Advertisement

Jet2.com

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #41
Hopefully it'll persuade them to keep expanding and look at smaller airport's as well.

Advertisement

lbaspotter

Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net
Moderator #43

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #44
Surely the point about being independent is that you sell anybody's packages to suit your customers needs? Not just stick with 1 brand limiting your options for your customers.

Sherburnflyer92

May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
Thread starter #46
I'm of the firm belief that seeing is believing and until I see proof I don't believe a thing.

Looking at the past historical trends of jet2 it seems like when they apply themselves to it they go full head of steam into it. So STN base as a recent, expanding the holiday business which continues to grow and develop, self handling in stations, EWR winter operation. The list goes on and on.

Jet2 ordering 5 a330 would in my opinion distract them from the good of their short haul network and the growth of then holidays division with new destinations needed from present bases and relativitley new bases alongside brand new destinations (e.g. Greece, Italy). 5 a330 seems to little scale for a long haul op considering they would probably hit STN MAN and a Scottish airport (room for long haul up there?) relatively hard so to speak. MCO CUN would tie up 5 airframes from 3 bases leaving little slack for SBY units (Jet2's keen on them) and I would probably think that Heeson would want to offer more than 2 long haul destinations. 5 orders and 10 options maybe.

Anyway like I say until I see it I don't believe it. If it had solely been a further order for 737-800's I'd of believed it but with the a330 until you show me source and proof I'll sit back and say jet2 will grow in 2019 and probably sit back and stabilise in 2020 ready for 2021 growth.

Nov 5, 2012
Crash investigators findings in relation to the Lion Air (assume same company) crash in October, does lead you to wonder if being the biggest, means the best.
In addition this Jet2 growth, as I know well, as a Dart shareholder, due to circumstances likely never to occurr again. (new bases and competitor closure)
Looks good but like any figures you need to study in depth.

Advertisement

Top Bottom