My first flight was in April to Barcelona. What amazed me, was the fact that the flight times were longer than PMI.

New Jet2 flight deck crew training facility in Manchester.

https://www.***Links to other Socia...d***-.com/7898647564/posts/10161299424252565/

So I guess thats where the Airbus sims Jet2 purchased a few years have gone too?

I suppose it makes sense to have the Airbus sims at the new Manchester Training facility seen as that's where the Airbus A321 fleet & crews are all currently based, whilst it will compliment it's Bradford based training facility.

I find that a little annoying if I'm honest. A short trip over the hill to Bradford shouldn't be too big a deal. As the 737-800 aircraft slowly depart the fleet this will probably eventually lead to the closure of the Bradford facility. Jet2 need to remember their roots, it's what made them the success they are today. It wasn't by coincidence they chose Leeds as their first base.

Will it? Will it eventually lead to the closure?

Pilots undergo simulator 2 checks a year. With 150 Airbus on order plus probably more to eventually do 737 replacement that’s a lot of checks. And I’m not sure Cheadle has the capacity.

I suspect they may eventually move out of Bradford M606 and into somewhere much much bigger.

I find that a little annoying if I'm honest. A short trip over the hill to Bradford shouldn't be too big a deal. As the 737-800 aircraft slowly depart the fleet this will probably eventually lead to the closure of the Bradford facility. Jet2 need to remember their roots, it's what made them the success they are today. It wasn't by coincidence they chose Leeds as their first base.
I agree with you but they tend not to look back. Manchester is their major base so perhaps inevitable thats where their infrastucture will slowly migrate to.

I agree with you but they tend not to look back. Manchester is their major base so perhaps inevitable thats where their infrastucture will slowly migrate to.

Yet there a major employee in Leeds area and continue to recruit.

Manchester’s a major base for EasyJet, for TUI yet neither have HQ in those bases or any plans to move them.

In answering your point @LBAYORKIE

I'm sticking my neck out here I know but I don't understand why airlines do this. We've seen it all too often, the vacuum that is Manchester and Gatwick. They gradually take more and more of the market and more than they can sustain. It never ends well. They are simply sowing the seeds for an eventual fail, not necessarily for Jet2, but a competitor. I hope I am wrong. In this instance Jet2 was doing something different in offering a decent number of flights from an underserved airport until now, and it was working well for them. Now they're reverting to doing what every failed airline in the past has always done before them.

Currently Jet2 seem far more astute than most other carriers in the past, but I get where you are coming from. Think the big difference with LS is they are always looking to be innovative and looking to stay ahead of their rivals. The NEOs will also help reduce CO2 - the recent Look North article covered that. Long live Jet2!

. In this instance Jet2 was doing something different in offering a decent number of flights from an underserved airport until now, and it was working well for them. Now they're reverting to doing what every failed airline in the past has always done before them.

Except they’ve just announced a 4th based unit in BFS for Summer 24. Additional in Newcastle and East Midlands this summer alongside Glasgow. So it’s not like they will retreat.

Where they putting 146 aircraft? 1/3 in each MAN BHX STN. And have done?

An additional sim centre in Manchester to alleviate pressure and create additional capacity with training and suddenly members think jet2 will move everything to MAN and close the base.

Last edited:
Just read on planespotters.net that G-SUNB was originally going to be G-JZDA but was not taken up on that registration. Maybe we will see future A321NEOs with the G-JZDx registrations

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock