Re: Atlanta (ALT) - Thread

Great find Aviador and thanks for sharing. I transited through the mighty ATL a few years ago and I must say its a well oiled machine. I was just totally in awe of the number of jets in one place! After arrival it took us about 15 mins to taxi to the stand in which time we must have passed 60-70 MD80's and 757's :shok: I'm not even exaggerating the numbers...

:crazy:

I think that it is still the busiest airport in the World in terms of passengers.

I went to have a look at the video Aviador as my neighbour is flying in there from MAN next month. Unfortunately it is now showing as being a "private" video so can't be viewed. There are loads of Atlanta airport videos on YouTube so not sure which one your post referred to. Do you know of another link to it which will work for me?

Hi airforced, I've changed the link. I think it's the same programme.

After having looked at the Atlanta video I have a question about embedded YouTube videos. When playing the video the YouTube maximise function was non operational. As I like to maximise the picture when using YouTube I went and found the video and plyed it directly from there where the maximise function worked a treat.

I have since checked another embedded video on here (maseres recent MAN video) and once again the maximise function was non-op. However clicking the link you provided Aviador took me straight to YT where the max function was available to me.

Therefore would it be possible for the maximise function to be enabled in embedded videos or is it feasible to ask those posting videos to include a hyperlink as well as the video so that big screen addicts such as me don't have to go searching on YT.

Hi airforced. It's something I've tried to do myself many times forgetting the embedded link doesn't allow it. It's not something I know how to change so it would require my maintenance guy Ashley to have a look at it. When I next need some work doing I'll ask him to have a look at it to see if there's anything he can do.

Thanks Aviador. It is just a little thing but if it is possible for one or the other to be included in new posts it would be beneficial I think.

The next USA route i want for BHX would be a daily service to ATL on Delta ahead of any service to Chicago ORD. Maybe this will happen in the next couple of years, i hope so.

hi all , I'm travelling from London to Atlanta shortly then transfer to New Orleans.Once I am through the immigration and security I have to then go to Terminal S for my connecting flight to New Orleans but I cannot see any Terminal S on the map of Atlanta Airport . Any tips on this ?

hi all , I'm travelling from London to Atlanta shortly then transfer to New Orleans.Once I am through the immigration and security I have to then go to Terminal S for my connecting flight to New Orleans but I cannot see any Terminal S on the map of Atlanta Airport . Any tips on this ?
It's probably Concourse S in the domestic terminal. I'm guessing the flight is with Delta Airlines so it may be an idea to ring or tweet their customer services quote your flight number and ask them to confirm it.
If you go on the Atlanta airport website the terminal maps are there.

Delta Airlines has apparently cancelled in the region of 900 flights from it's base at Atlanta Airport as Hurricane Irma approaches the area now downgraded to a tropical storm. Winds are still expected to gust in the region on 70mph in some parts of the US State of Georgia.

Documentary about Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta, revealing how the airport copes with two million passengers a week passing through its terminals and concourses with a flight taking off and landing every 15 seconds. The programme shows how the armies of workers, cutting-edge technology and complex systems combine to keep things running smoothly

Tonight on C5 at 10pm

(y)

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock