To an extent I do feel for CityJet. However, their fares are much higher than at BRS and their service is, from what I can gather, somewhat unreliable with the current aircraft they utilise. With EZY with it's cheaper fares just across the Severn divide there is no way that CityJet can compete with that, whereby Flybe are a bigger airline who can. It is a dog eat dog world out there and the impetus at CWL is to get bums on seats. Flybe are much better equipped to do that. Harsh but true.

Changing subject, while Flybe are not the most reliable airline on which to base your fortunes, what's with Cityjet's livery? A lot of their RJ85s have lost the red stripe on the tail and the grey underside. Is this a new colour scheme?

To an extent I do feel for CityJet. However, their fares are much higher than at BRS and their service is, from what I can gather, somewhat unreliable with the current aircraft they utilise. With EZY with it's cheaper fares just across the Severn divide there is no way that CityJet can compete with that, whereby Flybe are a bigger airline who can. It is a dog eat dog world out there and the impetus at CWL is to get bums on seats. Flybe are much better equipped to do that. Harsh but true.

No sentiment in business. Flybe were effectively hounded out of BRS several years ago when easyJet came onto several of their routes with lower fares.

When I looked a few weeks ago the Flybe fares at CWL were quite competitive and much lower than Cityjet offered. Flybe's fares were also noticeably lower than similar routes that they operate from some other UK airports so CWL's may have been introductory fares. That said, they will still 'undercut' Cityjet's by a considerable margin if the CWL fares eventually become on a par with their other UK airports.

The Flybe Embraer jets will also be a much better bet for passengers than the F70s or Stobart's ATR 72 so that will be another plus.

When I looked at Flybe's CWL-Dusseldorf fares they were very much cheaper than bmi regional's BRS-DUS so there might even be a few passengers tempted to cross the Severn in the opposite direction to that normally followed.

Changing subject, while Flybe are not the most reliable airline on which to base your fortunes, what's with Cityjet's livery? A lot of their RJ85s have lost the red stripe on the tail and the grey underside. Is this a new colour scheme?

I'm sorry I can't answer the colour scheme question.

CityJet will be doing flights from Dublin to Cardiff for the Six nations.
Friday 10th March WX301 DUB-CWL 10.30-11.25 WX303 DUB-CWL 13.30-14.25
Saturday 11th March WX304 CWL-DUB 10.00-10.55 WX306 CWL-DUB 12.55-14.00
There is no return on Friday and no inbound on Saturday. Wondering if the aircraft are over nighting?

Is the match in Dublin or Cardiff this year?

Is the match in Dublin or Cardiff this year?
It's in Cardiff this year. Wales have Ireland and England at home this year. I'm surprised they are doing them as they are against Ryanair, Aer Lingus and Flybe and the price on their website was 186 euros for a roundtrip.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock