But, forgive me, Why?
With it being the near the end of summer season it wouldn’t surprise me and Eurowings will probably utilise the aircraft on other routes presumably from Germany as demand won’t warrant the flights at the moment either.

One in the eye for SAS. I think SAS operated something similar pre Pandemic as i recall.
That’s correct, it was also 2 per week. SAS didn’t seem to do as well as Monarch, which suggests to me that most of the traffic was originating from our end.

It’s great that Eurowings are giving BHX some love, just hope they can get the brand awareness to give these new routes the best chance.

That’s correct, it was also 2 per week. SAS didn’t seem to do as well as Monarch, which suggests to me that most of the traffic was originating from our end.

It’s great that Eurowings are giving BHX some love, just hope they can get the brand awareness to give these new routes the best chance.

Awesome news Eurowings, you can always count on the Germans (y)

Lets just hope that they start these routes, PMI was not a good start with there BHX European expansion. PRG is next to start ? Or will it ?

I know this is a big BUT, however would Eurowings be able to open a BHX base if they wanted too now that we are out of the EU ?

:unsure:

I know this is a big BUT, however would Eurowings be able to open a BHX base if they wanted too now that we are out of the EU ?

:unsure:

They could with some effort - would have to get a UK AOC (Air Operators Certificate).

easyJet UK
easyJet Europe
easyJet Switzerland

Wizz Air
Wizz Air UK
Wizz Air Abu Dhabi

Aer Lingus
Aer Lingus UK

For the airlines above, all UK based crew/staff will be employed by their respective UK divisions.

I'm not quite sure how Ryanair works though. It obviously has UK bases with crew/staff employed in the UK. It has a Ryanair UK division, however this only has 2 aircraft registered to it.

Another report on the Stockholm route (Simple Flying site)

Stockholm to Birmingham stands out​

One route stands out: Birmingham. Served by short-lived Duo Airways (remember them?) until 2004 and by Skyways until 2005, SAS operated it in 2005 and then again between 2012 and 2014. Monarch gave it a go in 2017, followed once more by SAS, although on a limited basis. The 904-mile link between the two cities will be the sole route on which Eurowings won’t have direct competition.

Even ignoring leakage from Birmingham’s natural catchment area to Manchester and London airports, which is likely to be pretty significant, approximately 20,000 round-trip passengers connected between Birmingham and Stockholm in 2019, booking data shows. That’s a good-sized starting point.

However, Stockholm has often been challenging from various UK airports, including easyJet from Luton, partly as there’s a higher business demand component. It’ll be interesting to follow its progress and to see how it does.

Eurowings
Will Eurowings be able to succeed to Birmingham where other carriers haven’t? Photo: Getty Images.

Whilst Bristol gets an increase of frequency on the Prague route. The Birmingham-Prague route will remain at 3 weekly flights during Summer 2022.

Source: SeanM1997 on twitter

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock