And this follows shortly after a TV advertising campagn for fares from £19.99 following the vaccine roll-out. I wonder how many punters were taken in by this campagn and handed over their money for flights that won't take place now. It all sounds like par for the course for Ryan though doesn't it.
They are a business and like any business will be trying to get revenue into their bank in what is uncertain times same as any other airline, while at the mercy of government travel bans.

Ryanair’s second 737max-8-200 has been delivered today. EI-HEN flew Seattle Boeing Field to Dublin.

Ryanair have taken delivery of another 737-max. This time it’s the first one going to Malta air. 9H-VUE.

Ryanair Operations in the UK (not including STN)

Looking at the week of the 9th August 2021, the Ryanair Group (Ryanair, Lauda, Malta Air, Buzz) operated 1,220 departures from 21 UK airports (I haven't included STN in this list due to the enormity of the operation there and amount of data regarding flights there).

Ryanair have 12 UK bases, BHX, BOH, BRS, EDI, EMA, LBA, LPL, LTN, MAN, PIK, SEN & STN. The SEN base will be closing at the end of summer 2021 and NCL becomes a base at the beginning of summer 2022.

Below is a table showing the UK airports Ryanair serve sorted by number of departures over the week of the 9th August 2021 and also showing the percentage difference compared to the same week in August 2019:

1629582804839.png

Ryanair Operations in the UK (not including STN)

Looking at the week of the 9th August 2021, the Ryanair Group (Ryanair, Lauda, Malta Air, Buzz) operated 1,220 departures from 21 UK airports (I haven't included STN in this list due to the enormity of the operation there and amount of data regarding flights there).

Ryanair have 12 UK bases, BHX, BOH, BRS, EDI, EMA, LBA, LPL, LTN, MAN, PIK, SEN & STN. The SEN base will be closing at the end of summer 2021 and NCL becomes a base at the beginning of summer 2022.

Below is a table showing the UK airports Ryanair serve sorted by number of departures over the week of the 9th August 2021 and also showing the percentage difference compared to the same week in August 2019:

View attachment 24220
Interesting , thank you.

Ryanair have ended talks with Boeing for the 737max-10 which is the largest version of the 737 max over a dispute with the prices. Could this lead Ryanair to go to rivals Airbus for new aircraft?….

I doubt it. if he did opt for the Airbus option. I cannot see him removing all those 737-800s and 737 Max’s to make way for Airbuses. Ryanair like to operate young aircraft in their fleet so until they’re at an age Ryanair deem them to old they will be kept in service.

Even if he did go to Airbus there’s no guarantee he will get a cheap deal with them either. It’s happened in the past with Airbus where he wanted planes at lower offers than Airbus were willing to accept. Hence the reason he stuck with Boeing as they gave him a good deal on the 737-800s and MAX-8s. But that doesn’t seem to be the case the 737-Max-10.

Last edited:
Ryanair will add a new destination to the list of many they serve: LA PALMA (In the Canary Islands)

There will be 2 new routes available to Madrid and Barcelona.

Madrid will be served 5 weekly
Barcelona will be 2 weekly

Sean M on Twitter

Ryanair will launch 6 new routes from Billund for Summer 2022:

Bari
Ibiza
Madrid
Porto
Trapani
Turin

Source of info: SeanM1997 on twitter

Ryanair are also launching 11 new routes from Stockholm Arlanda in Summer 2022:

Beziers
Brindisi
Chania
Corfu
Lulea( New Ryanair airport)
Palma
Rome Fiumicino
Poznan
Visby( New Ryanair airport)
Wroclaw
Zadar.

Source of info: SeanM1997 on twitter

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock