Purchased the original ticket on 23rd February. Maybe I misunderstood but I thought the flight change fee was free if your flight was scheduled to operate during July or august and you wanted to move it to another date during these months...

Purchased the original ticket on 23rd February. Maybe I misunderstood but I thought the flight change fee was free if your flight was scheduled to operate during July or august and you wanted to move it to another date during these months...
It may depend on when you bought the ticket. You might want to check any e ticket or email they sent you at time of purchase to see what it says.

Ryanair is shutting its base at Frankfurt Hahn airport after German pilots voted to reject pay cuts.

The firm said in a memo to pilots that its bases at Berlin Tegel and Dusseldorf airports were also at risk of closure by the end of the summer.

He never wanted unions and now he feels vindicated and closing a base is his answer. Yet, do we know if the German business is failing and needed pilots to be flexible or is it a simple case of bosses vengeance? Was there mention of closing routes to UK& IRELAND?

He never wanted unions and now he feels vindicated and closing a base is his answer. Yet, do we know if the German business is failing and needed pilots to be flexible or is it a simple case of bosses vengeance? Was there mention of closing routes to UK& IRELAND?
I seem to recall three or four bases in the UK were considered as under threat of closure. I think it was Leeds, Prestwick and Bournemouth. I think Leeds crew accepted a pay cut, not sure about the others.

Ryanair have a certain way to working.

Announce a base is not viable, demand salary and airport/supplier costs are cut or they will close the base, if there is not suitable accommodation by the effected parties you may get one last chance otherwise the base is closed and the most profitable routes are operated by away based aircraft.

Simple - Yes

Immoral- probably

Profitable - definitely

Meanwhile last year 140 million plus people chose to fly with them.

Thank you Rollo, the perfect concise answer to my query. If Ryanair revert to type, they may transfer to alternative stations in Germany or open up a minor airport and become the main operator on terms to suit them!

For reference, I have never purchased a low cost but always travelled on legacy or flag airlines. I preferred the trimmings and the back up provided!

Interesting article about Ryanair profitability at various airports.

We often read discussions about a base at an airport for an airline that already serves that airport, but is a base the be-all and end-all? I've argued a number of times in forums that with an airline that has so many bases (as with Ryanair) an airport can be served well without having a base. Furthermore, using 'non-based' aircraft can smooth out peaks and troughs at some airports that are already bases for other airlines.

So I found it interesting to read this about Tenerife South.

Tenerife South stands out. And not just for a CAGR* of almost 10% since 2010.

Despite closing as a base, with its routes now using non-based aircraft, the airport performed very strongly: it was #38 for seats yet #9 for profit, with an approximate €60 million.

* compound annual growth rate

Again, as with the Easy analysis in the previous post, it would be interesting to see the same analysis done once Covid-19 is out of the way as much will change in the period between now and then and test all airlines and their decision making and choices me thinks.

It sure is a good base for Boeing to get it self in the market again with a good product hopefully.

And this follows shortly after a TV advertising campagn for fares from £19.99 following the vaccine roll-out. I wonder how many punters were taken in by this campagn and handed over their money for flights that won't take place now. It all sounds like par for the course for Ryan though doesn't it.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock