Hopefully it'll persuade them to keep expanding and look at smaller airport's as well.

Surely the point about being independent is that you sell anybody's packages to suit your customers needs? Not just stick with 1 brand limiting your options for your customers.

I'm of the firm belief that seeing is believing and until I see proof I don't believe a thing.

Looking at the past historical trends of jet2 it seems like when they apply themselves to it they go full head of steam into it. So STN base as a recent, expanding the holiday business which continues to grow and develop, self handling in stations, EWR winter operation. The list goes on and on.

Jet2 ordering 5 a330 would in my opinion distract them from the good of their short haul network and the growth of then holidays division with new destinations needed from present bases and relativitley new bases alongside brand new destinations (e.g. Greece, Italy). 5 a330 seems to little scale for a long haul op considering they would probably hit STN MAN and a Scottish airport (room for long haul up there?) relatively hard so to speak. MCO CUN would tie up 5 airframes from 3 bases leaving little slack for SBY units (Jet2's keen on them) and I would probably think that Heeson would want to offer more than 2 long haul destinations. 5 orders and 10 options maybe.

Anyway like I say until I see it I don't believe it. If it had solely been a further order for 737-800's I'd of believed it but with the a330 until you show me source and proof I'll sit back and say jet2 will grow in 2019 and probably sit back and stabilise in 2020 ready for 2021 growth.

Jet2 have acquired 5 former Primera 737-800s which are due to arrive before S19. This is in addition to the one new and eight second-hand 738s entering the fleet before then.

Crash investigators findings in relation to the Lion Air (assume same company) crash in October, does lead you to wonder if being the biggest, means the best.
In addition this Jet2 growth, as I know well, as a Dart shareholder, due to circumstances likely never to occurr again. (new bases and competitor closure)
Looks good but like any figures you need to study in depth.

It does look smaller but maybe it's the photo or the angle?

It's not the photo or the angle.

It is smaller....the rising sun doesn't go as far up the tail! (That's how I noticed the difference)

Also, there is only 5 sun ray 'tails' above the door, where as on other aircraft, there is 6! Count them for yourself.

Met up with a senior guy within Jet2 this week for a pint (s). We discussed various topics including fleet replacement and he did say the airline could see an order going to a new manufacturer and possibly a new series on an existing fleet being introduced if circumstances permit.

Obviously until anything is officially released, the above is still pure speculation.

Dart Group AGM Statement 5th September 2019
At the Company’s Annual General Meeting today, Philip Meeson, Executive Chairman, will make the following statement: “In our Leisure Travel business, the later booking trend as reported in our Preliminary Results Statement on 11 July 2019 has continued, with overall demand for both our Flight-Only offering and Package Holiday product continuing to strengthen. Encouragingly, package holiday customer numbers as a proportion of total departing customers have increased for summer 2019 to date. Winter season forward bookings have yet to match our seat capacity growth, therefore pricing for both our leisure travel products will need to remain continually enticing. Encouraging progress continues to be made at Fowler Welch, our Distribution & Logistics business, with new commercial wins improving the quality of revenue and operational excellence ensuring customer satisfaction. With still some way to go in the Leisure Travel winter booking cycle, the Board remains optimistic that current market expectations for Group profit before foreign exchange revaluations and taxation for the year ending 31 March 2020 will be met. Looking further ahead, given the cost pressures the Travel industry is facing in general, which will intensify given the weakness in sterling, plus the deepening Brexit uncertainty and the impact this may have on consumer confidence, we remain very cautious in our outlook. The Board will provide a further trading update on publication of its interim results on 21 November 2019.”​

Jethro’s’ reporting disposal of 757’s G-LSAG/H/I cancelled. Fallout from demise of Thomas Cook?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock