinning this as part of their policy of ever reducing fares when actually they were facing the possibility of a class action regarding the imposition of a compulsory retrospective charge being applied to existing bookings and presumably the legal eagles have told them that they would lose.

Carl0927

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire
Lates changes to their ever changing baggage policy.

They have now said that the new policy will not apply to the 2million passengers who had booked prior to August 31st and any of them (50,000) who had since stumped up for priority boarding will be refunded.

They are spinning this as part of their policy of ever reducing fares when actually they were facing the possibility of a class action regarding the imposition of a compulsory retrospective charge being applied to existing bookings and presumably the legal eagles have told them that they would lose.
I am flying with them a week today, received an email saying I can take a small bag in with me, that MUST go u see seat in front, plus a bag that will be taken at the steps and put in hold. I'm only taking a rucksack so will see what happens.

rollo

Platinum Member
Aug 26, 2014
You'll probably be O.K.Carl, we are flying with them on the 26th under the old rules so our luggage will be taken at the gate and put in the hold. The original older system of take your 10kg bag to the gate and if too many turned up it was put in the hold all in the ticket price, simple easy and effective.You still had small cabin bag but as usual the bean couners win.

Have a good trip.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Thread starter Admin #172
Ryanair to cancel nearly 200 flights in latest strike action

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...r-cancel-190-flights-cabin-crew-strike-action

Ryanair is cancelling 190 flights this Friday as a result of industrial action by cabin staff based in Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, Italy and Germany. Affected passengers have been told but Ryanair is yet to publish a list of the flights to be cancelled, although some will involve UK routes.

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #173
Ryanair will open 2 new bases in France at Bordeaux and Marseille each with 2 based aircraft.
Bordeaux will get 16 new routes. Bari, Cologne Bonn, Copenhagen, Dublin, Fez, Krakow, Manchester, Marrakesh, Marseille, Mykonos, Nantes, Naples, Ouarzazte, Tangier, Valencia and Venice Treviso.
Marseille will get 11 new routes. Agadir, Alicante, Bologna, Bordeaux, Bucharest, Budapest, Manchester, Naples, Ouarzazte, Prague and Warsaw.
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-to-open-2-new-french-bases-at-bordeaux-marseille/

Advertisement

Top Bottom