Photography - General Thread

Advertisement

David_itl

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2016
Ta. It's a Canon EOS 4000D. Came with 2 lenses and bought it for £399 in a sale (saved £100).

David_itl

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2016
Spent a good 10 to 15 minutes looking to see if there was a catch! The better lenses were from £300 upwards but i am nore than happy with what i got. No image stabilisation though

David_itl

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2016
Blue moon tonight These were taken on my previous camera

Kevin Farnell

Platinum Member
May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
Great photos, David!

I believe a 'Blue Moon' is when a second full moon occurs within one calendar month. Some months have an advantage over others in having 31 rather than 30 days. Poor old February gets the worst deal with usually just 28 days (29, every fourth year). Unfortunately, the Lunar Month is 29.53 days long so February has no chance, not even in a leap year.

Kevin

David_itl

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2016
For some reason, the new camera was putting a shadow on the image though through the viewfinder, it looked very sharp. Going to be a work in progress learning the nuances of the various settings. Wish I could say I'll get a bit of practice in but that's ruled out for the foreseeable future unless something photogenic appears in my vicinity.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
For some reason, the new camera was putting a shadow on the image though through the viewfinder, it looked very sharp. Going to be a work in progress learning the nuances of the various settings. Wish I could say I'll get a bit of practice in but that's ruled out for the foreseeable future unless something photogenic appears in my vicinity.
Re: shadows on the image, do you use a lens hood?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.