Sherburnflyer92

May 7, 2011
No where
Hello there,
So after the release of the timetable (For canaries, turkey, greece, cyprus) i've come up with a base by base analysis. Some of the Summer 2015 ideas i've had are just what I WANT to see and more then likely not going to happen. So here goes,

Belfast:-
Tenerife – Added Tuesday service. 2 Weekly – Tuesday/Friday

Net – Overall a net decrease in ‘long’ flying from Belfast with the loss of Lanzarote from Belfast from S14. (Or not released yet). One would suspect this aircraft is better utilized to TFS.

Blackpool:-
Dalaman – No Change - 1 Weekly Monday
Lanzarote – No Change – 1 Weekly Wednesday
Tenerife – Added Tuesday Service – 2 Weekly – Tuesday/Friday

Net- Overall a net increase in ‘long’ flying from Blackpool with the gain of an extra TFS service. It goes live in Winter 2013/14 so will probably be a permanent fixture at BLK. Sad to see no other new routes at BLK – Maybe LPA for S15 or HER/PFO an increase to DLM? Who knows?

East Midlands:-
Bodrum – No Change – 1 Weekly Thursday – Retimed
Corfu – No Change – 1 Weekly Monday
Crete Heraklion – No Change – 1 Weekly Tuesday – Retimed
Dalaman – Added Thursday Service – 3 Weekly Monday/Thursday/Friday
Gran Canaria – No Change – 1 Weekly Monday
Lanzarote – Added Sunday Service – 2 Weekly Thursday/Sunday – Thursday retimed.
Larnaca – No Change – 1 Weekly Saturday
Paphos – No Change – 2 Weekly Wednesday/Sunday Service – Wednesday retimed.
Rhodes – No Change – 1 Weekly Wednesday Service – Retimed
Tenerife – No Change – 3 Weekly Tuesday/Friday/Saturday Service
Zante – NEW Service – 1 Weekly Wednesday

Net – Overall a net increase in ‘long’ flying. A gain of extra services to Lanzarote and Dalaman on top of a new service to Zante. What does S15 hold? I don’t know, can try predicting with an increase to TFS with an extra Thursday or Sunday flight, with DLM also on a Saturday, Increase to Her? LPA? ACE? Who knows?

Glasgow:-
Bodrum – No Change – 2 Weekly Monday/Thursday – Both Retimed
Crete – No Change – 2 Weekly Tuesday/Friday - Both Retimed
Dalaman – New Service Sunday – 5 Weekly Monday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday/Sunday – All Retimed
Fueterventura – NEW service – 1 Weekly Friday
Gran Canaria – New Tuesday Service – 2 Weekly Tuesday/Saturday
Lanzarote – New Saturday Service – 3 Weekly Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday
Paphos – No Change – 2 Weekly Wednesday/Saturday – Saturday RETIMED – Dropped Sunday
Rhodes – Non change – 1 Weekly Wednesday service
Tenerife – Increase to 6 Weekly – Everyday but Wednesday
Zante – NEW SERVICE – 1 Weekly Wednesday Service

Net – Overall a net increase in ‘long’ flying with Glasgow gaining extra or brand new flights to DLM, LPA, ACE, TFS, FUE and ZTH. What does S15 hold? Daily TFS flight, increase to DLM probably 6 weekly, Maybe an increase in ZTH and RHO, with maybe CFU and KGS being added? My thoughts anyway.

Leeds Bradford :-
Bodrum – No Change – 2 Weekly Monday/Thursday – No Change
Corfu – No Change – 1 Weekly Monday – No Change
Crete Heraklion – No Change – 3 Weekly Tuesday/Friday/Saturday – Friday retimed
Dalaman – No Change – 4 Weekly Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Saturday
Fuerteventura – NEW service – 1 Weekly Friday
Gran Canaria – No Change – 2 Weekly Monday/Thursday – Thursday retimed later
Kos – NEW service – 1 Weekly Tuesday
Lanzarote – New Saturday Service – 3 Weekly Thursday/Friday/Saturday
Larnaca – No Change – 1 Weekly Wednesday
Paphos – No Change – 2 Weekly Wednesday/Sunday
Rhodes – No Change – 1 Weekly Wednesday – RETIMED earlier – AGAIN
Tenerife – New Sunday Service – 5 Weekly Tuesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday – Tuesday/Friday retimed
Zante – New Sunday Service – 2 Weekly Wednesday/Sunday

Net:- Overall a net increase in ‘long’ flying. Two new destinations for LBA, increase to ACE and TFS, aswell as ZTH which is good. What does S15 bring? Hoping (own base), an increase in PFO and RHO. TFS to go 6 weekly maybe daily, alongside DLM, with ACE and LPA gaining also gaining an extra flight a week.

Manchester:-
Bodrum – New Sunday Service – 3 Weekly Monday/Thursday/Sunday – All flights retimed
Corfu – New Wednesday Service – 2 Weekly Monday/Wednesday
Crete Heraklion – New Sunday Service – 3 Weekly Monday/Thursday/Sunday – All flights retimed, Friday moved to Thursday
Dalaman – NOW DAILY – All flights now retimed to the same departure time
Fuerteventura – NEW service – 2 Weekly Tuesday/Friday
Gran Canaria – New Thursday Service – 3 Weekly Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday
Kos – New Sunday Service – 2 Weekly Wednesday/Sunday
Lanzarote – New Saturday Service – 4 Weekly Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday/Sunday Service – All retimed to the same departure time
Larnaca – No Change – 2 Weekly Wednesday/Saturday – Wednesday retimed
Paphos – New Monday Service – 3 Weekly Monday/Wednesday/Friday – Sunday moved to Friday
Rhodes – New Friday Service – 2 Weekly Wednesday/Friday
Tenerife – NOW DAILY - All flights now retimed to the same departure time
Zante – New Saturday Service – 2 Weekly Wednesday/Saturday service

Net: Overall a net increase in ‘long’ flying. All destinations but LCA have received an increase. Of course LBA means alot to Jet2, but MAN means just as much I think. MAN is a big market and with TCX decrease this very much makes up for it. Jet2 holidays will of course help with this growth. What does S15 bring? 2 extra flights to DLM/TFS on top of the daily flights, RHO going 3 weekly, PFO 4-5 weekly, LPA to 4 weekly, ACE to 5 Weekly, alot can be done with MAN however they’ve got to create it so that there isn’t so much in balance between Summer.

Newcastle:-
Bodrum – No Change – 1 Weekly Monday
Corfu – No Change – 1 Weekly Monday
Crete Heraklion – NO Change – 1 weekly Tuesday
Dalaman – NO Change – 3 Weekly Monday/Thursday/Friday
Gran Canaria – No Change – 1 Weekly Saturday
Lanzarote – No Change – 2 Weekly Thursday/Sunday
Paphos – No Change – 2 Weekly Wednesday/Sunday
Rhodes – No Change – 1 Weekly Wednesday
Tenerife – No Change – 3 Weekly Tuesday/Friday/Saturday – Tuesday retimed.

Net: Overall a net natural increase or decrease. Newcastle does not benefit from any of the other expansion other bases have received. So what happens for S15? I’d like to see TFS go 4 weekly, DLM to go 4 Weekly, BJV to 2 weekly, LPA retimed, KGS/ZTH maybe on the destination list. Isn’t it about time NCL got some of the expansion.

NET OVERALL ALL BASES:-
The majority of bases receive some expansions with regards to the long flying. Of course none of the other flights have being released yet, so who knows what lies there. Its s shame that Newcastle cannot enjoy any expansion this summer, it would seem that Jet2 have ‘trenched’ themselves in and are more then comfortable and happy with the way NCL performs, but it would be nice to see FUE and ZTH. Manchester has had the biggest increase, would one presume this is due to the rumour of EMA/GLA becoming 737-800 bases freeing up 3 757-200. 2 to Manchester judging by the expansion we see there with one to Leeds besides its 737-300, and Sole 737-800.
Of course not only this, we see increases in capacity and duration with most Turkey and Greek routes starting mid/early may and running well up to November.

What does Summer 2015 hold? Well what Id like to see and what is likely to happen are two different things, but I think they are planning now, expansion in fleet would could mean :-
BLK – Increase on DLM services. New destinations to maybe perhaps CFU/HER/RHO or PFO (737-800)
BFS – New service to DLM or HER or PFO?
EMA – Increase to canaries? Increase to turkey too? AYT as a New destination.
EDI – Final some expansion from EDI to these destinations. 2 weekly TFS, 1 Weekly ACE, 1 Weekly PFO, 1 Weekly RHO, 1 Weekly DLM, 1 Weekly LPA?
LBA – Expansion bigger maybe a 5th 757 based here. AYT as a New destination.
MAN – 2 Daily flight to TFS/DLM on certain days. Other expansion with routes, PFO going 4-5 weekly. AYT as a New destination.
NCL – Some expansion after years of stagnation and trenching themselves in. 757-200 maybe send them down to LBA/MAN and replace all with 737-800 plus one frame on top to make up with the loss of capacity? AYT as a New destination.

WHO Knows that’s what I’d love to see. No I don’t work for Jet2, however I have great respect for Jet2, and its sad to seem them waste such a GREAT opportunity they could have at each base. Who knows, maybe we could see a NEW base. Where would it be? BHX? ABZ? NWI? CWL? BOH (could do with a BLK similar sized operation).

A lot of expansion from Jet2! great to see, so for summer 13, which jet2 base is bigger, LBA or MAN? and for 14, which is looking bigger?

LBA - 23 versus 28 - MAN

LBA - 28 verus 42 - MAN

Interesting that with the rumour going around that 3 757 frames will be released, replaced by 737-800, LBA sees a growth of 5 (suggest extra frame used there) whilst MAN gets 14 ... 2 Frames X 7 Days = 14 extra flights. MAN of course the bigger for Long Flying (bigger gap for S14), but LBA will easily pull this up with the other destiantions not currently on offer from MAN.

Good to see an airbus in the Jet2 livery, even though it is very basic. A320 G-POWI has the Jet2.com titles on the tail and engines along with friendly low fares on the fuselage.

A nice write-up in the City Insider by David Stevenson

Over at the airline, scheduled passenger numbers increased 13%, revenue per passenger was up 11%, and load factor increased 3 percentage points to 90%. Given Dart Groups' strong balance sheet - cash of £190m - this probably makes Jet2.com the strongest regionally-focused low-cost operator in Europe.

Read more: http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/ ... lines.html

Heard a rumour today that Jet2 are looking at leasing some A330 aircraft. It is only a rumour at this stage but it has come from a good source. Thoughts?

EDIT:

It would seem like internet chatter regarding Jet2 acquisition of another airline would indicate the company's desire to obtain long haul aircraft so there must be some truth in the rumours.

With the Jet2holidays brand going from strength to strength I am sure it's only a matter of time before they try their hand at long haul services.

Personally I would love to see a widebody Jet2 aircraft!

Aviador said:
Heard a rumour today that Jet2 are looking at leasing some A330 aircraft. It is only a rumour at this stage but it has come from a good source. Thoughts?

EDIT:

It would seem like internet chatter regarding Jet2 acquisition of another airline would indicate the company's desire to obtain long haul aircraft so there must be some truth in the rumours.

I also heard the rumour that Jet2 maybe leasing 3x Airbus A330's, But to be honest with I myself don't think its the right aircraft for Jet2 long haul ambitions. They would be better going for Boeing 767's due to fleet compatibility as they can be flown by the Boeing 757's pilots whom are duel rated.

Yeap lots of rumours going a round about Jet2 maybe buying or even merging with Titan Airways, They both have the same fleet types with B733's and B752's. They both operate the Royal Mail Contract. Jet2 also often lease aircraft from Titan. Including the Newcastle based Airbus A320 and Manchester based Boeing 757 this summer. I wonder what they would do with the BAe 146's though. Also with Titan having a single Boeing 767-300 it would allow them scope to possibly look at Long Haul ops.

[textarea]Jet2holidays doubles carryings in six months to September

Summer 2013 trading for Jet2holidays and Jet2.com was described as “satisfactory” today despite the good weather in the north of England this year.

The business also achieved increases in ticket yields and load factors, though more recently yields and operating margins have come under pressure, parent company Dart Group reported in a trading statement today.

Read more: http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/ ... ember.html[/textarea]

Not A Good Week It Seems for Jet2

According to a couple of reports in the Aviation Herald it hasn't been a good week for Jet2.

On Wednesday (4 June) B757 LSAE en route Paphos - Newcastle diverted into Sophia because of an apparent depressurisation problem. It seems, from someone on board, that not all the oxygen masks deployed, which if true, is quite worrying. Link here http://avherald.com/h?article=4755f290&opt=0

The second incident on Friday (6 June) involved a B733 CELJ en route Alicante - Blackpool which occurred, during landing at Blackpool. Smoke was seen coming from the right hand side of the aircraft. The aircraft stopped on the runway and the Captain ordered an evacuation via the emergency slides. There was some comment in the article about one of the slides not deploying properly, which again if true, is quite worrying. From the second photograph supplied it certainly look as though something isn't quite right as the cabin door isn't fully open. Article here http://avherald.com/h?article=47576084&opt=0

What thoughts on the likely CAA response if the reports are accurate?

Hi Airforced,

Probably no different from any other airline with a large fleet. It's not nice to hear of incidents like this (particularly when you're due to fly with said airline in a couple of days) but these things happen and they happen to all airlines unfortunately.

Jet2 stunt in Derby 'turns into fighting mob'

_77077911_77076327.jpg

Zara Leadbeater, who won flights to Malta, said the Derby event was "good fun" and she and her children "really enjoyed" it.

Jet2 reveals cost of passenger compensation

Jet2's recent London Stock Exchange announcement said compensation payments for delayed flights are expected to cost the company in the region of £17 million this year.

The company said forward bookings for summer 2015 are "encouraging" and that sales were currently ahead of last year.

The markets reacted positively to the announcement.

Fleet replacement : brand new aircraft with all suppliers being considered, but one leading the way who you might not have expected.

Also heard some conflicting info regarding the A330, but can confirm if it did come off, it wouldn't be gracing LBA.

Watch this space.

BasilFawlty said:
Anyone with a full list of how many aircraft each base will have this summer? Thanks in advance!

A little digging for you I found the jet2 summer 15 a/c allocations.

MAN:

5 x 737-300
3 x 737-800
6 x 757-200

LBA:

5 x 737-300
2 x 737-800
5 x 757-200

NCL:

4 x 737-300
3 x 737-800

EDI:

4 x 737-300

EMA:

3 x 737-300
3 x 737-800

GLA:

6 x 737-800

BFS:

4 x 737-300

ALC:

2 x 737-300

Not sure about the leased a/c sorry.

:crazy:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock