All agents still have “preferred” suppliers though and will be on some sort of override if certain targets are achieved/exceeded

I expect that they'll do a lot of engagement work with the travel agents especially to get them to be top of the list when it comes to the agent's selling packages. Just wasn't sure if there was anything else involved.

Further suspension of Jet2 operations - up to and including 14 April 2021. So they have lost the big Easter market. I think it extremely unlikely that Jet2 will be alone in either suspending or greatly reducing operations in the first part of April. As things stand the remainder of April and perhaps beyond don't look any more promising.

Jet2 - Fri 2nd June 2021

34x departures today from 10x UK airports:

MAN (7) - PMI (3), IBZ (2), MAH (1), FNC (1)
STN (6) - PMI (2), IBZ (2), MAH (1), FNC (1)
BHX (4) - PMI (2), IBZ (1), MAH (1)
LBA (4) - PMI (2), IBZ (1), MAH (1)
GLA (3) - PMI (1), IBZ (1), FNC (1)
NCL (3) - PMI (1), IBZ (1), MAH (1)
BRS (2) - PMI (1), MAH (1)
EDI (2) - PMI (1), MAH (1)
EMA (2) - PMI (1), IBZ (1)
BFS (1) - PMI (1)

Jet2s current fleet stands at 91x aircraft:
A321 (1)
B733 (7)
B738 (75)
B752 (8)

The aircraft are currently based/stored as follows:
MAN (25) - A321 (1), B738 (16), B752 (8)
LBA (19) - B733 (7), B738 (12)
BHX (9) - B738 (9)
STN (8) - B738 (8)
BFS (6) - B738 (6)
EMA (6) - B738 (6)
GLA (6) - B738 (6)
EDI (5) - B738 (5)
NCL (4) - B738 (4)
BRS (3) - B738 (3)

Jet2 have placed its Winter 2022/23 Program on sale with holidays bookable until April 22 2023.

Flight only and Ski routes expected to go on sale soon for Winter 22/23

SeanM1997 on Twitter.

Last edited:
Hi all, the planned Bourgas, Bulgaria flights for this summer have all been scrapped across all bases. All flights to Bourgas will hopefully restart for next summer. (2022)

Here’s the planned start dates for next year.

Leeds/Bradford- Starts May 2nd 2022 2x weekly on Mondays and Thursdays
Manchester- Starts May 2nd 2022 2x weekly on Mondays and Fridays but increases to 3x weekly in June.
Newcastle- Starts May 2nd 1x weekly on Mondays, increases to 2 weekly from July 21.
Birmingham- Starts May 3rd 2x weekly on Tue,Fri.
London STN- Starts May 2nd 2x weekly on Mon, Fri. Increases to 3x weekly from 3rd August.
Belfast- Starts May 13th 1x weekly on Friday.
Glasgow- Starts May 3rd 1x weekly on Tuesdays.
Edinburgh- Starts May 3rd 1x weekly on Tuesdays

They don’t have plans to fly from Bristol-Bourgas but there it is for you.

Jet2 are interested in ordering up to 50 A321s.

Thanks to SPD-travels on Twitter for the heads up

The ink isn't dry yet!

Although taking delivery of 2 A321 ex Thomas Cook may have been an early pointer to a change of direction.

Only real substitute for the capacity of the 757 in the narrow body market that doesn't have the name MAX on it!

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/jet2-puts-winter-sun-2022-23-programme-on-sale

Steve Heapy says "We are looking ahead with enormous confidence and we are very excited about what else we have in store for customers and independent travel agents when it comes to winter ‘22/23.

We’ll be sharing more details over the coming weeks and we know how popular this programme will be.”

Could Jet2/Jet2holidays be planning on getting a little bit Sandy?

Last edited:
Thumbs up from me on this news. No mention anywhere of how firm the order is or when they are likely to start appearing. Anyone got any ideas and able to fill a few blanks in?

From the Investors Statement, seems it's a firm order for 36. No start date but anticipating all deliveries by 2027. There's also option to increase number up to 60. Not sure if there's been any queue jumping in the production schedule due to other airlines deferring or cancelling.

Media (eg BBC) bit slow in reporting. Nothing on their news site when I checked 15 minutes ago.

Jet2's own news page should have more news but it's blank at moment despite search engine directing me there....

Last edited:
There are sufficient aircraft sitting in desert locations and given that Jet2 have made use of an AirTanker A330, Why do they not secure one of these redundant craft? I would ask the same question to TUI.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock