Sky is reporting on aircraft wreckage found washed up on a beach in the Sechelles is believed to be that of Malaysian MH370.

Not a crash but it seems like it came very close :shok:

I couldn't find a thread for incidents.

The crew of a Dublin-bound Aer Lingus flight had to take evasive action to avoid a private jet that had entered the runway while they were taking off.

As the Aer Lingus jet raced down the runway for take-off, an alert air traffic controller spotted a Cessna Citation jet about to enter the same runway and made a frantic radio broadcast instructing its crew to “hold position here”.

Air traffic control recordings confirm that the transmission was quickly followed by an instruction to the crew of the inbound British Airways flight to abort their landing.

“Speedbird 726, go around, I repeat go around, traffic has interfered on the runway,” the controller said.

When the British Airways crew acknowledged the “go around” instruction, the controller informed them: “There is an Airbus A320 [Aer Lingus] which has just fortunately departed without any problems.”

The controller then contacted the Aer Lingus flight, asking: “Are you okay?” The Aer Lingus crew replied: “Affirm, we had enough room to take a right around the traffic but luckily we were okay, yes.”

The controller said: “I am happy for you. We just saw it [Cessna] quite late but happy you are okay.”

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/ae ... 1438155296

The crash at Dittingen airshow yesterday happened approx 3 kms from my house, i happened to watch all the aircraft from my upstairs window on the Saturday, hoping to visit the show on the crash day, but i didn't go as the clouds we closing in and it was rainy around here. There was an F18 catching my attention with stall manouvres and the like, but i think i saw the props that subsequently crashed, they were pulling some formations close to my home, pretty slow speed stuff, it all looked a it messy to be honest..
Sad weekend for aviation shows.. thoughts with all those who have suffered a loss.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/23/europ ... index.html

I echo your sentiments re the bereaved.

It was certainly a sad weekend for airshows but I suppose like life in general it's impossible to achieve one hundred per cent safety.

Not really a crash but, still passengers injured...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34193767

_85444288_jordan-masters-604242.jpg

_85442746_b3831ff1-be17-415f-b840-63a9e59f1ed0.jpg

pictures from bbc.com

BA not lucky with 777's ...

Despite their plane being on fire it's good to see that pax had enough time to retrieve their hand luggage before evacuating.

Very sad. Lots of speculation on a forum used by many professionals in the industry as to possible cause(s) with specific questions about the aircraft remaining in the hold for two hours. There are suggestions in that forum that company pressure may have played a part in the decision to hold for so long but again it's only speculation.

There is a timeline of events leading to the crash for which I acknowledge a poster in the Dried Plum.

22:16 FZ981 commences descent from FL360
22:23 S71159 (an Airbus A319 from Moscow-Domodedovo) lands after it's first approach to runway 22
22:28 U62758 (an Airbus A320 from Khudzhand) lands after it's first approach to runway 22
22:39 FZ981 commences final approach to runway 22 at Rostov Airport
22:42 FZ981 aborts first approach at 1725 ft, 6.7 km short of the runway
22:49 FZ981 reaches 8000 feet and heads towards the northeast of the airport
22:54 SU1166 (a Sukhoi Superjet 100-95B from Moscow-Sheremetyevo) aborts the first approach to runway 22
23:07 SU1166 aborts the second approach to runway 22
23:17 SU1166 aborts the third approach to runway 22
23:20 SU1166 diverts towards Krasnodar
23:27 FZ981 enters holding pattern at 15000 feet to the southeast of the airport
00:28 FZ981 leaves the holding pattern and descends for a second approach
00:36 FZ981 intercepts the runway 22 localizer at 10 NM from the runway
00:40 FZ981 aborts second approach at 1550 ft, 5.6 km short of the runway
00:41 FZ981 impacts airport terrain after a steep descent from 3975 feet

http://tvzvezda.ru/news/vstrane_i_mire/ ... 3-he0x.htm

The above links to a recording of the last seven minutes conversation between aircraft crew and ATC. The conversation is in English although at one point both sides seem to have a bit of difficulty in communicating in English which is neither's first language. At other times during the recording ATC speaks to local aircraft in Russian.

I hasten to add there is no suggestion that any misunderstanding of English played any part in this tragedy.

At the point the pilot announced he was going around there was no indication anything was untoward from a standard go-around. His tone of voice sounded normal.

A few things I have noticed about the recordings.

The first, is the radio clips missing bits of the transmission at regular intervals making it difficult to make out what the instructions are.

The instruction to descend was given in metres not feet. Is this unusual as I thought level instructions were always given in either flight levels or in feet not metres?

Another point worth noting was the interference in one of the transmissions from a mobile phone.

There was a pressure change moments before the incident and it was unclear whether the aircraft repeated the correct pressure reading. I'm not a pilot so I don't know how this might have affected the final moments of the flight.

I often have wondered why all Airports are not fitted with cameras watching the runways , to help with all sorts of problems,, it is so cheap these days too. You can't walk from your house to the local chippy without being on camera a dozen times "for your own security" (apparently) yet it is not worth having a look at airport runways ?? ... All landings are controlled crashes at the end of the day..

flydubai-getty-516469970.jpg

Photo of runway where flydubai 981 hit the ground...

This plane hit the ground with enormous impact !! look at the debris.... this is not a botched landing, in my opinion.

could get even more interesting when passenger lists are released and investigated..

"A plane carrying 81 people, including a top Brazilian football team, has crashed on its approach to the city of Medellin in Colombia".

_92714394_mediaitem92714393.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-38140981

Well another sad day today after the latest air disaster involving Brazilian football team Chapecoense. There are a number of theories surrounding what happened including electrical failure and run out of fuel. The aircraft appears to have been holding prior to the crash.

"A plane carrying 81 people, including a top Brazilian football team, has crashed on its approach to the city of Medellin in Colombia".

_92714394_mediaitem92714393.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-38140981

Well another sad day today after the latest air disaster involving Brazilian football team Chapecoense. There are a number of theories surrounding what happened including electrical failure and run out of fuel. The aircraft appears to have been holding prior to the crash.
Most accidents occur due to an unfortunate series of events coinciding, this was caused by a criminally stupid decision to attempt a non stop flight at the absolute limit of an aircrafts range with no allowances for diverting to another airport, being put in a holding pattern or even encountering a stronger than expected headwind. I apologise for sounding a bit harsh but this accident has made me quite angry because people have lost their lives needlessly due to the reckless actions of one person.

I wonder if the copilot was vocal enough? I know here in the UK crews are trained to question each others decisions if they believe a decision is the wrong decision. Too many accidents happen whereby the copilot has not questioned a decision made by the captain of the flight. A sense of blarzaeness seems to occur all too often in the flight deck. Maybe computer systems with voice over should question decisions made by flight deck crew if calculations submitted suggest something is a miss?

Some quite incredible footage of a 727 which sadly crashed in Columbia. The clips show it overrunning on take off and it appears as if it hit a small building.

Horrific footage. Once the aircraft became airborne it turned sharp to the left. I imagine they realised they needed to return to the airport quickly but all their efforts were in vain.

Was that a crew member still alive? Do we know if he lived?

Horrific footage. Once the aircraft became airborne it turned sharp to the left. I imagine they realised they needed to return to the airport quickly but all their efforts were in vain.

Was that a crew member still alive? Do we know if he lived?
Not sure if the turn was intensional or whether it was due to damage sustained on take off . The starboard wing demolished a small concrete / brick built structure before it got airborne . Another video of a successful take off demonstrates how little room for error these pilots were leaving

Most accidents occur due to an unfortunate series of events coinciding, this was caused by a criminally stupid decision to attempt a non stop flight at the absolute limit of an aircrafts range with no allowances for diverting to another airport, being put in a holding pattern or even encountering a stronger than expected headwind. I apologise for sounding a bit harsh but this accident has made me quite angry because people have lost their lives needlessly due to the reckless actions of one person.

I didn't realise at the time that we had a picture of this airline in our database. I'm so far unable to ascertain if this is the same aircraft involved in the crash but our image was used in a couple of press articles. http://sipse.com/mundo/gerente-aerolinea-lamia-accidente-chapecoense-233606.html and https://regnum.ru/news/accidents/2220042.html
full

Credit to IL76MAN @ Forums4airports.com

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock