Ryanair has had a 20% drop in it's first quarter profits. It's shares have dropped by as much as 6.3% and 600 flights are being cancelled because of strikes by cabin crew based Portugal, Spain and Belgium.
https://twitter.com/AlexInAir/status/1021309601063555072?s=19
Are Ryanair an airline heading for trouble or is this just a bump in the road for them?
I don't think it's anything more than a hiccup along the way. Ryanair had issued a profits warning last November. MOL puts the current situation down to more intense competition leading to lower fares but the airline believes it's on course to register a 10%-20% profit increase during the current financial year through strong levels of booking this summer.

Rising fuel costs will also play a part in the performance of most airlines.

Blah blah blah. I don't think Ryanair can be taken seriously anymore. They've said this kind of think so many times met with inaction or even followed by expansion.
I was going to say much the same as you. It wasn't so long ago that Ryanair had virtually written off any growth in the UK because of the spectre of Brexit. That threat didn't last long.

I was going to say much the same as you. It wasn't so long ago that Ryanair had virtually written off any growth in the UK because of the spectre of Brexit. That threat didn't last long.

Personally I think they sometimes use things like this as an excuse to pull flights that aren't performing anyway. It's easy to blame strikes, airport fees or one thing or another than to just say, do you know what, that base just doesn't perform well.

Blah blah blah. I don't think Ryanair can be taken seriously anymore. They've said this kind of think so many times met with inaction or even followed by expansion.
They'll probably have a massive expansion in those countries! Lol

Interesting video about Ryanair and the effect they've had on the airline industry.

Lates changes to their ever changing baggage policy.

They have now said that the new policy will not apply to the 2million passengers who had booked prior to August 31st and any of them (50,000) who had since stumped up for priority boarding will be refunded.

They are spinning this as part of their policy of ever reducing fares when actually they were facing the possibility of a class action regarding the imposition of a compulsory retrospective charge being applied to existing bookings and presumably the legal eagles have told them that they would lose.

Lates changes to their ever changing baggage policy.

They have now said that the new policy will not apply to the 2million passengers who had booked prior to August 31st and any of them (50,000) who had since stumped up for priority boarding will be refunded.

They are spinning this as part of their policy of ever reducing fares when actually they were facing the possibility of a class action regarding the imposition of a compulsory retrospective charge being applied to existing bookings and presumably the legal eagles have told them that they would lose.

I am flying with them a week today, received an email saying I can take a small bag in with me, that MUST go u see seat in front, plus a bag that will be taken at the steps and put in hold. I'm only taking a rucksack so will see what happens.

You'll probably be O.K.Carl, we are flying with them on the 26th under the old rules so our luggage will be taken at the gate and put in the hold. The original older system of take your 10kg bag to the gate and if too many turned up it was put in the hold all in the ticket price, simple easy and effective.You still had small cabin bag but as usual the bean couners win.

Have a good trip.

Ryanair to cancel nearly 200 flights in latest strike action

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...r-cancel-190-flights-cabin-crew-strike-action

Ryanair is cancelling 190 flights this Friday as a result of industrial action by cabin staff based in Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, Italy and Germany. Affected passengers have been told but Ryanair is yet to publish a list of the flights to be cancelled, although some will involve UK routes.

Ryanair will open 2 new bases in France at Bordeaux and Marseille each with 2 based aircraft.
Bordeaux will get 16 new routes. Bari, Cologne Bonn, Copenhagen, Dublin, Fez, Krakow, Manchester, Marrakesh, Marseille, Mykonos, Nantes, Naples, Ouarzazte, Tangier, Valencia and Venice Treviso.
Marseille will get 11 new routes. Agadir, Alicante, Bologna, Bordeaux, Bucharest, Budapest, Manchester, Naples, Ouarzazte, Prague and Warsaw.
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-to-open-2-new-french-bases-at-bordeaux-marseille/

https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...ice-aggressive-passengers-crime-a8596046.html

We don't seem to have discussed this disgraceful incident which occured whilst the aircraft was on the ground at Barcelona. The video embedded within the linked report - a video that has been the subject of endless media comment this weekend - shows a male passenger behaving aggressively towards a fellow passenger, apparently because of her colour.

I don't know if the cabin staff member who was trying to calm things down was the senior on board. On the face of it the captain should have been informed - perhaps he/she was - as the behaviour of the male must surely have given rise to concerns about his possible later behaviour on the flight, not to mention the intimidation and disgusting language the man used towards his fellow passenger.

The aircraft flew to Stansted and the Essex Police is reportedly investigating, but there are serious dubts as to whether the UK has the jurisdiction and thus the legal power to prosecute should such a step be considered appropriate.

For the moment Ryanair is making no comment as the police are investigating.

Better news.

November passengers numbers up11% year on year as the juggernaut we love to hate or should it be hate to love rolls on.
Following settlements with Spanish, Portuguese and Italian crews they have now reached preliminary agreement with German crew so appear to be getting that issue sorted.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock