Great news about Aegean, another European capital city ticked off the BHX wish list. :whiteflag:

Any idea of frequency? I couldn't see it in the linked Aegean report in thunderchild's post.

Frequency has not been confirmed but i would say either 2 or 3 per week to start off with.

Here is some of the report:
Analytically, AEGEAN announced today the addition of 15 new destinations from Athens in 2014, reaching to 47 overall international destinations from Athens. Specifically the new destinations include: Birmingham in England, Marseille and Nantes in France, Zurich in Switzerland, Hamburg, Hanover and Nuremberg in Germany, Copenhagen in Denmark, Catania in Italy, Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates, Beirut in Lebanon and Paphos in Cyprus, as well as 4 additional cities for considering inter alia, Stockholm, Sweden or Oslo in Norway, Ljubljana in Slovenia, Dubrovnik in Croatia.

Not sure of it's me but I'm not seeing BHX in the drop down box when trying to book. Of all the new routes listed there is still Catania, Beirut, Dubrovnik, Ljubljana, Zurich and BHX not yet listed.

Good news, Aegean Airlines new BHX-Athens summer 2014 route is now on the airlines destinations dropdown.

Be good to see Athens on the departure board and hopefully will do well for increase in flights for 2015. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
From the airport website.

05 December 2013

Aegean Athens

Aegean Airlines has announced that it will launch a twice weekly Athens service from Birmingham on 10th June 2014, operating each Tuesday and Saturday.

The flights will be operated using 168-seat Airbus A320 aircraft and passengers will be offered a dual class configuration and full onboard service, which includes complimentary food and drink.

The twice-weekly service will provide passengers in the Midlands with direct access to the Greek capital, as well as making it easier for passengers to continue their journey onwards to the Greek islands and mainland Greece.

William Pearson, Aviation Development Director at Birmingham Airport, said: “Athens is a fantastic addition to our route network as it will provide direct access to the Greek capital as well as to the hundreds of Greek Islands that are so popular with British tourists.

“Aegean Airlines is a new scheduled airline for Birmingham Airport, and as a Star Alliance member adds to the portfolio of airlines in this leading network of global carriers. We look forward to welcoming Aegean Airlines in June 2014.”

Business class passengers and Gold card members will have business lounge access at Birmingham Airport and Gold card members are also eligible for extra baggage allowance.

Athens is one of the world's oldest cities, with its recorded history spanning around 3,400 years. Classical Athens was a centre for the arts, learning and philosophy, home of Plato's Academy and Aristotle's Lyceum; it is widely referred to as the cradle of Western civilization and the birthplace of democracy. Today, a cosmopolitan metropolis, modern Athens is central to economic, financial, industrial, political and cultural life in Greece.

Flights can be booked at www.aegeanair.com

http://www.birminghamairport.co.uk/meta ... rvice.aspx

It should definitely do better than the last link to Athens we had (Hellenic - at least I think it was the last).

In addition to the scheduled flights Aegean should be operating a couple of charter series through summer 2014, hopefully details to follow soon.

Subject to change of course.

Great to see this airline at BHX, they have a ridiculously generous frequent flyer program of which I am a member.

The poor-man's way to Star Alliance Gold! :s_cool

Aegean's twice weekly (Tuesday & Saturday) flights to Athens start on Tuesday (10th June). In addition to these Aegean will be operating two weekly Charters for Olympic Holidays, Rhodes every Saturday starting 14th June arriving BHX at 10:00 then departing at 10:45 and Heraklion starting 24th June every Tuesday arriving BHX at 18:00 and leaving again at 18:45.

Ray Finkle said:
Aegean's twice weekly (Tuesday & Saturday) flights to Athens start on Tuesday (10th June). In addition to these Aegean will be operating two weekly Charters for Olympic Holidays, Rhodes every Saturday starting 14th June arriving BHX at 10:00 then departing at 10:45 and Heraklion starting 24th June every Tuesday arriving BHX at 18:00 and leaving again at 18:45.

Im expecting a water cannon for this, Aegean are a good airline and part of star alliance.

:good:

Aegean Airlines has now departed Athens and en route to BHX.

A welcome route and Airline to BHX

I wish them well.

It's definitely nice to see Athens back on the boards, I think Maersk Air were last on the route, can't remember the year though.

I too wish them well.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock