Wasn’t this a rumour lifted directly from PPrune? Jet2 don’t tend to buy airlines - they may wish to acquire slots at LGW but there will be more to it than just being able to get the slots to fly from there. All this secret squirrel stuff and parts of HQ being cordoned off is just silly. Apparently a ‘skipper’ confirmed it. Must be true then 😏

All this secret squirrel stuff and parts of HQ being cordoned off is just silly. Apparently a ‘skipper’ confirmed it. Must be true then 😏

It would be done in London. Let's face it. Away from any "spies". And this captain near HQ? Well it would be the one in City Centre of Leeds so someones lost. And after this weekend didn't said captain want to give up their days off to assist with getting people on holiday and back....

Given they are such a company man...

Wasn’t this a rumour lifted directly from PPrune? Jet2 don’t tend to buy airlines - they may wish to acquire slots at LGW but there will be more to it than just being able to get the slots to fly from there. All this secret squirrel stuff and parts of HQ being cordoned off is just silly. Apparently a ‘skipper’ confirmed it. Must be true then 😏
Also why would IAG want to give up valuable Gatwick slots? If anyone is going to buy an airline I'd have thought it would be IAG buying JET2.

Unless BA is more then happy at throwing LGW away - keeping Long haul. All is a bit fishy tbh.
Why would BA be happy to do that? Why setup an airline to operate from there? If they wanted to reduce they'd keep the slots within IAG, maybe lease to a friendly airline.

Why would BA be happy to do that? Why setup an airline to operate from there? If they wanted to reduce they'd keep the slots within IAG, maybe lease to a friendly airline.

Who knows. And they had a presence which they reduced up to covid, withdrew, setting up was a way to make it "more profitable" which may not be working for them. After all it's mostly seat only BA are aiming at with minimal holiday. Leasing out slots for a x amount of aircraft for a set period of time would probably be better in the longer run for BA.

Keep them in the airline - or earn money. It's a no brainer if were honest. But I don't believe this anyway and think jet2 wouldn't want that. They'd want there own slots.

Or is it the new Monarch that BA are in negotiations with? If of course there is any truth in the "Sell" rumours at all. Quite often there can be no smoke without fire so something is possibly brewing - just don't have a clue what. Could BA be after Jet2 as their way to compete with U2. After all PM is stepping down at LS so BA may see this as an ideal piece of timing. Could be some interesting times ahead

Or is it the new Monarch that BA are in negotiations with? If of course there is any truth in the "Sell" rumours at all. Quite often there can be no smoke without fire so something is possibly brewing - just don't have a clue what. Could BA be after Jet2 as their way to compete with U2. After all PM is stepping down at LS so BA may see this as an ideal piece of timing. Could be some interesting times ahead
BA and Monarch would make a lot more sense as a rumour, particularly with the suggestion by the people behind the Monarch reboot that they have sourced 15 Airbus from somewhere in the U.K. It could allow for BA to divest the Euroflyer AOC to a different operating company, whilst potentially still selling BA Holidays to a wider market than just LGW (for European breaks, I know they offer long haul holidays from LHR and MAN).

Mergers and acquisitions is just something Jet2 do not do whether PM is there to influence things or not. The recruitment and deployment of Thomas Cook staff after its demise proved that they do not like mergers as they like everyone to toe the Jet2 line. Merging entire companies would be a step too far in my view.

Obviously anything is possible, and there’s no doubting Jet2 will need to get in to LGW at some point. But buying another airline is not the way to do this.

Or another angle, as reported elsewhere, could this be about Jet2 leasing the LGW slots that EZY are about to give back to BA. Think something is afoot it's just a matter of what exactly that may turn out to be

Or another angle, as reported elsewhere, could this be about Jet2 leasing the LGW slots that EZY are about to give back to BA. Think something is afoot it's just a matter of what exactly that may turn out to be
I agree that is plausible, just posted that elsewhere myself. But the apparent origins of the article are sketchy at best so I wouldn’t put any weight on it.

Yeah I know @pug it's difficult to know exactly what is happening - just have a feeling something is. Time will of course tell what that is and I am sure BA and LS will come out of this ok as I think they have a common goal here - and that is perhaps hinder EZY in any way they can

• Thanks
Reactions: pug
When I first read the post I wondered if the retirement of Mr Meeson had prompted Jet2 to let someone in from the madhouse, I thought, and still think, that this is not the way that Jet2 do things. I don't think things have changed but it wouldn' surprise if the base rumour of BA divesting themselves of this product wasn't on the cards.

When I first read the post I wondered if the retirement of Mr Meeson had prompted Jet2 to let someone in from the madhouse, I thought, and still think, that this is not the way that Jet2 do things. I don't think things have changed but it wouldn' surprise if the base rumour of BA divesting themselves of this product wasn't on the cards.
Interesting to note that PM will hold the title ‘Founder Advisor’ and will retain shares in the company. Could be a ploy to keep shareholders happy, but it’s more than likely going to lead to PM holding on to some significant influence within the operating company (hopefully and thankfully), which may safeguard the operation from some less scrupulous investors.

I understand there’s often no smoke without fire, but in this case I still remain to be convinced that BA have held any formal talks with Jet2 over a merger. If they have held talks it will be over the surplus slots at LGW that have been leased to Easyjet, possibly to firm up a winter charter operation and at a stretch to provide sufficient inroads for a base operation. But that is pure speculation on my part, I do not believe that any parts of HQ have been sealed off for secret squirrel stuff as told to us in the post elsewhere, nor do I believe any line Captain would be privy to such information had any higher level discussions taken place.

G-SUNB A321 neo has finally returned from its 2 week holiday in Antalya, and is straight back in service at Manchester, presumable with a new engine fitted.

would be interesting to know who is covering these costs for a new engine, do they have such a thing as a warrenty on them, or have Jet2 had to fork out for a new engine?
Good question but, was the aircraft getting in the way of a bird or was it farting flames due to a mechanical brakedown?

I believe the destinations. But I don’t believe they’ll delay when it’s clear it’ll be a winter announcement destination to rebalance the summer programme & the epicentre is no where near the resorts or destinations. Plus as usual with the fake news they’ll move into something new.

The reaction will be like Turkey; slow down in bookings and the public forget around 5/6 weeks after.

Last edited by a moderator:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

New "Helpful" tick and a "Great Photo" camera reactions now added.
X (Formerly Twitter) embeds should now be working fully again, though you may need to use the [MEDIA] BB Code to see the full effect if the single link doesn't embed correctly ;)
Being elevated in the field of Law does not make one immune from the troubles of medical life, apart from a long standing Brain issue, I have been diagnosed with Angina, a condition that actually hurts. I have no family and since my precious dog Peggy died, I have have no one to oblige myself. I am unwell, cannot avoid that so I wish you all well.
All set for a busy football weekend peeps?
A couple of tweaks here and there coming, keep an eye and see if you can spot the difference ;)
That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock